Status: In progress :)

A Familiar Past

Chapter 13

-*-Couple Month Later-*-

I had been afraid that our promise would be forgotten. It didn’t take all for Sasuke’s hatred to grow to the point where the old Sasuke showed less and less. He hardly spoke to me anymore. All he ever did was eat, sleep, and train. I just did my jobs around the lair and trained when I wasn’t on lookout duty.

Me: I hate this. Why did he change so much?

I just looked up at the starry sky. I missed the old days, when the two of us had nothing better to do than stare up like this. A tear escaped from my eye as I thought about those times.

Me: After everything we’ve gone through, and now he is gone.
???: He’s not gone.

I turned to find the owner of the voice. At first, I seen no one. Then he stepped into view.

Me: Orochimaru. Sir.

I added the last part. If I called him straight out he would begin to stop trusting me; as if he did already.

Orochimaru: He’s not gone, but you will be.

I was confused for a moment, but I jumped back. I jumped back just in time. Orochimaru charged at me, jumping from the spot I was just in.

Me: Lord Orochimaru! What are you doing?!

Oh, how I hated to call him by that title. He just smiled and lunged at me.

Orochimaru: I know you have been a spy for years now. You can cut the formal crap.

This was definitely not good. Orochimaru had discovered I was a spy, but I wasn’t anymore. But I really didn’t plan on staying here all my life either.

Me: What are you talking about, my lord?

That was so annoying. A part of me wanted to tell him that he was right, but I knew I couldn’t. It was my mission to watch Orochimaru and protect Sasuke.

Orochimaru: You played your part well, but I can see straight through your act.

He was charging at me again. I had to do something. I needed to get out of this somehow. But how could I?

Orochimaru: Give up already you fake!

I jumped up in to a tree to dodge.

???: What is with all the noise?

I looked below to see a figure walking toward us. It was Sasuke. I was grinning in my head. This could be just the way for me to keep my cover.

Orochimaru: Just exterminating an imposter.
Sasuke: Oh, really? And who might this imposter be?

Orochimaru pointed up to me.

Me: Sasuke! Tell him that I’m not an imposter. You know I’m loyal to Lord Orochimaru.

Sasuke looked up at me. There was something in his eye. What was he up to?

Sasuke: I don’t know that, Tiphia.

My jaw almost dropped, but I managed to catch myself. He had just said that I was an imposter and a traitor. Even though I was, he hadn’t even tried to side with me.

Me: Sasuke.

I mumbled his name. Only I could have heard it.

Orochimaru: It’s settled then. You are an imposter.

I shook my head. I could feel the tears wanting to surface, but I couldn’t let them. I jumped up, turning in the air. I ran quickly away. I heard someone behind me for quite a while, but finally the only sound following me was an eerie silence. I let a few tears escape from my eyes.

Me: [How could you have done that to me, Sasuke?]
♠ ♠ ♠
here we go guys! Enjoy! =^_^=