Status: In progress :)

A Familiar Past

Chapter 14

I sat in Tsunade’s office. I felt horrible. I felt empty. Tsunade was currently looking out the windows of her office, waiting on Kakashi to show up.

Tsunade: This all very disturbing.
Shizune: My lady, what should we do?

I continued to stare at the floor, zoning out. I didn’t want to hear what they were saying. I didn’t even want to be here. I wanted to go curl up somewhere and cry. That is all I wanted to do. Cry.

There was a knock on the door.

Tsunade: Enter.

The door opened to reveal Kakashi. He walked in, but he wasn’t alone. In behind him came Naruto and Sakura. The two walked in, not even seeing me.

Kakashi: I was told that this was an urgent matter about the spy case. I hope it’s alright that I brought these two along.
Tsunade: Not at all. It’s probably best if they learned.
Naruto: If we learned what?

I just sat in my place in the back of the room. I debated running out the door. I wanted out. I wanted to run away from this nightmare.

Sakura: Yeah, milady. What do you mean?

Tsunade and Kakashi looked at each other. They were trying to decide how to explain this to them.

Kakashi: Well you see, Tiphia never betrayed Konoha.
Naruto: What do you mean she never betrayed Konoha?!

The tone of Naruto’s voice shot me in the heart. I felt some of my tears start to surface. I held them back from sliding down my face.

Naruto: She attacked you! She tried to kill you! Remember?!
Kakashi: It wasn’t real.
Naruto: Of course it was real! I saw it with my own eyes!
Tsunade: It was all a cover.

Naruto was about to say something else but stopped. He looked at Tsunade in wonder.

Sakura: What do you mean by a cover?
Tsunade: Word reached me, that Orochimaru was planning another attack on Konoha. I needed to send a spy in to get information. So I asked Kakashi.
Kakashi: We knew that Orochimaru was after an Uchiha, so Tiphia made a great option.
Naruto: Why didn’t you send Sasuke?
Tsunade: It was after Orochimaru d approached him. It would be too much of a risk to send him in; so we were left with only one option.
Sakura: You send Tiphia.
Tsunade: Yes.

A solemn tear escaped my eyes, making a run down my cheek.

Naruto: But what about Tiphia? How is she?

Tsunade looked at Naruto, her eyes going to Kakashi and then me.

Tsunade: You can ask her that later Naruto. Right now, I need her to finish her report.

Naruto and Sakura looked confused. Kakashi stepped to the side, and turned to look at me. I looked up at Lady Tsunade.

Kakashi: Do you want us to stay or would it better for us to leave?
Tsunade: I would think we would have the same outcome either way.

I slowly stood to my feet. I kept my head tilted slightly forward, keeping my bangs over my eyes. As I rose, Naruto and Sakura noticed me.

Sakura: Tiphia…

She said my name softly and in wonder. Naruto looked at the floor. I think he realized that I had heard everything he had said.

Me: What do you want me to tell you?

My voice was mono-toned. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the shocked looks on Naruto and Sakura’s faces. They had never seen me remotely sad. And now, I felt like I had hit rock bottom.

Tsunade: Have you learned anything since last report? How was your cover blown? and What of Sasuke?

The sound of his name made me want to hit the floor. How could he turn against me like that?

Me: There is no new information to report. I was attacked by Orochimaru who was convinced I was a spy. I had to flee when I could not convince him otherwise.

There was a pause. I knew I wasn’t done.

Tsunade: Tiphia, what about Sasuke?

I just stood there. I didn’t know how to answer her. The Sasuke we all knew was gone; if not he was barely there. He was a lost cause; but I couldn’t say that about him. I just couldn’t bring myself to admit that my closest friend had turned his back on me. But hadn’t he already? He didn’t even attempt to back me up when Orochimaru was trying to kill me.

Tsunade: Tiphia?
Me: Any chance of him coming back of his own free will is very slim.

I said this barely above a whisper. I hated to admit it, but it was true.

Tsunade: Alright. That’s all I need. Thank you, Tiphia.

I didn’t even reply. I just turned around and left. As soon as I was out of Tsunade’s office, I was gone. I ran, and ran. I wanted to get somewhere where I could be alone for a little while. I also wanted to do some thinking.

It began to pour down rain as I slowed to a walk.

Me: [Well isn’t this appropriate?]

I stopped and looked up. Tears formed in my eyes as I looked upon the structure in front of me. I was standing before the entrance to the Uchiha Estate. I walked through the entry way.

Of all places, why here?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that I haven't updated this one in a while. Warning you all now that the next few chapters are a little emotional. But I hope you all enjoy it. =^_^=