Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

As I look around the finished nursery, I tell myself to write down that we need to look for a crib. Well, I'm not doing anything, so I might as well go and look at least.

*At the mall*
Carefully standing up from my table, I throw away the remnants of my half-decent meal in the food court trashcans and make my way around the mall. After first going to some of my favorite stores, I start to walk--more like waddle--to the baby store, although, before I arrive there, a body knocks my off balance and I start falling. Before I hit the ground, two hands grab me and pull me gently back up. After brushing myself off quickly, I look up and see Asher's concerned eyes staring at me.

"Oh, sorry, Ash."

"Nah, it's cool. Are you okay?"

"Perfect. Just about to go look at stuff for the baby."

"Cool, I just got off work. Can I come with you?"

"Of course."

We link arms and walk the remaining distance to the store.

"Hello! Can I help you with anything?" a friendly voice calls out from across the store as we enter. A pretty woman in her mid-twenties struts over to us with an infectious smile across her face.

I smile nervously back at her, tightening my grip on Asher's arm subconsciously.

"Um, I'm looking for a crib, but I'm mostly just looking for now."

"Oh, okay. Well, if you'll follow me, I can show you where we keep the cribs."

We follow her the short distance to the cribs, arms still linked together. She gives us a smile before going on about the different types of cribs and whatnot, but I'm not listening, my eyes glued already to a crib--a crib of perfection. After a few seconds, she leaves us to look and greets incoming customers.

"Asher. Asher. Holy shit, I love this one," I whisper, running my fingers across the cool, dark wood.

"It's so nice," he mutters.

"I know. But it's more than I have..."

"Well, I've been saving my money and working so that I could help buy things for her, so hopefully, our money together will be enough."

I give him a look and start to open my mouth, but he interrupts me.

"And don't try to stop me. Now come on, let's see how much we have."

After putting together both of our money, we come to the conclusion that we're just a little away from affording the gorgeous crib. I sigh and wave the saleswoman over. She comes over with another saleswoman who has a nasty look on her face the moment she sees me.

"Yes? Did you find something you liked?" the friendly one asks.

"Yeah, we like this one a lot. But we don't have quite enough yet. Is there any way you could..."

"Put it on hold? Of course. Your name is?"

"Zara Randall."

"Alright, excuse me for just a moment."

"Of course," I smile.

I turn back to Asher as the woman just stands there, glaring at us. He wraps his arm around my waist protectively, resting his hand on the side of my stomach. Right as he does so, the baby nudges in the same spot as his hand. He chuckles a bit and rubs my stomach in a soothing manner.

"You better leave your poor mama alone, little girl," he whispers.

I just laugh and move deeper into his arm, savoring the way I fit perfectly into it, even at the size I'm at. A few moments pass and the other saleswoman comes back, causing me great relief.

"Alright, all done."

"Thank you," I smile, Asher and I already rushing out of the store, trying to escape the glares of the snooty woman.

"Well, where to next, good lady?" he asks.

"Wherever you want to go, good sir."

"Oh em gee, let's go to Claire's!" he exclaims in a valley girl voice.

"Oh em gee, totes!" I say back, giggling.

I spot a store that I like quickly and grab his hand, dragging him behind me to the store, not seeing the grin on his face as I do so.

After we go to a few more stores, we decide to go to the food court and sit down.

"Aw, shit, I'm broke," I groan, my hunger revealing itself in this very moment.

"Ditto."

"Wanna go get some free samples?" I offer.

"Hell to the yes!" he says, helping me up from my seat.

Shortly after, we decide to leave and he walks me to my car.

"Well, this was fun. I hear all of these guys complaining when they go shopping with their girlfriends and shit and how horrible it is and I'm just like 'Well, obviously, you've never gotten shopping with Zara.'"

I just laugh and shake my head.

"Yeah, it was fun."

My phone buzzes with a message, and I read the text my mom sent me, telling me to be home soon.

"Well, I've gotta go. Bye," I tell him, kissing him on the cheek once and walking away, not looking back once.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm gonna end this soon. Maybe 10-ish chapters left? Not sure...