Status: Anus.

Pull Out My Insides

Zara Alisa Randall

Adam and I walk hand in hand along a dusty, irrelevant road, talking and catching up.

“So, what have you been doing these past 2 years?” I ask.

He shrugs. “Mostly just hanging out with the others here. Seeing how they got here. And watching over you, of course. Gotta watch out for my best friend.”

I laugh. “I bet that they weren’t as cool as you falling into an open manhole, being the clumsy asshole you are, and hitting your head on the ground and then a piece of machinery running you over.”

He shrugs. “Yep. Pretty much. I mostly just hang out with the other teenagers, so it’s usually stuff like suicide or car accidents. You know, the ones that usually happen.”

“You always were the special one. And then you got to go in glory. Just… earlier than I wanted you to. But… you’re meant to be here. And I guess that I’m meant to be down there.”

He gives me a soft smile and nods. “Yeah, you’re meant to be down there. You’re meant to live out your life happily and live in glory and happiness. I guess that I was just meant to check out early.”

Tears form in the back of my eyes. “I wish you hadn’t gone. You were my only friend. It was so hard at times without my best friend there to talk me out of depression or killing myself. But I knew that if I did, you wouldn’t be proud of me, so I kept going. But it hasn’t really paid off yet. I’m still miserable.”

He smiles knowingly.

“Just you wait, Zara. Just you wait.”

A smile comes across his face and I give him a look.

“Looks like you have a visitor.”

I nod and he takes me to the room and I can’t exactly say that I’m surprised at this point that Asher is standing there in my room, contemplating what to do.

But he surprises me when he just paces back and forth quickly from one side of the room to the other, running his hands through his thick hair and muttering things to himself too low for me to hear. Soon enough, he just leaves and leaves me even more confused than I was in the first place. I turn to my friend and let out a morbid sigh.

“I wish I could stay here forever, Adam. Then I wouldn’t have to deal with this bullshit with Neva and Asher. We could live happily ever after together forever,” I finish in a childlike voice, almost pleading with my big green eyes.

I lean into his lap and he runs his fingers through my thick red hair in a calming, soothing manner that reminds me of the times that my own mother did that to me.

“Me, too, Zara. Me too. But you know that you have a life to live down there. You’ll be going back soon, though. In due time.”

But that only sends waves of sorrow and despair through my body and make me emit a melancholy sigh from my pink lips forced into a thin line as I think of leaving my cadaverous best friend and this place of no pain. Physical, at least.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been updating, but I've been having writer's block. I know where I want to go with this, I just don't know how to get there. But, I dyed my hair red this weekend and got new shoes so I feel like a new person. I feel fancy. And I've been getting into AWOLNATION. Uh... ideas maybe? Or I can just figure it out... but it'll take time. Sorry, guise.