Perfectly Dysfunctional

Twenty eight

When we got back home, we all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways – but I went back with Nathan and Jay. I was shown around the house – which was fucking huge – and then shown to my room for the time I’d be staying with them. I decided late the next day – after a long chat with both Nathan and Jay about my situation and after they pretty much refused to let me go back ‘home’ – that I should go back for all of my stuff. And besides, I needed my car.

So we’d taken Nathan’s car - because it was so big, which I did not fail to mention again - and drove back to my house. After I quietly opened the door to check if my dad would be there, I called them in as the house was empty. We worked quickly, loading everything into his car and my own car. I was glad I didn’t have much – that’s what moving so far does to you I guess; take minimal amounts – so it only took the one trip back with the two cars. The whole time I was expecting my dad to come home and drag me back in despite the last thing he’d ever said to me, but then I realised that in the whole time I had been gone he hadn’t bothered calling me, so I doubted he would try and drag me back. Either way, I left a very simple note; “Your wish is my command.” I’m safe. Don’t bother trying to call me.

I liked my sarcasm.

The day after I’d moved all my stuff in, I spent pretty much all day texting Emma, who was getting the train down early tomorrow, and she was pretty much sick with excitement at the thought of living with Nathan and Jay. We met up with the others for dinner that night. Max and Tom’s girlfriends Michelle and Kelsey were there too, and I bonded even more with everyone. We all spoke about the tour and our favourite parts, with Nareesha and I still thanking them for dedicating Gold Forever to us. When we finished eating Nareesha told everyone she had something to tell them, and Siva beamed. I’d already been given the details of what happened on the night of the bus crash a few days before the tour ended. When she announced she was pregnant, I don’t think anyone really got it at first. I sat half grinning and half smirking at the looks on everyone else’s face, but it was Nathan who made the first move of lunging across the table and pulling Nareesha right into him, exclaiming about how happy he was. The others were quick to join in congratulating them, and then a whole conversation began on the topic.

The next morning I woke up early feeling totally stoked for Emma arriving. Well, it was early for me, but when I emerged in the kitchen I found Jay eating pancakes.

“Morning Jenny, you want some pancakes?” he smiled and pointed to the huge stack in the centre of the table.

“Sure, thanks,” I smiled and grabbed a plate and some cutlery before sitting down next to him and helping myself to a couple of pancakes.

“So, excited for Emma coming down then?” he asked as he scraped some syrup up.

“Can you tell?” I grinned then shoved some food in my mouth, “Oh my God, these are incredible!”

He grinned, “Thanks!”

“When you get a girlfriend, make her these and she'll never leave you,” I joked as I cut up some more. We both laughed and Nathan emerged bleary eyed from sleep.

“Good morning, Sleeping Beauty,” Jay joked. “Dude what happened? Even Jenny’s up before you!”

“Hey! If these weren’t so darn good I’d throw one at you,” I pretended to glare at him and he laughed.

“Wait a minute!” Nathan became way more lively and he ran to grab a plate and some cutlery, “Jay made pancakes and no one woke me up?! What the fuck?” And with that he piled five onto his plate, smothered them in syrup and tore right into them.

“Nathan you’re disgusting,” I said, pretending to be disgusted as I pointedly cut a small piece of pancake up and put it in my mouth.

“Shut up, you know you’d tap this,” he said around a mouthful of pancake.

“I hope you choke on that,” I joked and Jay pretended to wince. I glanced at Nathan and took in his appearance; messy bed hair, shirtless, almost sleep-deprived, and came to the conclusion that yes, I definitely would tap that – disgusting or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Wanted are in Glasgow. That's all I have to say right now. :)