Perfectly Dysfunctional

Fifty

Jay gasped loudly; “I remember this tinsel!” he clapped happily as best he could whilst holding the flipcam before pulling it out of the box and wrapping it around his body any way he could, “Wait, why do you even still have this tinsel? You used it years ago...”

“Excuse me...” Nathan started to defend but trailed off.

“Yeah, you don’t really have an excuse for that...” Siva said quickly making us all laugh.

“We’ll fix it all,” I said whilst ushering them out, “Come on Jay,” I picked up a bauble and hung it from his ear, “Let’s go.”

“But... But I wanna play!” he pouted up at us with scabby looking strand of bright pink tinsel wrapped around his head and draped over his shoulders.

“Jay,” Emma smiled sweetly to the flipcam that was held in front of his face, “If you come upstairs, I’ll rip off Jay Junior, okay?”

I watched as Jay grinned at her but Nathan’s eyes bugged out of his head a little and he slapped his hand on Jay’s shoulder. He looked up at Nathan from the floor, “Come on, we don’t need their crappy decorations-”

“Yeah, we have x-box and beer in the basement!” Siva cheered and the females rolled their eyes with a smile.

“Nath, may I just point out that the ‘crappy decorations’ they’re putting up are gonna be in our house?” Jay said as he stood up and pointedly dragged his feet from the room. We heard their voices fade as they walked downstairs and Emma closed the door as Kara switched on the music channel which was playing a mix of normal songs and Christmas songs.

“Oh! Guys, I was thinking-” Michelle started but I interrupted.

“Don’t hurt yourself,” I ducked as a bauble came flying in my direction, “Sorry,” I laughed, “Continue,”

Anyway, I was thinking we could have a party for when the boys finish up for Christmas?” she suggested. “I mean, I know Kelsey’s not here, but I finish next week and they finish a couple of days later.”

“Sounds good to me,” Nareesha shrugged and Emma and I agreed.

“And I was thinking we could theme it?”

“Depends on the theme; cos if you let them pick, they’ll chose something themed around them being guys and stuff, and I’m sorry, but I’m not dressing down for a bunch of horny nineteen/twenty year old guys,” Emma ranted.

“Don’t be stupid; that would put us in the worst positions ever and it’s the middle of winter,” Michelle flicked Emma’s arm.

“That’s what she said...” Nareesha put in and we all laughed. “I’m going to kill Jay, it’s his fault I say that now.”

“Anyway, I was thinking either a beach or summer thing, or a Halloween thing...” she trailed off, “It’s just an idea, cos I know we all love the beach, and they’re quite big fans of Halloween so, yeah...”

“Both are really good,” I said, “I don’t think I’d mind any of them really,” and we all agreed.

“Actually, I’d probably prefer the Halloween one, cos I don’t wanna dress up all summery and shit,” Nareesha said whilst pointing at her stomach.

“So we’ve decided on a dressing up kinda theme then?” Michelle grinned then clapped her hands excitedly as we all nodded, “Now I just have to decide what to be.”

“Michelle!” We all simultaneously groaned, “Now we have to do that too!” I said, “And how are the boys gonna know if it’s a surprise?”

“Good point,” We all continued hanging the decorations as we thought. We were nearly done; all that was left was to hang the lights around the room and wrap the good strands of tinsel around the banister on the staircase as we’d put ribbon on the tree, and then we were finished.

“I’ve got it!” Emma cried as we sat in a circle untangling the lights, “We don’t buy our own costumes,” she had a smug look on her face.

“What do you mean?” Nareesha asked, “I don’t like that look.”

“Well it saves us being indecisive, and then we can just pick out the boys ones too,” she grinned and I saw Michelle’s face lighting up.

“Michelle, if you agree and Emma’s buying your costume, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life,” I said and she shook me off whilst agreeing with Emma and laughing.

“Let’s pick names from a hat or something when we’re done,” Nareesha grinned, obviously warming up to the idea. So after we wrapped tinsel and hung lights, I ran to the coffee table and grabbed a pen and a bit of paper. I ripped the paper into four bits and wrote each of our names, folded the pieces up really small and shook them around in my hand.

“Okay, so, rules are if you get yourself, put it back and pick another, otherwise, don’t tell anyone who you get. And we’ll have the party on the sixteenth so... a week to buy the costumes? And we’ll pick the boys names out as well and get theirs?” Nareesha finalized and we all agreed. I held out my hand to Michelle, who quickly grabbed a piece of paper and unfolded it before grinning. I done the same with Nareesha then Emma, and I unfolded my own piece of paper to see who I got.

Michelle.

“Guys, I really want to go buy costumes like, right now. I’m torn between two,” Nareesha said and we all laughed as I ripped up five pieces of paper with the boys names.

“I want to go look too. We could all go and just look around tomorrow?” Emma suggested and we all agreed. “Right, so how will we work this one?” she asked when I folded them up and shook them around in my hands.

“You can’t get your boyfriend, and we’ll ask Jayne to pick the costume for the last one left?” Nareesha said and we agreed before I held my hands out to everyone. I made Michelle pick her one then the one for Jayne and took the last one.

Jay.

I grinned then threw the pen and Jayne’s piece of paper back in the drawer and shoved the pieces of paper in my back pocket.

“This will be great. I’m starving after that; shall I go get the children?” I laughed as I stood up and headed to the basement door not bothering to knock.

“But I’m the most sensible!” Jay was yelling.

“But I’m the most amazing!” Nathan yelled louder.

“Guys, I think we all know who’s more sensible and amazing,” Max said in a smug tone then I heard two gasps come from Jay and Nathan.

“You didn’t...” Nathan said and Max laughed, “Siva!” Nathan whined.

“Guys, piss off!” Siva laughed.

“Yo,” I said as I stepped down a few more steps, alerting them of my presence, “I don’t even want to know what you’re arguing about, but-”

“Who’s going to be God-father of the baby,” Siva muttered, “At this rate it’ll be Tom and he’s not even here,” he pretended to glare.

“Well, just to let you know we’re finished upstairs, and we’re all starving, so we’re gonna order in some food-” That shut them up arguing as they all jumped up and rushed passed me.

“THANK YOU,” Siva hugged me quickly then let me go as he sprinted up the stairs.

“You’re welcome?” I half-questioned the shook my head slightly before walking over to Nathan who hadn’t moved from where he was sitting, “C’mon, we’re getting food.” He shook his head with a grin, “Nath, I’m serious, if I don’t get food you won’t be in my good books,” I grabbed his wrist and tried to pull him up but he pulled me onto him and gave me a quick kiss.

“Was I ever in your good books?” he asked quietly and I rolled my eyes with a smile. When I stayed quiet it was his turn to roll his eyes with a smile and he pecked my lips before sighing dramatically and standing up, “Come on then, I’m starving!”

“Dick,” I muttered as I started to climb the stairs dragging him behind me. I could feel his eyes burning holes where he was staring at me and I shook my head with a smile. Just before I reached the basement door however, he tugged on my hand and pulled me round to face him. “Nath-” I was cut off by his lips against mine quickly, “Why d’you wanna be a God-father anyway?” I asked.

“Because if I’m God-daddy then you can be God-mummy with me,” he smirked and let his hands rest in the back pocket of my jeans. I smiled and he reached down to kiss me again. I relaxed into the kiss, letting out a content sigh.

“What’s that?” he asked when the kiss ended and he pulled out one of the papers with either Michelle or Jay’s names on it.

“It’s top secret; it has the name of my lover on it.”

“In which case I hope it says Nathan,” he unfolded it and his jaw dropped dramatically. “Michelle?!”

“Sorry love,” I laughed and opened the basement door, “Oh, and Nareesha’s baby is mine too.”

“God, well it can’t be everybody’s!” he huffed and walked into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for parties. The party should be fun to write :') Enjoy! :)