Status: working on it...

Roman.

Ch. 5: The Dream

Roman was walking down the school hallway in a daze, it seemed like everyone was in slow motion but the strangest part is that everyone looked shocked or scared. A few people were slowly running down the hallway like they were afraid of something.
Roman looked around and saw Sutton, Ethan, Hanna, and Maya standing by a few lockers with their backs turned to him.
Only his footsteps were heard as he walked over to them, "Guys, what's going on here?"
Sutton stood up straight as if he was holding a gun to her back, "Oh nothing, we're just having a little fun Roman... Wanna join us?"
At that time the circle split and everyone's faces were basically melted off, Roman took a step back, "Guys?"
Ethan took a step forward, his skeletal smile peering through melted pieces of skin, "Come on Roman, you'll live for this stuff. Isn't that why you came here anyway? To have fun? Be someone else?"
Roman couldn't believe what he was seeing.
He was staring so hard into Ethan's empty eye socket that he almost missed the figure slipping around the corner.
"Hey, wait!"
He lurched forward in an attempt to get around Ethan, Sutton, and the rest of the group.
He turned a corner and it was empty, aside from the figure up ahead laughing his head off. The laugh sounded so familiar...
"Slow down! I need to talk to you!"
He was hardly catching up to the guy before he tripped and fell to the floor.
"Damnit..."
When he lifted his head he saw a pair of black boots approaching. He slowly removed his body from the floor and peered into the face of the person in front of him.
A smile was on the familiar young man's face and those greenish hazel eyes were alight with joy and malice. "Hello Roman, remember me?"
Then it clicked, this wasn't just a familiar face. This was him.
Roman.
"Close you're mouth before something flies in there, look we don't have much time... You're in trouble and staying here and figuring out what's really going on is the only thing that will save you."
The second Roman glanced at the clock, then back at Roman, "Time's up for now Roman... I'll see you next time."
Suddenly the second Roman fizzled into thin air and Roman smelled smoke.
He took three steps forward before the gym's double door swung open and a whirlwind of flames approached him and lit up the whole school. "No!!!"
=================================
"No!" Roman shot straight up out of his sleep. He looked around and saw that he was still in his bedroom, no fire, no flames. He was fine.
He rubbed his face and laid back on his bed.
That would have to be one of the weirdest dreams that he ever had.
He looked over to his clock and saw that it was 6:45. He would have to wake up in ten minutes to get ready for school, so he decided to go ahead and get ready.