Definition of Truth

Chapter 2

"Let's see... Alice."

I groaned. Just great. I really didn't want this. Please... please... be something I know. Something I have studied long and hard for...

"What kind of government does the USA have, Alice?" I could hear the sneer in his voice. He loved to torture people, especially me.

"Umm... well.. Democracy?"

"Thats... well thats correct." my history teacher, Mr. Barnes, said in astonishment.

Yup. I got it and I was ecstatic. I GOT A QUESTION RIGHT!! ALRIGHT!!! Then I realized something. I heard a snicker from behind me and I turned around slowly to find the biggest, meanest bully behind me. He sneered.

"Looks like we got ourselves another geek." he said. I smiled sweetly.

"Looks like we got a 12th grader that can never graduate. I wonder why?? Oh look, I remember now... all because of that assignment and the big fat F- on it." I turned around and the bell rang. I quickly got up and left the room. Lunch. I liked the sound of it. I shoved my stuff in the locker and grabbed my money. I hurried to the lunch room.

"Hey Kate!" I called. She turned to see me and smiled. Then her smile got bigger and suddenly I was no longer in the cafeteria. I was in the hallway.

"Wa-.. hey! I'm hungry peeps!" I whipped around and grinned. Frank had pulled me out.

"Let's go get something yummy to eat. Not this cafeteria junk that the school calls food." he said and grinned.

"What about Kate, and the gang?" I asked.

"Already accounted for." I heard Kate and the gang say. I whipped around and my grin became a smile.

"I take it the MCR crew is in the van?" I asked turning back around to face Frank.

"Yup. And starving. You guys have the latest lunch there is!!!" He cried and I laughed.

"Let's go." I said.

"Where ya goin geek?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Lunch. I'm starving. See ya." I retorted and faced the bully.

"Ya gonna give me ya money then?" he asked.

"Why would I? It's mine. Not yours. Your name's definitely not on it. Oh wait, maybe it is?" I retorted and lifted my money up to my face to inspect one of my one dollar bills. "Nope. No name of yours. Maybe you should go and use your own money." I said.

"No I think your gonna give me your money." he stepped closer. I stepped closer to him and his eyes changed.

"Never had someone stand up to you like me before huh?" I asked.

"Yeah. They died each time."

"Don't think I will. So beat it. Before I call the principle and call harassment." I threatened.

"You'd be out before you could say it anyways."

"Would I? I'm out... well... your gonna be sorry."

"Why?"

"Cause your surrounded by... her friends. Duh. Aren't you smart?" I heard Kate say.

He paused and then realised the insult.

"Woah. You might want to chill hot shot. Or maybe hit the books. Find some smart comebacks." Frank said and wheeled me out the front entrance of the school leaving the bully open mouthed.

"Hey... I wasn't done verbally beating up the school's bully..." i whined and Frank laughed.

"Alice, You could've gotten punched. What was his problem anyways?" Halley said.

"History. I'll explain on the way to a good fast food place!" I said and licked my lips.

Frank was still dragging me to the van. I dug in my heels and that made him stop.

"shouldn't have done that..." Frank said.

"Wh-..." I didn't finish. I was swept off my feet and onto Franks shoulder.

"Hey! Put me down!! PUT ME DOWN!!!" I screamed. He laughed, opened the van door and threw me in. I landed on Gerard's lap.

"Hey!" he said. "I wanted Halley to be thrown on my... not Alice!" he complained. I grinned devilishly and stayed where I was.

"Move." Halley commanded but I wouldn't budge.

"OK. You asked for it." Gerard stated. He started tickling me and I started laughing really loudly.

"OK... OK... I... will... get ... off.... stop... tickling... me!!" I gasped out. He laughed. He stopped long enough for me to get off and then grabbed Halley.

"PDA!!!PDA!!!" I said as their lips met.

"Shut up Alice." Kate said and I slumped in my seat sulking the whole way.

"So whats up with the big ass meany bully?" Halley said prompting for my long story I promised.

I sat stonily in my seat not bothering to even say bite me.

"Come on Alice." Kate said and I just shook my head.

"I am sulking. Leave me alone." I said and turned to look out the window. I saw my spot underneath a tree and quickly opened the door and jumped out. Not the smartest idea with a moving van but nobody would miss me. They were all gazing into each other's eyes. Yes I know I have terrible friends but...

I landed on the concrete road and then ran to my thinking spot under the tree in a park. nobody was around so I could think. I hadn't shown anyone this spot before so it would probably take a while to find me. And if I skipped school it wouldn't really matter. No it wouldn't.

"My memories are vivid, wishing I could go back... I wonder what happened... I think I want to relive my past..." I started singing softly. I was making up the song as I went along and got louder and louder.

I finished and heard a clapping noise. I looked around quickly and surely of my surroundings. I saw a boy about my age. He had long dirty blonde hair and vivid green eyes. He was tall and muscular and had great teeth and a great smile.

"Who are you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
hows that for a second chapter. Pretty long I have to admit... but the writing is so small it won't seem so long...