Definition of Truth

Chapter 3

" My name is Caleb Markus. And you are?" He said.

"Alice. Alice Jackobson." I replied dumbfounded.

"That song was really good! What band is it by?" he asked me.

"Umm. I wrote it." I said. "Well... I kinda just made it up as I went along."

He smiled.

"Wow. Your good. Maybe you could join a band I am in the process of making. I have a drummer. I am the guitarist. We need a bass and a lead singer. You'd be perfect." he said.

"Wow. I dont know what to say." I said awestruck with his offer.

"Just take this card and call me. When you feel you can answer me." he said and grinned as he gave me a card.

"See ya around." he said and left without turning around.

Who was this guy? He acted like he knew who I was? Oh thats right! I hang out with the best band in the world. MCR.

The next thing I was on the ground.

"OWEY!!!!!! What the-" I managed to get out.

"Found you!" Frank said and kissed me on the lips.

I looked around and realized I wasn't at my tree anymore. I had been following this random dude when I didn't even know him!! Number one rule of my household broken for the first time. Never telling my parents that. I would be skinned alive for sure!

"You found me!" I gasped as he broke apart from me. He grinned like a child and I laughed managing to push him off of me.

"Why'd you leave? And how did you get out of the car without us noticing?" Kate said running up to me as I stood up and brushed myself off.

"What great friends you are without noticing me leaving the car. When I slammed the car door shut behind!" I said and glared at all of them in turn. "Plus I needed some time alone to think." I said not including the part of meeting such a strange guy.

"WHO WANTS CHEESEBURGERS!!!" I heard Bob call from the van. I quickly ran to get one so I would not be the center of attention. I hated being the center of attention but it would be nice if people noticed I left a room.

I quickly went nd found a spot underneath some shade. No one noticed. I fel sad but happy. I got my wish. I was unnoticed for the first time. But in a bad way. I was unnoticed by my friends.

I sighed and unwrapped my burger. Maybe if I go to the band and join. I would be a star. Noticed by all. Popular. And able to do what I love most.

Sing.