Definition of Truth

Chapter 22

"Alice. Tomorrow's the big day huh?" I heard someone behind me say. I turned around and found Gerard staring at me intently.

My eyes became slits and with venom in my voice I said " What do you want Gerard?"

"I dump one of your friends and we are forever enemies?" he asked surprised.

"Thats what friends are for. I even dumped Frank because of you." i said and turned around to walk away. I felt a hand on my wrist and was jerked back to face him. "What?"

"Frank has been crying every day now because you ended it. And now he is mad at me... not you. You guys need to get back together." he said and I just smirked.

"It is your fault. You dumped one of my best friends and left her to bleed. You know what? I think it was stupid of you to take a joke and turn it into something offensive. She jokes around with you all the time. Yet, this time you dump her for it? Battle of the Bands is not important and your the one who gave me the idea to start a band. So there. What do you have to say about that?"

"I'm scared. I used the joke as an excuse. I figured if I ended it now she wouldn't be as hurt... I am afraid I'll lose her... or hurt her more then I have already... and I don't want to take that chance... but I feel like my heart is broken and I don't know how to fix this damn mess that I created. I need to solve it. But I don't know how to fucking do it!!" his voice cracked and I softened.

"She loves you. And you hurt her more then you ever could by ending this. You need to tell her your sorry. But maybe, just maybe you should do something more then I'm sorry, please date me again. Gerard. I can't fix this problem. And I am not gonna fix the problem between me and Frank till yours is resolved. So fix it." i said and turned and left. I felt better but sad. I missed Frank... Battle of the Band is tomorrow. We got our song ready to go. We are ready.

***

We were getting ready on the stage. I looked around and smiled encouragingly.

"2 more minutes and then your up!" THe manager said and I shivered in antixcipation. This would be great and cool and good. The adreniline was pumping through me and I jumped up and down exctidedly.

"Ready?" A chorus of yes' greeted my ears. The announcer came up and got our band name. He took his microphone and stepped up in front of the curtains.

"Please welcome... The Bleeding Roses." A loud applause followed as the curtains rose. The drums started to play, then the bass and then the guitars. I waited a beat and started to sing with all the soul in my heart.

You look at me
I start to tremble at my knees
You say to me
I love you, I need you, baby can't you see?
but how cant I believe those words?
Why is it that your always in my mind?
Why can't your memory just go away?
Do you insist on checking up on me?
Cause its getting on my nerves...
I've moved on but...

People say hate is such a strong word
but so is love
yet people throw it away.
People say hate is sucha strong word
yet people throw it around
likes it worth nothing
like its worth nothing

You always tell me
words I wanna hear
But do you really think
you mean it my dear?
You've left me for others before...
I dont know if my heart can take much
more of this
You tell me you love me
You tell me you need me
but then you go away
guess you didn't mean it like you
did yesterday

People say hate is such a strong word
but so is love
yet people throw it away.
People say hate is sucha strong word
yet people throw it around
likes it worth nothing
like its worth nothing
People say hate is such a strong word
but so is love
yet people throw it away.
People say hate is sucha strong word
yet people throw it around
likes it worth nothing
like its worth nothing

You tell me what I wanna hear
Did you ever think about me at all my dear?

People say hate is such a strong word
but so is love
yet people throw it away.
People say hate is sucha strong word
yet people throw it around
likes it worth nothing
like its worth nothing
Like love is worth nothing.
I finished with a high c and was awarded applause and screams and yells.I looked back at my band members and they were all smiling crazily. I bowed with them and we exited the stage. We were the last to sing.

"Why hasn't MCR sung yet?" I asked confused.

"Cause, they dropped out. Frank wouldn't play." Kate answered and I just stared at her.

"And the winner of this years battle of the bands contest is..." I crossed my fingers.

"Bleeding Roses!" I heard a scream of applause and aI walked on stage with my band and we accepted the check and the trophy. I had tears in my eyes as we walked off the stage.

I saw Gerard there, talking to Halley. I saw them kiss and knew they had made up. I sighed and left the room. I left the building, walking home feeling alone but confused. What was left that had me feeling horrible?