‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 2

I reached for the doorbell but didn’t have the courage to push it. Re-treating my hand I thought ‘What was I doing? They don’t want me back, I’ve been gone for the past 4 years and I show up out of nowhere expecting to be welcomed with opened arms? Ugh I made I mistake coming back, I should of just stayed back in Chicago. I—‘ My thoughts were cut off when the front door flew open scaring me half to death. There standing in front of me was a girl I’ve never seen before. Why was she here in my parent’s house?

“I thought I heard someone, who are you?” She asked.

“Uh I could ask you the same.”

She gave me a weird look. “Why should I tell you who I am, you’re the one standing in front of my house for no apparent reason.”

She said what now? “What do you mean your house?”

“By my house I meant I live here!” She said. “Like I asked before, who are you?”

“I’m Annie Brock; this is my parent’s house.” I said removing the sunglasses from my face so I could get a better look at this girl.

She scoffed. “Yeah right; you think you’re Kennedy Brock’s sister? What do you think I am dumb? I’m Kennedy’s girlfriend and I’d know if he had a sister or not. Obviously he doesn’t so get lost.”

I looked at her dumbfounded. That bitch did not just say that. Who does she think she is saying that he doesn’t have a sister and that I was faking it? This girl obviously is dumb. What kind of girlfriend is she? I was ready to blow but someone came behind her and interpreted.

“Who’s at the door Angela?” the person started coming closed to us. I could tell by the figure it was a woman but I couldn’t make out who it was. But the voice sounded vaguely familiar.

“Just some girl who think she’s Kennedy’s sister.”

“Wait wh—“ She stopped in midsentence and pushed passes Angela. “A-Annie?

“Yeah i-is that you mom?” I asked.

“Yes! Sweetie I’ve missed you so much! When did you get here? Wait why didn’t you tell me you were coming back? Ugh forget that I’ve missed you so much!” she said pulling me into a hug.
Angela looked at us with shock. Dumb bitch need’s to get here facts straight before opening her mouth, I was going to need to talk to Kennedy about this one.

“Wha-what!?!?!”

“Oh yeah Angela this is my daughter Annie, Annie this is Kennedy’s girlfriend Angela. She’s been living with us for the past few months.”

“Uh yeah, I would say pleasure to meet you but…it really wasn’t so why lie?” I gave her a smile and walked into the house.

“Wow mom nothing’s changed here since I’d left have it?” I said looking around.

“No not really, same old same old.” She said taking a seat on the sofa. Angela still stood by the door shocked as ever. “Angel sweetie please close the door and on the way your mouth too.”
I couldn’t help but laugh, god I’ve missed my mom.

“So how’ve you been honey?”

“Great I got my nursing degree, it took some work but I got it!”

An immediate smile appeared on her face. “That’s great! I’m so proud of you! So how are you and Declan doing, where is that loving boy; I’ve missed him?”

“Great, he couldn’t come along with me because he had work. I gotta say I’ve fallen hard or him mom.”

“Awee love, you’ve finally been hit by cupid!” She said causing Angela and I to roll our eyes.

“God you’re so cheesy mom!”

“Cheesy but you love me! Annie I really missed you, the past 4 years without you has been really hard. What happened how come you lost contact with all of us, you never came to visit on holidays; not even a phone call.” She said starting to tear up.

“I-I’m sorry mom, I’ve just been really busy I guess I just got caught up with trying to balance college, work and a relationship. I’m really sorry, I never meant for this to happen. I promise I’ll make it up I’m here now right?”

“It’s okay sweetie as long as you’re happy and safe I’ll be fine. But you should really go talk to your brother though, he really misses you; along with the boys.”

“Yeah, is he home or on tour?”

“Actually he’s coming home from tour tonight but he has one last show here at home. Why don’t you go and watch them preform.”

“Sure I’d love to, I love you mommy!”

“I love you too honey. Never leave us again.” She said tearing up once again.

“I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Annie