‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 3

Playing with the tips of my fresh manicure, I waited for them to enter the stage. The lights went out and the front stage lights flashed on. One by one they walked onto the stage ready to preform; looking pumped as ever. They all took their positions on the stage; he walked up to the microphone and took a swing of his beer. Running his long skinny figures through his recently short brown hair, with lights hitting him perfectly at every angle; eye’s glowing brighter than ever. Taking a step closer to the mic he placed the cup carefully on the amp.
He took a good look at the crowd before speaking. “Hello everybody, we are The Maine and this song’s called ‘Right Girl’.”

“Got caught running up a tab
Couldn't drive home, so I had to share a cab
Introduced herself by her last name
The kind of girl you steal from the football team
Brought up, a sliver spoon mess
Always trying to tear off her catholic dress
Told me she's over this place
Needs to feel the Midwest wind in her face
But the alcohol made its way down
She was the last thing that I saw last night before I hit the ground.”

I placed the beer bottle from my hand onto the counter.

“Oh, God I did the wrong thing to the right girl
My mind was only in it for a minute
I had a bad fling with a good girl
I was stupid and dumb, not giving a… (Hey!)
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up, if I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl
It was your world baby and I just lived in it.”
I adjusted un-comfortably around on the chair.
“I've never been the best with my mouth
Try to say smart, but the dumb comes out
Maybe, I'm shy, I drive an old car,
Maybe, I'm amazed that it got this far
And I got my standbys waiting on the line
But the hardest part is knowing that it won't be her this time”

I tried to maneuver myself from the chair but was helpless.

“Oh, God I did the wrong thing to the right girl
My mind was only in it for a minute
I had a bad fling with the good girl
I was stupid and dumb, not giving a… (Hey!)
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up, if I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl
It was your world baby and I just lived in it

Once again grabbing the beer bottle I chugged it like it was nothing.

“Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back
“Please, please, Baby come back
Please, please, Baby come back”
She came back, thought she had it all planned out
Went to marry some guy she had talked about
A tear in her dress and a tear in her eye
Just like that her whole life flashed by
She won't remember what you said last night
That if you ever needed someone to pick up the pieces in your life."

I swallowed hard not able to take my eye's off him.

Oh, God I did the wrong thing to the right girl
My mind was only in it for a minute
I had a bad fling with the good girl
I was stupid and dumb, not giving a…(Hey!)
The blank stare out the window
If I could just sober up, if I could just admit
I did the wrong thing to the right girl
It was your world baby and I just lived in it
It was your world baby and I just lived in it
Ohhh, it was your world, ohh
It was your world and I just lived in it.”

Finally not able to stand it much long, I grabbed my bag and bolted out the doors.

Once outside I felt a sigh of relief. Taking in a deep breathe; I walked to back of the bar and sat down resting my back up against the cold concrete wall. I just sat there spacing out staring at the clear Arizona night sky. I heard the backdoor swing open, snapping out of my daze I looked up realizing I’d been sitting there for the past hour in the back of a bar.

Turning to my attention back to the back door I saw a guy walking about, I realized it was one them. Quietly I tired standing up and walking the opposite direction hoping he wouldn’t notice me. Let’s just say I wasn’t the best at sneaking away.

“Annie? Is that you?” I voice asked behind me.

Not wanting to turn and face the person knowing it would Jared I started to run.

“Wait! Stop! Stop running please!” Jared’s voice got closer and closer to me. Finally he caught up with me and grabbed my wrist causing me to turn and face him.

“Oh my god it really is you!” He said and pulled me into a hug.

“Yeah it’s me.” I said not able to look into his eyes

“W-What are you doing here, wait what are you doing here in Arizona?” He asked still hanging onto my wrist.

“Um I was on break and I decided onto coming back…to visit and all.”

“After 4 years you finally decided to visit?” I could tell by the tone of his voice he was getting aggravated.

My eye’s started to water. “I-I’m sorry Jared, I know I should of visited sooner but….I couldn’t. I couldn’t face you guys.”

“One simple phone call would have been enough but no you didn’t call at all!”

“I know but I didn’t have the guts to do so, I was afraid!” I said truthfully.

“Why? Why were you afraid?”

“I afraid of missing you guys too much. You know how clingy I am, you guys were the only friends I had. Me leaving ruined everything, keeping in contact would have just made me feel like I made a mistake leaving everything and everyone behind.”

He didn’t say anything, he just pulled me back into a hug and we stayed like that until I pulled away.

“Are you mad?”

“No, I could never be mad at you.” He said.

I gave him a weak smile.” I’m sorry Jared, I really am. You don’t know how bad I feel.”

“Don’t worry squirt, but you know… you’re going to have to face Kennedy and the rest of the guy’s right?”

“Y-Yeah I know, and thank you.”

“For what though?” He asked confused.

“For forgiving me, not hating me for what I’ve done.”

“You didn’t do anything wrong Annie, you just needed some time to adjust. It doesn’t matter anymore cause you’re here.”

“I’m still really sorry.”

He rolled his eyes. “Will ya stop saying that? There’s absolutely nothing to be sorry about okay?”

I nodded. “You’re the best Jare.”

“Yeah I know!” He said making weird hand motion’s with his hands. “I better get back the guys must be flipping right now.”

“Uh yeahh.”

He started to walk back to the venue but stopped mid-way and looked at me weird.

“What?” I scrunched my eye brows together.

He walked back to me and grabbed my wrist pulling me back towards the back door.

“You’re coming with me.” He said. “No I can’t Jared or at least not now. I’m not ready to face them.”

“Stop it Annie; face your fears for once, the longer you wait the worst the situation would get.” I didn’t have time to retaliate before being hauled in by a 6’3” ginger.

Making our way back into the venue walking up the stairs to the back lounge my heart started beating faster and faster with every step I took. Finally we turned a corner and entered the back stage. I saw 4 guys with their backs faced away from us watching Austin Gibb’s preform.

Garrett turned around and faced Jared. “Man where’ve you been? We’ve been looking all over for you!”

“You’ll never guess what I found, actually who I found”

Garrett looked confused, “What are you talking about m-“

Before Garrett could finish Jared pulled me out from behind him and Garrett’s eye’s shot open.

“Annie!?!?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta Da!

Annie

Just wrote a one shot story about Joel Kantiz from This Century, go check it out! Hopeful Romantic