‹ Prequel: "One of the Guys"
Status: Finished(Comment anyways) ;3

Listen to Your Heart

Chapter 6

My eyes fluttered opened, I looked around the room noticing I was in the hospital. I tried sitting up but my head was throbbing felt like a hangover from hell. I had an IV hooked to my arm, my skin looked completely pale. No longer did I have glowing tan skin, I was pale as a ghost.

That wasn’t the only thing I noticed, Kennedy sat in a recliner chair next to me, his head lying gently on my lap. Carefully I took hold of his hand and held it. I could never stay mad at him, he was my brother. I know whatever we’ve been through we’ll work it out, no matter what we were fighting about.

With our hands intertwined, I softly stroked his hand. He looked so peace while asleep, looking at him made me sad. I questioned us, we were so close before I left but now, it’s like a whole ocean standing between us. I wanted us back to what we used to be, for the Brock duo to be back together for once.

I stared off into space getting lost in my long train of thoughts. I heard a knock on the door, looking up I saw Jared leaning against the door frame. He walked in and took a seat on the other side of Kennedy. He didn’t say anything for a while, he was there staring at me.

“How are you feeling?” He asked truly worried.

“I would say good but, that wouldn’t make sense since I’m here.”

“The doctor told me why you pasted out, and that it wasn’t the first time.” He said. “You really need to look out for your health Annie.”

“Yeah whatever”

“I’m being serious; you scared the hell out of all of us. If John wasn’t out there earlier with you who knows what would had happened to you. Don’t over work yourself so much, you’re still young; slow down and enjoy life.”

“I-I know, it’s just the past 4 years has been really hard. I worked my ass of trying to graduate; I spent half the time buried in my text books while Declan’s off shooting some movie. Now that it’s over I guess I’m still stuck in that routine of working nonstop, I need something to occupy myself 24/7”

“Look; just take a break from everything. Take a vacation or something, because your habits right now aren’t good for you. I don’t want to see you again in the hospital again you hear me?”

I smiled. “Yeah I promise.”

“Okay now that’s set and done with, there’s something else we have to talk about.”

“And that would be?”

“You’re situation with Kennedy.”

“Oh”

I looked down at my sleeping brother. “He really loves you Annie, I heard everything he said to you earlier. But I know he doesn’t mean it, he’s just hurt. You leaving killed him he never really acted the same since you left. It killed him even more knowing you were avoiding him. He was afraid something had happened to you since you kept no contact with any of us. When he saw you earlier he snapped, but he was really happy to see you.”

I rolled my eyes. “He sure had a great way of showing it.”

Jared shook his head. “You don’t get it, he truly was happy to see you; it’s just that the anger and resentment came out before the happy joyful stuff. Just give him a chance okay? He really loves you, if he didn’t he wouldn’t be here right now.”

I nodded my head slowly. “Yeah I guess, I’ll talk to him later about it. Thanks Jar.”

His eye brows furrowed together. “Your saying thanks because?”

“I’m thanking you because you always know what to say and do. You’re like another brother to me; I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

“Well, yeah I am that great.” He laughed. “Come here Annie-kins; give me a hug.”

Letting go of Kennedy’s hand, I pulled Jared into a hug. Kennedy started to stir from next to me.
“Talk to him…now.” Jared said before leaving the room.

Kennedy lifted his head of my lap rubbing the back of his neck.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” He said barely in a whisper.

“Okay I guess.”

We sat there in awkward silence for a while, he started to get up from the chair and head to the door.
“Hey Kenny?” He turned and faced me.

“Um yeah?”

“We need to talk.”

He walked back and took a seat on the bed.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry, for not talking to you or the guys for the past how many years. It’s just been really hard on me trying to get myself together. I couldn’t pull myself to talk to any of you guys, mainly you. After a while I got too caught up in school and work that I just forgot about it. Every time Declan ever brought it up I’d avoid it. I regret not trying though, and I’m really sorry about slapping you earlier, that was completely out of line.”

He sat there looking at his hands not saying anything to me, making me really nervous.
Finally he looked up at me. “No, I’m sorry. I was really harsh saying things I didn’t mean. I wished you would have talked to me while you were in Chicago though. It just get weird without you here, no nagging little sister bossing me around, hogging the bathroom, stealing my car, and no one to look after. I really missed you Annie.”

I pulled him to hug letting my tears slide down my face. “I missed you too; can we forget all this please? Go back to how things use to be? I promise I’ll boss you around more, hog the bathroom, take your car out and about but not make you watch over me.”

“Deal”

“And I’m really sorry Annie; I regret everything I said earlier to you.”

“I do too, but I did mean it when I said your girlfriends was a bitch.” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved Jared in this chapter! Finally Annie and Kennedy made up. John's coming in soon. :) Comment and subscribe please?
Ladada might see The Maine on June 2nd!!!!!! Ahhhh!