Wild Things.

Realizations.

Carlisle watched as Alice moved about the house making preparations for the welcoming party that she had decided to host for Cadenza and her younger cousin. Carlisle grabbed a pack of lights and walked outside to string them along the trees like Alice had asked him to ten minutes ago.

Carlisle walked outside at a normal speed trying to gather his thoughts on what had happened yesterday morning with Cadenza. He hadn’t had a rational thought when he was in her presence. Not only should he have left as soon as he provided her with the coffee and Advil but he should have never done it.

Staying in that room with her had proved troublesome, especially when he had began to help her button her shirt. The skin on her stomach had been so warm and soft. For a moment he had allowed himself to think what it would be like to have her under him. To be able to explore the extremity of her warmth in his bed.

Carlisle shook his head trying to rid himself of the thoughts about his singer…no Cadenza. He would become immune to the scent of her blood just like every other human he came into contact with. Carlisle looked at the lights that were woven in and out of the trees. Satisfied he sighed as he thought about whom he was doing this for, Cadenza.

As they progressed getting everything ready, Carlisle spent the time also thinking that he would not allow Cadenza to get under his skin tonight. Carlisle was sitting down talking with Emmett when they arrived. He had watched Leah leave to get a drink followed by Embry. Carlisle tried to pay attention to what he and Emmett had been talking about but he was finding himself listening to Cadenza’s and her cousins conversation.

“There he is,” Carlisle heard Cadenza stated to her cousin.

“That’s him?” Carlisle smiled as he heard the surprise in the younger ones voice. Just what had Cadenza been saying about him, he wondered as he heard her mumble a ‘yeah’ to her cousin as Carlisle answered a question that Emmett had just asked him.

“Never mind what I said, you’ll be the one with a hip broken.” This made Carlisle even more curious as Emmett continued to talk as Edward joined in on the conversation. “Try not to leave this house in a wheel chair.” Carlisle couldn’t help himself as he looked across the room at the two with a smile on his features.

“Fermarlo!” Carlisle couldn’t help but find her embarrassment cute in a way as he continued to look at the two. Carlisle sighed as he looked away and turned his attention back to the conversation as Cadenza’s cousin said that she should come over and talk with him. He had already involved himself with her and she hadn’t even been here more than ten minutes. How was he supposed to get through the next two hours without trying to concern himself with the human?

“Carlisle, it’s alright for you to be her friend.” Edward stated lowly as Carlisle looked up at him. He had not been careful in guarding his thoughts regarding Cadenza. “Or something else from what she is thinking.” Edward stated as Emmett looked over at the woman who was now surrounded by shifters and a girl he’d never met before.

“What’s she thinking Edward?” Emmett chuckled having caught the meaning in what Edward had said.

“Don’t worry about it Emmett, it’s nothing.” Edward said as Emmett groaned with a laugh as Edward looked over at Cadenza who was yelling at Leah in Italian.

“Jack! Tell me what she just said!” Leah stated as Jack couldn’t stop herself from laughing.

“What is going on over here?” Alice asked walking into the small group. Alice looked at Jack who was wiping her eyes from the tears that were coming out from laughing so hard.

“Nothing, is going on, now tell me what you just called me!” Leah stated as they laughed once more and Leah glared at Enza. “Bitch.” Leah muttered as she stuck out her tongue causing them to only keep laughing.

“Hey it’s just like what you’ve been doing to me.” Enza stated as she stopped laughing.

“Whatever hooker, you play dirty anyways!” Leah stated as Enza rolled her eyes.

“You haven’t seen just how dirty I can play Leah.” Enza stated as she winked at her with a laugh as Leah also started laughing.

“Look at that, loose already and I haven’t even had to spike your water!” Leah stated as Enza looked at her cup then back at Leah.

“This isn’t water, it Vodka.” Enza stated as Leah looked at her wide eyed.

“You lie, you’ve been holding out on me!” Leah stated as Enza started laughing again as she shook her head.

“I am kidding it’s water, calmate le vostre tette.” Enza stated as Jack laughed once more.

“She told you to calm your tits!” Jack stated as Embry joined in the laughter. “Are you sure it’s not Vodka Enza? Cause you are only this much fun after you’ve had some alcohol in your system!” Jack stated as Enza sucked her teeth making a noise as her mouth was hanging open, closing her mouth after a few seconds she hit Jack playfully on the shoulder.

“I can be fun senza alcol!” Enza stated as she looked over in the direction of Carlisle. Maybe it was because of him. She seemed to find out that anytime she was near him he just made her feel this certain way. Enza took in a deep breath, she needed to get a hold of herself.

“You guys are too crazy over here.” Bella stated as she joined the group followed by Jacob who was holding Renesmee.

“What’s all the laughing going on over here, we want to be a part of it.” Jacob stated as Renesmee smiled at her.

“I am going to be in your class!” Renesmee stated excitedly as Enza smiled over at the little girl happily.

“I didn’t know that you went to Port Angeles Elementary school that is so amazing, now I will get to see your bright smiling face every day!” Enza stated as Renesmee gave her a big smile.

“It will be so exciting, I want to start school tomorrow!” Renesmee stated with a squeal of excitement.

“No, please no! I do not want to start school yet!” Jack stated as Renesmee giggled.

“But school is so fun.” She said as Jack shook her head.

“Says the third grader!” Jack stated as everyone laughed again.

“I am getting a little warm, I think I am going to step outside for a moment.” Enza stated as she walked over to refill her cup of water.

“I think you are trying to find a wheel chair to leave in!” Jack called out as Enza looked back at her with wide eyes and probably very red cheeks.

“Zitto Jack!” Enza called back as Leah, Jack and Embry laughed at her embarrassment as everyone looked at her not quite understanding the wheelchair reference. “I am going to hurt you when we get home!” Enza stated as she walked out on the balcony that was dimly lit with hanging lights.

“Really?” Rosalie stated as Enza closed the door.

“Uh, oh, il mio male, I was just coming out for some fresh air, it’s rather warm inside.” Enza stated as she set her cup on the banister and leaned against looking up at the star lit sky. She heard Rosalie move back towards the door and Enza thought it was now or never. “You don’t like me very much do you?” Rosalie stopped as she turned back to Enza who now had her eyes closed and was exhaling a breath.

“Why would you ask that?” Rosalie questioned as she leaned against the side of the house. Rosalie watched as Enza grabbed her cup and took a long drink of it before speaking.

“Anytime I am here you seem to go out of your way to be rude to me or just avoid me like I am the plague or something.” Enza stated as Rosalie opened her mouth to say something but Enza shook her head indicating she wasn’t done yet. “But I can just feel that you’re not that type of person, I am not sure why but I know that you are kind person, but why am I the exception to that kindness?” Enza asked as Rosalie blinked looking at her.

This was a lot different than when dealing with Bella. Edward had been in love with her, but Carlisle clearly stated that he had no intention to be with her, that he would not put the family through something like what they had gone through with Bella. So why was she continuing to be outright rude to the woman? It’s not like she wasn’t a fun person, because from what she had heard from Bella and Alice, Cadenza De Luca was her kind of party girl.

“I’m protective of my family.” Rosalie finally stated as Enza nodded understanding.

“I am not going to tear that family apart Rosalie, I am an Italian, I know family values better than probably anyone, just ask Jack or my step brothers or any other person in my family.” Enza stated as Rosalie nodded understanding.

“I am not going to apologize if that is what you are looking for.” Rosalie stated as Enza laughed.

“Rosalie if I was looking for an apology I would have asked for one. I just wanted to understand why I seemed to be the exception.”

I am just very protective when it comes to my family.” Rosalie stated as she just walked inside. Enza blinked thinking about how she could understand that. Turning around Enza leaned on the banister looking out the yard that was lit by hanging lights.

Alice had really done a wonderful job with the welcoming party and Enza was very happy to have been here. Taking a drink of her water Enza thought more about what Rosalie said. Why did Rosalie see her as a threat? It’s not like she was some serial killer or psychopath.

“I didn’t expect you to be one to stray from a party.” Enza didn’t say anything but looked to her left as Carlisle stood beside her looking out into the yard. “Seemed like you were having fun.” Carlisle stated as Enza looked away from him.

“I was, I still am…I was just over heated, stepped out for some fresh air.” Enza stated as she finished the rest of her water. “Tell me about Esme.” Enza found herself saying as Carlisle looked at Enza’s profile. Feeling him looking at her Enza looked to her left and at him. “Was that rude? That was rude wasn’t it? I am sorry…I just wanted to know about her because I have heard her mentioned a few times when I am out with the girls.”

“I saved her life, that’s how we met.” Carlisle stated as he looked up at the starry sky. “She had driven off a cliff over the despair of losing her unborn child.” Carlisle stated as he remembered it as if it were yesterday. “I nursed her back to health, then in time we married, but she couldn’t have kids so we adopted. After a few years, she fell in love with another and I let her go.” Carlisle stated as Enza chuckled making him look at her.

“I think that is the shortest story I have ever heard…I don’t think that I could even sum up Damian’s and my love affair together that quickly.” Enza smiled as Carlisle continued to look at her.

“Was Damian your husband?” Carlisle asked as she sighed slowly.

“I think that maybe he could have been, had I stayed” Enza answered truthfully. She knew that somewhere in the back of her mind had her Zia not had died she would have never walked in on Damian and that woman, she would have never found out and they would still be a happy couple. They had talked about a married life a few times, but she had told Damian she wanted to wait until after her mother’s marriage to discuss the matter further.

“What do you mean?” Carlisle found himself asking as she looked into Carlisle’s eyes briefly before looking away again.

“I wished he could’ve change, and he did somewhat for me over time. I guess I wished that his goods outweighed his bads, yah know? I knew who Damian was, maybe not fully in the beginning, but he told me eventually. And being the loan shark, bookie or whatever that he is I still love him.” Enza sighed as she thought about Damian. “I honestly think that if I would have stayed in Vegas I would have forgiven him just like I had in the past when he would do something wrong. Yes, I would be angry for a few weeks then he would come find me or beckon me with the sweetest most romantic gestures and I would forgive him…” Enza looked at Carlisle. “I am sorry, I’m rambling, I really should return inside.” Enza stated absently as she bid Carlisle a bye and walked back inside with a smile on her face.

Carlisle watched her as she walked in and yelled at Leah immediately for something he hadn’t heard her say. It was really eye opening to learn what he had just learned from Cadenza, it seemed that she was still in love with this Damian person who ever he was. It was funny actually, he had been worried slightly about his singer falling him like Bella fell for Edward but it seemed he didn’t have to worry about that. She was still in love with her last boyfriend that she had dumped.

“Seems like you have nothing to worry about after all.” Carlisle looked at Edward who was leaning against the closed balcony door.

“I feel like you are enjoying this Edward.” Carlisle stated as Edward pushed his body off the door with a smile as he walked over to where Carlisle was.

“Esme is happy, why shouldn’t you be?” Edward questioned as Carlisle looked at him.

“Esme is happy with a vampire.”

“Bella was human.” Edward stated as Carlisle seemed a bit taken aback by the statement that had just come from his son’s mouth.

“This is different.” Carlisle stated as Edward shrugged his shoulders.

“I know what Alice saw in the beginning, and I tried so hard to fight it. Look where that had ended up…the Volturi became involved in more than one instance and my fighting it almost got us killed.” Edward stated as Carlisle took in a breath of air.

“Alice has not told me anything about that woman being with my mate.” Carlisle stated as Edward turned and looked back into the house where he seen Cadenza and Jacqueline laughing while Seth looked almost mortified.

“Look inside the house Carlisle, she is surrounded by shifters, the ones who block out her visions. I know what she had seen about Cadenza but it is not my place to tell, just know that, it become so much more complicated when you fight it.” Edward stated as he started to walk back towards the door.

“What happened with, ‘I don’t have anything to worry about?’” Carlisle asked with a smile as Edward let out a sharp breath with a smirk on his features as he looked back at his father.

“With her falling in love with you, but I never said anything about you falling for her.” Edward stated as he reached for the door handle. “Besides, the only thing you have to worry about Cadenza for is being in lust with you.” Edward stated as he entered back into the house leaving Carlisle out on the balcony.

“I swear I am going to kill you Jacqueline!” Enza stated as she stepped behind Alice who was laughing at what Jack had clued her in on.

“It wasn’t on purpose! It was mainly Leah’s fault anyways and Embry’s!” Jack stated as Embry shook his head.

“No, no, no, don’t try and blame that on me! I didn’t say a word!” Embry stated Enza looked over at Leah who was talking with Jacob and Quil who were monitoring Claire and Renesmee as they played together.

“Si trovano Jacqueline, questo è solo così imbarazzante! Come hai potuto?” Enza groaned mortified as Alice put a hand on her shoulder with a smile still on her face.

“Don’t worry about it, I sort of made her tell me, I wanted to know what the wheel chair joke was about.” Alice stated as Enza shook her head.

“I am so just going to have to call Peter!” Enza stated as Leah laughed.

“No way! You can’t now! He’s too young for your taste!” Jack stated as Enza’s mouth dropped open in surprise. Jack looked at her laughing before she placed her cup down and ran towards the back door. Enza watched her for a moment before a smiled appeared on her features and she began to chase her.

Running down the balcony stairs Jack laughed as Enza followed her pursuit. Enza stopped on the top of the balcony and looked at Carlisle with a smile as she slipped off the heels she’d been wearing. Running down the stairs after Jack she laughed as she tried to catch her cousin.

“Vado a prenderti!” Enza shouted with a laugh as Jack looked over her shoulder as she ran in wide circles in the yard.

“You are not going to get me! I am younger and faster!” Jack laughed as Enza just continued to chase her yelling things in Italian.

“Are they always like this?” Jasper asked Leah as they all stood on the balcony watching the two act like children.

“I would love to say no, but yes they are.” Leah stated with a smile as Jasper looked fondly out in the yard and was just overwhelmed with joy and happiness that illuminated from them.

“They are like just like children.” Edward stated as he and Bella watched them slightly laughing. Renesmee jumped up to try and see over the banister that was in front of her eyes.

“I want to play tag! Claire come, let’s go join!” Renesmee stated as she ran down the stairs yelling that she and Claire were joining in. Carlisle watched as Cadenza stopped chasing just Jack and began to run after the two little girls as well. She was really unlike someone he’d ever met before and the more he tried not to think about her he found his thoughts going directly towards her.

“I’m going to join in!” Seth stated as he launched his body over the balcony and landed on the semi wet grass on all fours. All the Cullen’s and Jacob’s pack watched as they ran around laughing and tagging each other.

“Hell, I think I’m going to join.” Emmett stated as Rosalie gave him a kiss.

“Go get ‘em monkey man.” Rosalie stated with a smile as Emmett followed what Seth had just done moments ago. Leah looked at Alice as they shook their heads with smiles.

“Leave it to Enza and Jack to start a game of tag.” Leah stated as she just leaned over the banister and watched the six run around the wet yard. The six soon became nine as Embry, Jacob, and Quil joined in. Enza was running from Seth who was currently the chaser. Before Enza could even register what was happening she found herself slipping in mud and sliding a few feet across the yard.

“Safe!” Jack called moving her arms like an umpire as Enza stood up looking at her cousin with a huge smile.

“I would hope so! I just ruined my favorite pair of jeans!” Enza stated as she looked down at muddy covered body.

“Well stay away from me!” Jack stated as she looked at her trying to contain her laughter.

“Cadenza come upstairs, I can give you some different clothes to change into.” Alice stated as Enza looked up on the balcony to see everyone looking down on them with amused expressions.

“I am fine, it’s just a little mud.” Enza stated as Emmett put an arm around her shouldered bringing her into his side.

“This is my kind of girl! Not afraid to get down and dirty.” Emmett laughed as did Enza.

“Cadenza please come get changed.” Alice stated as Enza looked up at her. “You’ll catch a cold, besides it about to start raining again.” Alice stated as Enza looked up at the sky only to feel a rain drop hit her on the cheek.

“My goodness Alice, you are worse than my mamma.” Enza stated with a laughed Jack and others followed Emmett and Enza up the stairs to go back inside to stay dry from the rain.

“Actually, Aunt Maribel would have told you to stay outside until the rain washed you off.” Jack stated as Enza stopped to pick up her shoes but didn’t see them.

“You’re right with that one, I thinks that’s why I have such a strong immune system now, because mamma let me get every cold and flu in the book.” Enza laughed as Jack agreed with her. Enza looked around for where she would have left her shoes when she chased after Jack earlier.

“Looking for these?” Carlisle asked as he held out her heels to her.

“Oh, they are definitely your color Carlisle, they match your outfit and everything.” Enza smiled at him as she took her shoes from his hands and walked inside to get out of the rain.

“Cadenza upstairs, you are not going to be walking around in this house with muddy clothes.” Alice stated as Enza and everyone else laughed.

“I’m not muddy, this is how I came here.” Enza stated with a smirk as she looked at Renesmee. “Isn’t that right Renesmee?” Enza asked as she winked at the child.

“Yep, Aunt Alice must be sick in the head.” Renesmee stated with a giggle as Enza walked towards the stairs following Alice.

“You really didn’t have to do this.” Enza stated as she stood in Alice’s room in her bra and panties with a towel as she wiped down her muddy neck and face.

“Oh please, it gives me a reason to go shopping, don’t worry about it.” Alice stated as she handed her an off white button up and dark wash jeans.

“Alice, I am taller than you.” Enza pointed out as Alice gave her a small glare with a smile.

“I know that, they are a pair of Bella’s jeans.” Alice lied, she had seen this in a vision earlier that week and knew to have some clothes her size available.

“Thanks,” Enza stated as she slipped into the jeans then put on the shirt and started buttoning it. “And thanks for throwing this lovely welcoming party, it was wonderful.” Enza stated as she finished leaving two buttons undone.

“You’re welcome, it was my pleasure, I just love throwing parties and any other sorts of events,” Alice stated as Enza smiled. “So…what is this about your liking my father?” Alice stated as Enza’s smiled faltered slightly with a sigh.

“It’s not that I like him, it’s well,” Enza felt herself warm with embarrassment. “He is a very good looking man that just happens to make my hormones go a little wild when I am around him.” Enza stated as Alice chuckled.

“Don’t feel weird just because he is my father, it’s not like he birthed me, he just adopted me into his family. So seriously don’t feel weird about it, we can always use another person in the family.” Alice stated as Enza looked at her.

“Oh, no, I don’t feel that way about Carlisle, I just have sexual thoughts about him…a lot.” Enza clarified as Alice laughed at the seriousness in Enza’s voice.

“Why is it that you were embarrassed to talk about it a minute ago but now you’re not when I talk about love?” Alice asked still laughing slightly as Enza shrugged her shoulders.

“Because l'amore e la lussuria are two very different things, I am just attracted to Carlisle in a sexual way, not a loving way. And I just happen to be a persona molto sessuale. That is just something I can’t help.” Enza smiled with a wink at Alice as she shook her head still laughing.

“Yeah, love and lust are two very different things that are very often confused with one another.” Alice stated as they left her room and began their way back downstairs to join the rest of the party.

“Ah, looking way classier now that Alice has dressed you.” Leah stated as Enza walked up next to her and hit her upside the back of the head.

“Ho sempre un aspetto elegante!” Enza stated as Leah rubbed the back of her head while glaring at Enza.

“Dang it woman, why are you always so volatile?” Leah stated as Enza smiled at her.

“I’ve told you before, you seem to bring out the worst in me.” Enza stated as she found her gaze landing on Carlisle as he held his granddaughter while talking with Bella and Jacob. As she looked at him he soon caught her gaze as well. Enza didn’t break it as she thought a moment, it was definitely just a physical attraction, it had to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what makes you sexy? Providing feedback. ;)

Comment & Subscribe

Image