The Bucket List

Noah and Allie.

The day after the kiss Grace didn’t know what to do, she didn’t regret her decision but she didn’t know if that one simple kiss had now changed the foundations of their friendship.

She wanted him to make the first move, to let her know that nothing had changed instead of her reaching out and end up doing something she may regret.

And to be honest it’s not like she had sex with him, crawling disheveled out of the white sheets, make up smeared across her face before stumbling home. It was just a kiss. An innocent, sweet kiss.

She shook her head as she continued to push the cart around the super market, picking up random items and throwing them in before rethinking her decision and placing the item back on the shelf.

She didn’t want to allow herself to think these thoughts, not wanting to over think the situation and add one and one together and get seven.

She sighed, abandoning her cart in the middle of an aisle, her head not concentrating long enough to allow her to complete the job, before turning on her heel and exiting the store, a hand running through her hair in frustration.

Grace climbed into her car, throwing her bag into the back seat, fiddling with the radio before resting her elbows on the wheel, her head in her hands unsure of where to go from here.

She didn’t regret the kiss, but that didn’t mean she loved him, but that also didn’t mean she hated it, she just didn’t know what everything meant anymore.

Did Garrett like her? Is that why he offered to help her with the list, agreed to keeping all this a secret? Or did he feel sorry for her? Was he unsure of how to react about her and was just waiting for this summer to be over?

The question wouldn’t stop swimming around her head, clouding her vision and making it impossible for her to think straight. A slight tap on her window made her jump, her heart thumping in her chest.

She sighed in relief, one hand over her chest to try and steady her breathing as she rolled down her window, smiling widely at the girl facing her.

“Hey Faith, what’s up?” Grace asked, turning to the girl who just shrugged smiling widely at the other girl who just began babbling on.

“Nothing much, I’ve been kicked out my house since Sam’s got his fiancé over planning their wedding. Yawn. And then Jake and Ben decided to see how many douche bag pig-headed boy’s they could cram into the house, and Nate’s took Morgan to camp so I don’t even have them two to bail me out and Jared is off on some family trip so he pretty much abandoned me!” she finished with a sigh, rolling her eyes as she grumbled about having to live in a house full of boy’s. Grace just chuckled, kind of understanding what I was like but instead of having five brothers’s she just had the one.

“What you doing anyway, I thought you’d be hanging with Garrett? According to Piper you two are joined to the hip” Faith chuckled, pushing her glasses further up her nose as Grace just shrugged trying not to blush.

“We’re not always together, he’s just a good friend, and I could say you and Piper are attached to the hip why aren’t you out bugging her?” Grace asked as Faith childishly stuck her tongue out at her before even retorting.

“She’s on another date with some college guy, silly bitch told me we could hang out and then goes and ditches me as soon as a cock-lollipop comes along” Faith explained, leaning onto the car as she talked, Grace cringed at Faith’s choices of words.

“God Fay, do you always have to be so vulgar?!” Grace questioned as Faith just laughed at how innocent this girl was.

“Anyway Miss Purity, want to hang out? I’m so bored!” Faith whined, dragging out the O’s before pulling off her glasses and pouting batting her big puppy dog eyes.

“Fine, I got nothing else to do but I only accept clean mouths in my car” Grace finished with a shrug, turning to wind up her window as Faith ran around the front of the car, pulling open the passenger down before climbing in.

“Thank you Princess Whore Pants” Faith giggled sweetly as Grace didn’t even bother chastising her, simply choosing to pull out the car park and to head down the road.

They continued to drive, Faith chirping happily about her life for the past few days, Grace nodding and hmming and ahhing in the correct place’s before pulling up at the place Faith requested.

“Thank god, I’ve been dying for a caramel macchiato with an espresso shot, extra whipped cream, caramel sauce and sprinkles and those awesome caramel waffles they have, you ever had one? No? You really should when you bite into them it’s like your mouth’s having sex. I know, I know, do I have to be so vulgar? The answer’s no but I like to see how many times a day I can make you get all flustered, so far I’m on seven and it’s only been a little car ride” Faith droned on, hopping out the car and pulling Grace along behind her and into the Starbucks, immediately jumping into the cue, her view on how the caramel waffles taste causing people around her to give her a disgusted look, which she retaliated with by sending them a wink.

“Anyway, I was wondering if we could talk, you know, seriously?” Faith began slowly, biting her lip as they reached the front of the cue, Faith placing the order before paying the barista turning to Grace.

“Of course Faith, erm can I have your biggest mocha, please?” Grace asked the young boy, as he nodded, ringing it through the till before she handed him the money, thanking him before moving down to the next station, Faith rolled her eyes mumbling if Grace always had to be a goodie.

They collected the drinks before scanning the place looking for some empty seats; Faith grabbed Grace’s hand, tugging her across the shop nearly causing her to spill her drink in the process as they slid into the last empty table receiving glares from the young couple who had been trying to get it first.

“You snooze you lose, bro’s” Faith called, wiggling her fingers at the glaring girl who muttered about Arizona being full of scene kid sluts.

“So I know we’ve not been friends long, but I feel like we’re really close and I don’t really want to talk to Piper about this because I know exactly what she will say. You’re nice and honest Gray so I know you will tell me the truth instead of giving me some bullshit answer” Faith babbled, not pausing for breath as she seemed to get more frustrated and anxious by the minute.

Grace didn’t bother to stop her, instead taking delicate sips of her drink waiting until Faith got to her point, and discussed what she needed to.

“So anyway, please don’t think badly about me it’s just I love Jared and everything, I love him so much that words can’t describe it, but I just don’t know, it just doesn’t feel like it’s going anywhere but I’m scared that if I say something and end it, I’ll lose like ‘the one’ and I don’t want to balls up fate and everything” Faith continued, a hand running through her hair messing up her perfect hairstyle,

“I really do love him and I would never want to hurt him, but i don’t want to settle, I want the type of love that when your away from them even for a minute it feels like your heart’s ripped out of your chest and a minute seems like an hour, the type that when you see them or think about them a smile burst’s onto your face and you can’t even fight it off, and spending time with them is the best time of your life. I WANT THE TYPE OF LOVE THAT NOAH AND ALLIE HAVE ON THE NOTEBOOK AND I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO” she finished, breaking down on the last sentence, tear’s dropping out of her bright blue doe eyes.

“Faith, I honestly don’t know what to say” Grace began, kind of startled at the information that she had just found out. “Honestly I think you and Jared are perfect together, just like I think Bailey and John belong together” she paused, licking her lips slightly as she tried to think of what exactly to say.

“To be honest I don’t want to tell you what to do because ultimately it your life and your decision and I don’t want to tell you to do something and for you to then regret” She stopped to take a sip of her drink, letting the warm liquid run down her throat and warm her body up.

“Do what you thinks best Fay but my advice would be for you and Jared to sit down and like talk about it, for you to tell him everything that is running through your head and what you’re worried about and then Jared can give you his side and his thought’s and maybe then decide if you want to break up or maybe you guys can fix thing’s because I can tell by the way Jared look’s at you and how he act’s around you that you’re the only girl he’s thinking about and looking at” Grace finished, feeling uncomfortable about being asked to meddle in someone else’s love life.

Faith seemed to accept this answer, dropping the subject completely and moving on to happier topics such as when her and Piper where going on holiday in a couple of weeks they finished the drinks quickly, standing up to leave the building as Grace carefully slipped her now empty mug into her bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry about this if you have subscribed but apparently some chapters have got lost.