The Bucket List

04:22 Drive

Grace rolled over in her bed, the bright green numbers eliminating “04:22 am” into the pitch black room. She let out one more sigh before climbing out of bed stretching slightly as she pulled on a pair of jeans, straightening her brother’s old baseball jersey before heading out the door.

She continued downstairs not even bothering to be quiet about it as she knew from past experiences that Bailey was practically was dead when she was asleep.

Once she sat in her car she knew where to go, she didn’t bother thinking about the directions instead letting her feet act as her mind wandered with the music.

Her fingers flew over her keyboard as she typed out the short sentence before letting the car sit in idle, shutting her eyes as she sang softly along with the music.

A tap on the window startled Grace before she smiled at them, motioning for them to get in the car. As soon as Garrett had got settled in the passenger seat he began fiddling with the radio, flicking from station to station before putting in a CD before relaxing back and turning to her.

“Happy?” She questioned with a giggle, as he nodded with a wide smile, she simply shrugged before putting the car in gear and pulling away.

“Why did you wake me up at 4:48 in the morning?”Garrett whined pouting at the girl who just giggled, keeping her eyes on the road.

“I couldn’t sleep” she replied innocently, indicating to turn as Garrett leant back in his seat, shutting his eyes as he relaxed against the head rest.

Grace continued to drive not even bothering to start conversation with Garrett instead allowing him to nap as she tried to find a nice place for them to stop.

She stopped at a McDonald’s drive thru whispering her order to the bored teenage girl at window 1 in order to not wake Garrett. Five minutes or so later she had her order and was parked up poking Garrett awake.

“Not again” he whined, batting her hand away half heartedly as he tried to roll over and get comfortable. Grace sighed reaching up to give his ear a firm tug causing him to jump up with a yelp.

“What the hell” he shrieked, rubbing his ear with a glare as Grace just grinned holding out a coffee to him as well as a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. “I guess you’re forgiven” he smirked quickly unwrapping his breakfast as Grace took her seat belt off before cutting off a piece of pancake, sighing with happiness.

“What are we doing here?” Garrett asked with a yawn, scrunching up his McMuffin wrapper and shoving it in the take out bag, Grace shrugged taking the last bite of her pancake.

“Shush” she hissed, placing a finger over his mouth while the other hand pointed out the window. Lilac, amethyst, apricot and rose pink, there were so many different shades shed across the sky as the sun rose, bathing the world in its multicolour light.

They sat there in silence; Grace pulled her legs to her chest, resting her knees against the steering wheel as she wrapped her arms around them, lowering her chin to rest on top of her knee caps.

“Can you believe summers nearly over?” Grace breathed as she continued to stare out the windshield her eyes hypnotized by the sunset painting itself in front of her.

“Soon you will be off on your tour, Pipe and Fay will be off to Magaluf and I will be on my way home” she added, one hand moving to lift up her cup of coke, the cold liquid sliding down her throat.

“I wouldn’t exactly call it a tour” he mumbled as Grace just smirked, rolling her eyes as she turned at look at him.

“Don’t beat yourself down Gar, this is the start of many! Everyone will love your band you are really good and it’s what you love, you deserve to succeed” she finished with a shrug, turning to look at him with a huge smile on her face.

“Do you really think so Gray” He asked as she turned in her seat to face him, she just smiled leaning across the consol to take his hand in hers.

“I have faith in you Garrett Daniel Nickelsen” She replied simply, giving his hand a squeeze as he leaned across to kiss her cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit, im sorry guys i thought i posted this!