Passed Out on Your Lawn

Sickest Sixteenth: Part two

“So when do you wanna head off?” Ronnie questioned looking down at me.

“Uh as soon as my mom is satisfied I guess,” I shrugged shyly

After a couple hours my Mom nodded us off. She didn’t know we were camping, she didn’t ask exactly what we’d planned surprisingly but gave us another cake to take on our travels.

Because we definitely weren’t going to get away with seven in a small car the boys went up first and set up then Ronnie came back for Shelly, Vanessa and I. They blindfolded me when we got out of the car and took me on a walk.

“That on earth are you doing?” I kept asking.

“We’re here now, you can look,” Vanessa finally took off the bandana from my eyes and I was amazed yet again to see what they’d done.

They’d dressed our surroundings up like a horror movie. Blood splattered on everything, random severed limbs, pentagrams and those little stick men from The Blair Witch Project that creeped me the fuck out.

Happy Sick Sixteenth!” everyone shouted to me.

“I love you guys!” I gasped.

These people were seriously awesome needless to say.

“What cocktail do you want first?” Bryan asked and I noticed him sit down in the doorway of one of the tents with several different bottles lined up in front of him.

“Whatever you wanna make, make it up,” I beamed.

“Alright lets get this party started for real!” Shelly pressed play on a portable CD player which music began blasting from.

An hour or so into our shindig I observed how quiet Max was and shuffled over to him.

“Hey, you ok?” I asked.

“Yeah fine,” he smiled tightly.

“Max,” I grabbed his wrist and tugged away from the group, “talk to me,” I sighed as we walked away.

“Its fine. It’s just been a long day,” he shrugged.

“Max…” once we were a safe distance I stopped, “I hope this has nothing to do with Ronnie.” I was terrified to sound big headed but I also didn’t want to upset him with stupidity.

“No, its fine,” he averted my gaze, “if you wanna date Ronnie that’s your choice.”

“I’m not dating him!” I defended, dying to confess everything.

“No really it is fine,” he couldn’t lie to save his life and tried to walk away.

“Listen to me,” I pleaded and grabbed his hand to try and stop him leaving, “if you’d been here non of this would have happened.”

“Its my fault that you’re dating him? What?” he stared at me.

“We had one date if it can even be called that! You don’t understand. You don’t understand what its like to be me,” I despaired.

“And you don’t understand what its like to be me. To have to leave your friends behind for just two weeks and return to…to find your best friend and…”
I needed him to finish that sentence.
“I don’t want to talk about this.”

Ronnie’s POV

Dakota and Max had vanished and I kind of wanted to know where they’d gone so headed off in a random direction. When I caught sight of them in the distance surrounded by.

“I’m so gonna regret this!” Dakota said just loud enough to hear before grabbing Max’s face and kissing him.
I knew it.
He took a few seconds to react and pull her closer.
I knew it.
I wasn’t mad, I knew they liked each other and this should happen but I wasn’t exactly pleased either. As I began my walk back I wondered what she meant by saying she’d regret it. Women huh.

Dakota’s POV

My knees turned to jelly when Max pulled me in. I didn’t know what came over me, maybe it was the cocktails that made me kiss him or maybe it was just another dream. My hands lazily travelled to his shoulders then I took a deep breath and drew back.

“Sorry,” I whispered, “That was so…”

“Awesome,” Max finished my sentence for me.

I peered up into his eyes with disbelief, “Then I don’t regret it,” I smiled before he kissed me again.

“The burning question…” Max sighed.

“What do we do now?” I imagined that’s what the burning question was.

“Hope Ronnie can deal and finish your party,” he spoke.

I nodded and we returned to camp hand in hand, like I‘d wanted to do for so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
How did ya like that then eh??
Thanks for my comments you guys, keep it up<3 You know I love themmm. Shout outs next chapter.
I'll try and start work on that next chapter tonight but it probably won't be up 'til Friday because I've used all my internet up and run outta money. Foof that I am ;D
Much love xxxxx