Passed Out on Your Lawn

Losing

“How did I get talked into this?” I sighed, staring across the function room.

“Maybe the tiny fact that you’re the bride’s daughter,” Max replied from beside me with his best ‘duh’ voice.

I turned slightly to give him the poker face and muttered, “Suck my cock, Green.”

“Lighten up, Dee. I’ve got an idea,” he jumped up and disappeared through the tables.

My thoughts were completely blank for a few seconds, trying to bend my mind around the days events was a lot. I’d just witnessed my Mom’s second marriage and eaten dinner with her like that was ok. What does a sixteen year old know of love and relationships though?

I spotted Max coming back with an adorable yet shifty look and decided we knew enough about love at this point of our lives. Sixteen isn’t such an oblivious age as long as you don’t go comparing. Besides the fact we didn’t look sixteen sure amused me, I liked it. Since I had an almost black dress it was only right that Max got to be in full black too. He looked so…cute as always, my mom even let him wear eyeliner and Converse (so she can be cool sometimes).

“Give me a glass,” Max requested as he took back his seat.

All the other guests were too preoccupied to notice if we were up to no good – and obviously we were.
I picked up my soda and finished it in one large gulp before handing it to him.

“What did you get?” I asked peeking under the table.

“Nothin’ much,” he smirked casually as I spied the champagne.

I picked up another glass for him to fill once the first was done and we were soon having a real good time.

I swiped another bottle and we sat under the table drinking it. What did I say about feeling grown up? Yeah alcohol ruined that.
The live band weren’t very good but when we heard the opening likes to ‘I want you to want me’ by The Sweet we crawled out from under the table, much to peoples surprise, and found a spacious corner to dance like idiot in. Dance floors aren’t for cool kids like we were. I swear Max was trying to impersonate Hawk from Detroit Rock City minus the loss of clothes (damn) and I couldn’t stop laughing. I was just as bad with my air guitar solo. We couldn’t dance to save our lives.

I caught sight of my mom stood by the stage, not with a look of dismay but a smile as she spoke to the bands singer. Imagine my further surprise when they began performing Kiss’ ‘Heavens on fire’ – my mom had a secret she wasn’t sharing.
Max spun me and eventually we gave up. We sat the last songs out and then it was time for the reception to end. My mom and Paul were going straight on their honeymoon from the hotel so after they changed we all waved them off in their limo for the airport. Sandra and her current boyfriend drove the four of us back home and luckily it’d been agreed Max could stay with me until the honeymoon was over.

**

Max’s POV

I woke up to a little bit of a hangover in Dakota’s bed but she wasn’t in the room. Honestly I loved her bedroom because it could easily have been mine, there wasn’t anything girly about it, it was always gloomy and I supposed that sounds fucked up but I liked that about it.
I noticed the long dark dress she’d worn at the wedding was hung up on the back of the door and that was slightly open. I raked my fingers through my hair and pulled on some jeans I’d left hanging around before venturing downstairs. As I got closer to the kitchen I could rear the radio, I think it was a Runaways record or maybe Suzi Quatro, the door was slightly ajar and made no sound as I pushed it open. Dakota was facing the stove with her back to me and dancing about in a black vest and underwear. What was I meant to do?

Dakota’s POV

I’d just finished frying up the last bit of breakfast when familiar arms wrapped around my waist. I would have shit myself if I hadn’t heard the stairs creak a minute before.

“Morning,” I smiled looking over my shoulder.

“Morning,” Max returned the smile and kissed me.

“Hope you’re hungry,” I said flipping French toast onto plates.

“Sure am, but not really for food,” he whispered and slipped his hands down from my waist and hooked his thumbs into my underwear.

I turned to face him with a coy look on my face but as my eyes met his the look vanished. His expression said everything and I couldn’t help myself. Food didn’t matter in the slightest even if I had spent the past half-hour cooking. I wrapped my arms around his neck and as soon as our lips met I knew nothing could tear us apart. I moved away from the stove and into the living room. The curtains were still shut and the couch was out sight form anyone who could see through the kitchen window.

I never imagined my first time would be like that, but then again I never thought much about what it would be like at all. ‘Purity’ didn’t matter much to me, but Max meant everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is already written, the one after that will probably be the last [spoiler =/] but its cool because yeah thats not the end of Max and Dakota and ETF...not by a long shot.

Thanks to HunterAtMidnight for commenting,
I'd love some more from you guys. Ya know I love teh commentsss. What did you think of that chapter [apart from this length]?
Comments will have the next chapter posted quicker =P