Status: Not Yet.

Getting It Straight

For Real.

When I got to school on the back of Jude's bike. It was a frenzy as people rushed around talking about us.

So far, I've heard plenty of rumors.

From Ashley Hurst: I heard they are getting married.

From Carter Rolf: He totally got her pregnant.

From Tish Norris: I heard she threatened him and his family to let her stay with them… poor Jude.

I smirked at Tish's, it was the most satisfying rumor compared to the rest. It was better than the truth of being the captive.

"Ms. Carver. Principal Deeder would like for you to go to her office after class." said Mr. Jenks. I nodded.

He stared at me for a moment but then went back to teaching. Out of all the teachers I've had, Jenks actually tried to give a damn about me in a way. He took my bantering and snide remarks with a witty sense of humor.

The best thing is that he gives me my space and ignores me throughout class while in other classes, teachers ask me to answer questions to make me feel stupid.

It's not my fault I can't study. Every night is such a nightmare, even going to the library didn't help. I tried listening very hard in class but with hatred going my way every damn second, it's really hard to pay attention as people spoke about me loudly. Those fuckin' teachers didn't give a damn, even if they heard those nasty things, they still didn't care.

No one cares.

~

"Deeder, so glad you called me up." I said sarcastically and threw my bag on her leather couch and then jumped from the back of the chair onto the seat in front of her desk.

She sat there with her arms on the table, her hands clasped together. She doesn't look frustrated as she usually does when she sets these meetings with me. I looked at her weirdly.

"Anyways, it's nice of you to join me, Kristyn. I heard some very good news this morning." She said.

"What?" I asked her feeling very dissatisfied and bored.

"Your grandmother has been locked up. I always knew there was a problem at home. Thank God the Clare family was able to do something about it." She said smiling, her bright white teeth shone between her red lips.

My eyes widened and my body stiffened.

I froze… I'm frozen. There was a rock within my throat that was suffocating any air coming in my trachea.

"I also heard that you are living with them now too, that's really good. Jude Clare is an exceptionally talented young mind." She said.

"Who do you think you are?" I asked her. She now froze and her hands are now clenched. Her mouth line is thinned and her jaw strained.

I scoffed and stood up. I grabbed my back and went out the door. Not before slamming it so much that the wall shook.

Images and things flashed through my head.

My mother with her hands on me over the table as she wore her orange suit.

My father laying in his grave, eyes closed, make up covering the death from his face.

Then, my grandma, her hand coming close to my face.

I stopped suddenly in the empty hallway. My hand reached up to my cheek. My fingers touched the soft skin that laid there… and then I heard a slap.

I wasn't thinking about it, but I really heard a slap.

I walked further down the hallway and then I looked both ways at the intersection to two other hallways.

There stood Kevin Deeder, the principal's son and his girlfriend Grey Tison. Her slender hand laid upon her cheek. It seemed red. Kevin stood there breathing heavily.

My body fumed with fire.

I dropped my things and tackled down Kevin. I threw punches at him, and it didn't take long until he fought back. He gripped my hair but I didn't feel it. My adrenaline was so high that everything that had to do with my body was numb.

I scratched him and slapped his face hard. I released my pain and anger of what happened, onto him.

I didn't hear the amount of people coming out into the hallway.

I didn't hear Grey telling me to stop.

I didn't hear the shouting of people.

But I did hear Jude's voice.

When I stopped hitting Kevin, I felt someone pulling me off.

I looked back to see Jude near my face, breathing heavily as I did.

He was wearing his glasses.

From the hallway I came from I saw Deeder running towards us, she looked at me and then at her son.

Of course she ran to him.

I tore Jude's arms off me and walked to grab my backpack.

~

I was now in Deeder's office again, but this time… it wasn't only me. It was Kevin, Grey, and Jude. I seriously did not know why the fuck Jude is here but he is.

Deeder's hair was in a mess and her face was tiring.

"What exactly happened?" she asked.

"Nothing. Kristyn got all crazy and started beating the shit out of me." Kevin said.

I scoffed.

"Language." Principal Deeder reprimanded her son.

She then looked at me, "Kristyn?"

"Why don't you ask Grey?" I said.

I looked at Grey, her make up was smeared and her face was completely red. Sucks to be a ginger, Grey.

"I… Kevin…. Kevin is right." She said.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

What the hell? Is there something wrong with her? I just beat the shit out of the guy who slapped her.

"Is this true Kristyn?" Deeder asked.

I sighed, "Whatever…. either way you're going to trust your son anyway."

Deeder sighed, it could be heard as relief. She was relieved that her so innocent son was not the guilty one. I rolled my eyes. Fuck this.

"Wait. Principal Deeder? Don't we have surveillance cameras in the hallways?" Jude said.

"Yes. We do. It's here on my computer." Principal Deeder said.

"May I?" Jude asked walking towards her computer.

"Yes, Mr. Clare." She said and stood up from her seat so Jude could sit in it.

"Okay. So going back 30 minutes ago." Jude said, "Here."

Principal Deeder crouched down next to Jude to see the screen.

I looked over to Kevin and Grey. Kevin had his face in his hands and Grey seemed as if she was about to cry again. God Grey, suck it up. You bitch ass whine of a girl.

I looked back to Principal Deeder to see her face all pale. She looked away from the computer and back at all of us. Her body is straightened up now and her fingers were placed on her mouth.

"Kevin…" She said in a motherly tone.

Kevin groaned and sighed.

I could start hearing Grey whimper.

"I'm so sorry Kristyn…" She said to me. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said. I couldn't care less right now.

~

I walked out the door with Jude right beside me. Because of me starting the fight, I have to join the theatre geeks by being part of their crew for the musical. The worst punishment ever. As for Kevin. He's suspended for false accusation and assault. As for Grey, she was sent to the school's therapist… she's got some serious problems to deal with.

"You're welcome." Jude said as he walked next to me. His hands were awkwardly in his pockets as he stepped along.

"For what?" I asked trying to ignore his presence.

"For proving that you were innocent." He said. I looked over at him with curiosity. He was looking forward. What was he trying to do right now? Be cool? But I had to give him credit for what he did though, he proved my innocence.

"How did you know though?" I asked curiously.

"I might be a nerd but I am social enough to hear that Kevin abuses Grey." He said as he pushed his glasses up.

I sighed. I didn't know that. I must not be social enough.

"I'm not going to thank you, you know." I said.

"I know." He said looking down at his feet as we continued to walk in the hallway. I then remembered my anger.

"You lied to me." I stopped and turned to him.

"What?" He asked confused.

"My grandmother… you told." I said as my eyebrows furrowed in angrily.

"Yea.. my parents.. that's it." He said confused, "Why? What happened?" He asked now concerned.

"She's locked away now.. she's in jail you fucker!" I said angrily as I pushed him. I didn't even noticed tears coming down.

A tear dropped on my hand. I felt the wetness. I lifted my hand to my face.

I groaned and then started running to an isolated room.

"Wait. Kristyn."

"No."

He walked into the room after me.

"Kristyn. I'm sorry… I didn't think that my parents would do that." He said.

I was wiping away my tears.

"Why are you so upset! Why are you being like Grey? Defending someone who abused you?" He asked.

I turned around and walked to him.

My arm went to the air and I flung it towards his face to slap him, but he caught my arm fast.

I stared at him straight in the eyes. His dark blue eyes. I stared cold and hard. His eyes softened.

I pulled away from him and turned my back to him. I couldn't handle it… I can't stand it when people give me that look.

I don't fucking need sympathy.

"Don't look at me like that." I said shaking my head.

"I don't pity you." He said gently to me.

"Don't lie! DON'T FUCKIN' LIE!" I swerved around to face him.

Tears fell again… I barely ever cried in my life, why am I hurting this way?

Jude sighed and we stood still for a while.

He then walked slowly to me and before I knew it his hands were on my face wiping the tears away.

"It's okay. Don't worry." He said.

Before I could protest, he pulled my against him.

I resisted… I tried pulling away, but damn, for a geek… he is really strong.

I gave up and sank into him. My head on his shoulder. He was so tall that I was more of resting my head on his collar bone.

I don't know what was about him but it was something different to me…

So then, I cried as he held me…