Status: In progress :)

Catch My Breath and Go For It

Chapter 7

Wednesday April 27, 2014

“Oh, I forgot to ask! How was your date on Sunday?” Shaye and I were lounging on the couch, watching Supernatural and shamelessly ogling Sam and Dean.

I felt a smile creep onto my face, and looked down, sure I was blushing. “It wasn’t a date!” I protested. Shaye rolled her eyes.

“Really, Mia?” I grinned.

“Okay, so it was a date.” I sighed. “What do you want to know?” Shaye paused the episode and turned to me, her eyes sparkling.

“You know! What did you do? What did you talk about? Was there any…” She raised her eyebrows. “…Action?”

I bit my lip and idly plaited my hair. “Well, I got there late, as you know.” Shaye laughed.

“Sorry about that, but you needed it!”

“Shaye, how did you even get his number?”

“I took your phone, jeez. Why do you underestimate me so much?” I laughed bitterly.

“Not since you rallied up 300 women at Queen Street Mall to protest again…what was it? Clumpy mascara?” Shaye beamed.

“You remembered! But forget about that, How did it go?” I rolled my eyes, typical Shaye.

“Err, well…We ate, we got an ice cream, walked around for a bit, talked and… yeah!” Shaye gestured with her hand, as if to say ‘Go on!’ I shook my head. Knowing Shaye, she probably was hoping for something a little more…erotic. But thank god, Rian wasn’t one of those types. Not saying he wasn’t sexy, god no! But yeah, he was a gentleman. “Uh, no. That’s it.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah, that’s what I said, Shaye.” She made a ‘humph’ sound before settling back into the couch and playing the episode. We watched for a few minutes, before my phone buzzed on the table in front of us. I leant forward and picked it up, reading the text message.

“What does it say?” Suddenly Shaye was leaning over my shoulder, trying to read the screen

From: RiRi
To: Mia
Take Sat work off, work Sunday. XRi


I read it out to her, Shaye looked at me.

“Sounds like loverboyy is planning something!” I elbowed her in the side.

“Shut up!” I turned back to my phone and answered the text.

From: Mia
To: RiRi
Why?


The phone buzzed 20 seconds later.

From: RiRi
To: Mia
Not Telling. But remember to catch the train.


Once again, I read it out to her “What does that mean?” She looked over at the text just as it buzzed again.

From: RiRi
To: Mia
And bring your togs ;)


I shoved the phone in Shaye’s face. “Care to translate?” She sighed, most likely exasperated at my lack of knowledge.

“Well, he obviously is taking you on another date, and if you’re taking the train you’re either going to the city or Southbank, and since he wants you to bring your togs I’m guessing Southbank, unless he wants to swim in a fountain.” My phone buzzed again, I looked at the text and laughed. “What does it say?” I showed her the text, and her brow furrowed.

From: RiRi
To: Mia
Shaye shut up


“How does he know?” I laughed at her, and texted him back.

From: Mia
To: RiRi
How did you know?


It buzzed a few seconds later.

From: RiRi
To: Mia
I’m psychotic, duh. Besides, that isn’t all I have planned x


I showed Shaye the text and she shrugged. “What, no translation?”

“Hey, I don’t know everything that’s going on in that guy’s head! Besides, just enjoy the surprise!”

“I don’t like surprises…” I grumbled. Shaye yawned.

“Well it’s getting late, I’m going to sleep, C’ya…”

“Night.” Shaye walked away and I stretched out on the couch, trying to find the willpower to get up. Eventually I pulled myself off the couch, walked into my room and clambered into bed, still fully clothed and holding my phone.

From: Mia
To: RiRi
Whatever, Trelawney. Looking forward to it ;)

From: RiRi
To: Mia
I’ll see you Saturday then, sweet thanggg

From: Mia
To: RiRi
Perve

From: RiRi
To: Mia
You know you love me x

From: Mia
To: RiRi
You wish ;) I’m tired, looking forward to Saturday. Night x

From: RiRi
To: Mia
Can’t wait to see you :) Goodnight darling xx


I smiled at his last text, getting that warm and fuzzy feeling. I placed my phone on my beside table, turned off my bedside light and lay in the light of the moon for a while, relaxing and thinking about how nice my life was at this exact moment in time. I rolled over and fell asleep within minutes, a smile on my face.

Rian

I put my hands behind my head, and leant back until I hit the pillow and I was staring at the ceiling and smiling contently. I’d just sent my text to Mia, she hadn’t found out yet, and I was taking her on another date on Saturday. I was getting my dream girl, I had an…alright job, I…
lived in an apartment and was getting settled down. This, this was what I wanted, right?
Well, at least I know Mia is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh I finally posted it! I'm really really really super sorry for not posting it sooner! It's the 5th day of the holidays and 1:20am might I ask, so don't say I didn't want to post this! But I'm lazy and had a whole heap of exams which is a recipe for no posting eheh.
I'm about halfway through writing chapter 8 (so much for keeping ahead of myself omg) which is a super cute chapter that makes me go all squeeeee everytime i start writing it :* But incase any of you are wondering, I have up to chapter 10 planned, and a vague idea of what's happening after that, and lots of super interesting ideas planned for later chapters! I'm thinking around chapter 15 or later when you meet the rest of ATL? I'll stop rambling now, sorry.

Comments!:
@ally...: I know, I like writing things that are a little more unique :) after the 5th time reading about how a chick got picked up at a show i feel like throwing my laptop at the wall. I also find myself basing characters off myself. This probably isn't a good thing. Shit.

@jlyEchelonMCRmy: It gets cuter! I think.. the next chapter is probably the cutest so far. But chapter 10, after that. That's cute. SEWW COOT. I actually don't read Rian stories, I'm more one for Highschool Alex is a dick one's :3 And don't worry I'll get to that soon hehe.

@emonemo96: ahhh thankyou! And I will!!

Keep commenting! I check every day and it keeps me motivated knowing that you guys are pissed I haven't updated!

Remember to follow me on tumblr! http://nohopeforhipsters.tumblr.com/