My New Parents Are Who

11

When he came down a few minutes later I choked on the soda I was drinking. Frank was dressed as Harry Potter! He had the Gryffindor colors, wand, scar, glasses, everything!

“Oh my Jasper! You look awesome!”

“Thanks but ‘oh my Jasper’?”

“I’ve learned that’s it’s easier when people don’t question me, it saves them a lot of headaches.”

“Ok. Let’s go show Jamia.”

She was in the kitchen putting the candy in a huge bowl.

“Don’t you look cute!” she said when we came in. She kissed Frank and gave him a hug. “Pictures! This is your first father/daughter activity, don’t give me that look,” she scolded him.

She got the camera and took a lot of pictures. When she finally fished it was because Trick-or-Treaters were at the door. We all went and were met with a little Power Ranger, kitty, and dinosaur. They got their candy and ran off to their moms’ who were waiting on the sidewalk.

I got my bag and we left. It wasn’t completely dark yet so we didn’t worry about not bringing a flashlight yet. The first few houses were ok; I said Merry Christmas like I always do and got candy. Life was good. When we got to Amy’s street I quickly went through the houses before her’s. When I got to her house I knocked hyperly.

“What is with you?” Frank asked when he finally caught up. He’s been chasing me from house to house.

“This is Amy’s house and I want to know if she’s here.”

The door opened and Amy’s mom was there. She was dressed like a hippie.

“Hi Sadie! Amy and Rose are in Amy’s room if you want to say hi.”

“Thanks Mrs. Capital S. this is my dad Frank.”

“Hello Mr. Iero. I’m Amy’s mom, Irene Simple.”

“Hey, nice to meet you. You can call me Frank.”

“Would you both like to come in for a little?”

“Sure.”

While Mrs. S and Frank went to the kitchen I went upstairs to Amy’s room. I could hear Panic! blasting so I knocked loudly.

“What mom?!” Amy said, opening the door.

“So I’m your mom now?” I asked.

“Sadie!” I was attacked in a hug. “Sorry, mom’s been telling us to hurry up.”

“Can I still be your mom?”

“Sure. Rose, Sadie’s here!”

“Yay!” I was then attacked in another hug.

“I have an idea!” I said, shocked that I didn’t think of it before. “You two should come to the party then sleepover.”

“Are we allowed to?” Amy asked.

“Let me call Jamia.” I dialed her number.

“What’s up, Sadie?”

“Can Amy and Rose come to the party then sleepover?”

“Of course! I’d love to meet your friends! Just make sure it’s ok with their parents.”

“Ok. Bye!”

“Bye!”

“It’s all good. You just have to talk to your parents.”

“I’ll be back,” Amy said before running downstairs.

She came back up a minute later smiling.

“It’s fine with mom!”

“Awesome! You guys don’t have to bring anything, you can borrow whatever from me.”

“Ok.”

“Girls, you should get going!” Amy’s mom called from downstairs.

They got their bags and we went downstairs. We got Frank and left to go Trick-or-Treating again.

It was so loud now! We were laughing and joking around so much. Frank laughed at our craziness. A half hour later we turned onto a dark street. The lights in the first few houses were out and the street lights weren’t working.

“Anyone have a flashlight?” Amy asked. We all shook our heads.

“I know! Sadie, what’s the spell for light?” Frank asked.

“Lumos, but what’ll that-”

“Lumos!” he shouted, cutting me off.

“One, I don’t think you’re doing the right wrist movements.” He continued waving his wand around like a loon. “Two, I don’t think it’s an Ollivander wand or that it eve came from the Wizarding world.”

“Fine ruin my fun. I guess we just skip these houses.”

We started down the street a lot quieter then before. It was pretty creepy walking down here. About halfway through a twig or something cracked. Amy, Rose, and I jumped.

“Which of you was that?” I whispered.

“Not me,” Rose squeaked.

“Ditto.”

“Frank?”

“Wasn’t me. It was probably a dog or something. Come on, we’re almost there.”
The next thing we knew creepy lights came on and smoke was all around. Then came the chainsaw. I shrieked and bolted. Amy and Rose were close behind. See, I have this huge fear of chainsaws.

It was following us so I just kept running past the lit houses.

“Sadie! Amy, Rose! Slow down!” Frank shouted.

“NO!” I shrieked.

The street ended and we were trapped. The guy with the chainsaw was in front with Frank behind him. Chainsaw guy was getting closer and I was trying not to cry.

“Get the hell out of here!” Amy shouted over the chainsaw.

“You’re scaring us!” Rose yelled.

The chainsaw stopped and the guy came over with it still in his hands. I tried going backwards but there was a thing to stop people from falling down the small slope. I guess he realized what was up because he dropped it.

“It’s ok, Sadie,” Amy said.

“What the hell was that for?!” Rose shouted.

“My sister told me that you three liked to be scared and that I should do this. I didn’t know that you didn’t like it.”

“‘Didn’t like’ is the understatement of the century.”

“God, you girls run fast,” Frank panted. “Sadie, are you ok?” I was still shaking and holding onto Amy.

“No! I have a huge fear of chainsaws! They make me feel like I’m going to die!”

“I’m so sorry,” chainsaw guy said. He took off the mask he’d been wearing. “The chain wasn’t on or anything.”

“Who’s your sister?” Amy asked.

“Emily Morton.”

Emily’s one of the Frank lover’s.

“That bitch.”

“Tell her to stay away from us,” Rose spat.

“Ok. I really am sorry,” he said to me.

“Whatever,” I mumbled.

He picked up the chainsaw and walked away.

“Sadie, are you ok?” Frank asked again.

I nodded.

“Do you want to go home?”

“No, let’s keep going.”

We picked up our bags and started up the street. This time we only went to lit streets. Two hours later I got a text from Jamia telling me it was ok to go home.

I told Frank that she wanted us back so we turned around and started home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Frank's costume idea was from IsbatgEMnwt, thank you! Also the chainsaw fear is the same with me and it's all my mom's fault.