My New Parents Are Who

6

“Hi Sadie! And you must be Marie and Mark. I’m Jamia,” she said.

“Hi,” they said at the same.

“Come in, come in. we can get everything in a few.”

She led everyone into the living room. Aunt Marie, Mark, and Jamia sat on one couch, Frank sat on the armchair, Gerard, Mikey, and Ray sat on the second couch, and Bob and I sat on the ground.

“Introduce yourselves,” Jamia said to the boys.

“Oh yeah! Hi, I’m Frank, Jamia’s husband and Sadie’s new dad.”

“I’m Bob.”

“Ray!”

“Gerard.”

“I’m Mikey, Gerard’s younger brother.”

“And do you all live here?” Aunt Marie asked.

“No, but they all do live around here,” Jamia giggled. “The boys are all in a band so they’re usually one of their houses.”

“What kind of music do you play?” Mark asked.

“Rock. We’re My Chemical Romance,” Frank said.

“Oh, I’ve heard of you. You have a poster of them don’t you?” Aunt Marie asked me.

“Yeah,” I said shyly.

They boys chuckled quietly probably because I was blushing.

“Should we get Sadie’s things?” Frank asked.

We agreed and everyone filed outside. We all got a box of something, I was the only one allowed to touch my box of books, and started bringing everything upstairs. Soon my new room was filled with boxes. Tomorrow we were bringing my bed over and then I would move in completely.

“We should get going, we still have the drive,” Aunt Marie said.

“Alright see you tomorrow!” Jamia said.

Everyone said bye and we left. When we got back to town we stopped at my house to get my bed. Mark was bringing me to the house tomorrow before going to work.
The next morning I was up at seven, making sure I had everything from my almost two week stay in my bag. Mark drove me up north and at nine-thirty we pulled up in front of my new house. Frank answered the door and said Jamia had to run out. He helped up bring the bed upstairs then Mark had to leave.

“Call anytime. We’ll see you soon I hope.” He said, giving me a hug.

“Thanks for everything.”

He left and it was only Frank and me.

“Um did you eat breakfast?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

“Ok. What do you want to do?”

“I guess I should start unpacking. Can I put posters up?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Do you have tape I can use?”

“One second.” He went into the kitchen and came out with a tape dispenser.

I thanked him and went up to my room. The first thing I did was take out my Ipod speakers and put on my favorite songs playlist. Downstairs I could hear Frank playing his guitar so I put the music on not that loud but loud enough for our music to be a little equal. Then I got to work.

I took my clothes out of the boxes and put them away in my dresser and closet. While I was unpacking I sang and danced around. Then it was time for my books. First I took out all my Harry Potter books. I had two copies of all of them but the first and sixth. I put them on the shelf about the second bookshelf. Then I got about twenty books that went on the second shelf. The rest of the books I had stayed in the box. My CDs went on another shelf and my DVDs went on my dresser.

When I was done with that So Long Dearie from Hello, Dolly! came on and I was singing loudly. I didn’t notice anyone was in the room until I was poked in the shoulder.

I jumped, I’m a total spaz, and fell backwards onto a box.

“Oh my God! Are you ok?” it was Frank.

“I’m fine, just had a heart attack but I’m good.”

“What’d you do to her, Frank?” Mikey asked, coming into the room followed by the rest of the band.

“All I did was poke her in the shoulder!”

“I’m a spaz, it happens a lot.” I explained, getting up.

“Whoa, you have a lot of books,” Bob said.

“Yeah there are more in the box.”

“I came up to see if you needed any help,” Frank said.

“I only have posters left. If you want to help you can.”

“Ok!”

I opened my poster box and started taking them out. I sorted them into groups; Harry Potter wall, band wall, movie wall, and whatever else.

I did the Harry Potter wall of course. There were so many posters!

“Dear God! How many posters do you have?” Gerard asked when I finished.

“Um…37 including the news paper articles.”

“I think you’re a little obsessed.”

“Maybe a little.”

We laughed and finished putting up the posters. It was fun hanging out with everyone. I think I was going to be good with my new family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get a pic of my Harry Potter wall which is what Sadie's HP wall is based off of but my computer won't let me put it on. Does it have to be a certain size or something? If you know can you please tell me cause it's very aggravating?