To The End

Chapter 13.

"I'm going to miss you so much! Mark you HAVE to come and visit!" I could feel myself getting a bit teary.
"Oh, don't you worry. I'll be your first visitor sweetheart."
I laughed and gave him a hug. I closed my eyes and thought about all the good times we've had, and how much I was going to miss him. I opened my eyes.
"Frank!"
I ran over and practically leaped into his arms.
"Oh Annie. I'm going to miss you soooo much!"
"Not as much as I'm going to miss YOU!" I screeched pinching his cheeks.
Mikey, Bob and Ray came and went, and soon enough, Frank had to go, so it was just me and Mark.
"So are you meeting with Seph as soon as you get there?"
My friend Persephone, who I went to college with, had offered for me to live with her.
"Yeah, she's coming to pick me up."
"Good. I'm going to go get a snack. Want anything?"
"Actually. Yeah. Could you grab me a copy of AP?"
"Sure thing. I'll be right back."
I tapped my fingers on the armrest of the chair. I picked up my bag and started rummaging through it for my iPod.
"Annie!"
I turned around to see who had called me.
Mark.
"Have you got the issue with The Used on the cover?"
"No. Thanks." I smiled, sighed, and turned around.
To face Gerard.
"Shit! Gee, don't scare me like that! I thought you were going to be busy?"
"About that. I lied.. I couldn't bear the thought of having to watch you walk on that plane and out of my life again."
Oh my god.
That is so sweet.
"Well. Um. I seriously don't know what to say."
"Say you'll stay." His eyes had a pleading look in them.
"Gee. You know I can't do that."
"Please." He whispered.
I looked at him, and that's when he kissed me.
And I have to say, it was a damn good kiss. Full of emotion: anger, joy, sadness, frustration.
I pulled away.
"Gee.."
By this point, I most definitely had tears streaming down my face.
"I'm sorry. But it's just too hard. I mean, with all the problems we've had.. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be."
He was crying too.
"Please don't say that, ever. I know we can make this work. I love you."
I heard the boarding call for my flight.
"Gee.. I'm so sorry."
I got up and picked up my bag. I tried to say goodbye, but all that came out was a choke, a gasp and a sob.
I handed the lady at the desk my boarding pass, and turned to look back at Gee one last time.
"I love you too. More than you'll ever know."
I sniffed, grabbed my boarding pass and walked behind the desk and through the door to the plane.
I smiled slightly to myself and thought, I know this isn't the last time I'll be seeing Gerard Arthur Way.
Not by a long shot.