To The End

Chapter 9.

I haven't spoken to Gerard in what feels like a year. In reality, about a week.
If he didn't hate me before, he certainly does now.
I hate myself right now.
I shouldn't have led Brandon on like that.
I've spent the past week in bed, catching up on my favourite TV shows, and consuming all the herbal tea I could get my hands on. I was humming along to the theme song of HiHi Puffy AmiYumi when Mark pushed the door open.
"This came earlier. I only just found it."
He handed me an envelope with my name printed on the outside, and quietly left the room.
I tore open the envelope and unfolded the note inside.

"Annie,
I'm sorry that I came over the other night, I didn't realise you already had a visitor. I wouldn't have come if I'd know that I've spent this week wasting both of our time.

G, xoxo"


I immediately started bawling. Mark rushed in.
"Oh sweetie. Shh. I'm sorry."
I cried and cried and cried.
After that, I showed Mark the letter.
Than I cried some more.

*Flashback*

"Hi."
The boy with the dyed black hair turned towards me and gave me a puzzled look.
"Um. Hi. Are you new? If you want I can show you around."
He grinned at me.
"Sure. Thanks. My name's Gerard."
"I'm Annie."

*End Flashback*

I'd give anything for him to smile at me like that again.

**

Ray had invited me to his house that night, in effort to heal the relationship between Gee and me.
I rang the doorbell and heard scrambling about and shouting.
"SOMEONE GET THAT!"
The door flew open, and a tall redhead girl stood leaning against the doorframe.
"Hi! You must be Annie!"
I looked at her suspiciously.
"And you are?"
"Lizzie. Gerard's girlfriend."