You're My Favorite Song

010

After sleeping the whole day my mom figured it was time to wake her two lazy daughters up. I couldn't tell you how relieved Ryan was when she woke up and realized it wasn't to go to school. It broke my heart, but at the same time it made me happy knowing that she wasn't going to have to go through the hell for much longer. After we were up and all settled my mom went out to meet our dad so they could discuss Ryan's future. Jake and I were going to hang out so I figured I would just take Ryan with us.

I walked into Ryan's room to see her on her little laptop typing furiously away. "Who ya talking to baby girl?"

"Braiden! He says he is around here cause his mom has stuff to do!" She practically yelled.

I chuckled. Braiden was her best friend who happened to have moved away a couple weeks before school started this year. Braiden and Ryan were inseparable, the next little couple to fall in love when cooties no longer existed. "Tell him I'm gonna call his mom and ask if we can kidnap him." I figured if I had Jake she might as well have a friend to hang out with.

After talking to his mom and explaining to her what I wanted to do she agreed. "Ry go get ready please," I yelled from across the bathroom. I was sitting in front of my vanity trying to decided on today's quote for my wrist. It took me about five minutes to decide on Fight for it.

"Already!" Ryan yelled running into my room wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie. My baby sister didn't dress to impress boys, clearly we are doing something right.

"Jake should be here any minute and then we'll go pick Braiden up and go to the park, sound good?" She nodded excitingly.

Jake rang the door bell and greeted me with a quick peck on the cheek making the heat instantly rise to my face which I buried into my hands. "Blushing already? Damn am I good," He smirked.

I got Ryan situated in the back of Jake's truck and off we went. The whole way to the store Ryan kept jabbering about Braiden and what they were gonna do at the park and all this stuff. I was about ready to yell at her when I looked over and saw Jake smiling at her from the rearview mirror. I guess when you're an only child you find the endless chattering cute instead of annoying. Once we picked Braiden up him and Ryan escaped to their own little world the rest of the ride to the park. I turned up the music in the truck and placed my hand back in Jake's, causing him to smile. Blink 182 filled the car as I silently hummed the lyrics until we arrived.

Once at the park the two munckins ran to the play ground while Jake and I opted for two swings side by each. We sat in silence for a moment, just the distance sound of laughing and the swings squeaking filling the air. A slight breeze picked up tousling my hair around causing me to groan and Jake to chuckle.

"It's fine, I promise," He reassured me and took my hand in his once more. "So Hazel how come you guys didn't go to class today?"

I sighed, "Bad night but the good news is that Ryan is gonna get some kind of home schooling." I paused for a moment before continuing, "Kids are picking on her...I don't get why kids are so cruel. Its all their parents fault."

"The best of us get the worse treatment. Ryan's a tough cookie and it seems like Mr. Braiden takes care of her," He nodded toward the direction of the playground.

The two of them were running around hand in hand, Braiden leading the way and fighting off, what i could only imagined to be dragons. I wish I could say being a kid was easy for me, but that was the root of my mental problems.

"He's a good little prince. He moved away so they don't see each other much. Little do they know I have their wedding planned out," this time we both laughed.

As the breeze picked up Jake and I walked to a patch of grass to sit at for a while longer. He sat down first and i sat in between his legs, his arms wrapping around my waist protectively as his head rested on my shoulder.

"Haze..." He sighed.

"Yea?" I asked.

"We got approved, I mean the band we...we got the radio tour."

"Oh my god are you kidding that's amazing!" I yelled jumping up from our spot on the grass. He stood up after but not with the enthusiasm I had displayed. "Aren't you happy?"

"I mean yea, we're getting closer to our dream but I don't want to have to leave you for two weeks," He pulled me close again.

I forgot about the part of being away, I knew their was a reason my mom warned me not to fall for musicians. To late for that one now. I sighed. "Jake your dream is way more importa-"

"Hazel stop it," He interrupted.

"Let me finish!" I rolled my eyes but continued, "your dream is worth it, and I'm not gonna let you pass that up because of me. But I'm not giving up, you can't get rid of me that easy. I can support you and date you from here, just like I've done with my dad for years."

"Why are you so perfect, Hazel." He whispered and kissed my lips with so much passion I could have fallen if he wasn't holding me so tight. "I promise we can make this work."

"Babe you've got no choice but to make it work." I joked.

After the park we took the kiddos to eat. Braiden ended up coming to my house after along with Jake so we decided to watch movies until he got picked up. My parents were already home by then so once Braiden left they told Ryan about how she was gonna get home schooled starting next week and she burst into tears of joy. Both my parents were now upstairs with her talking things over. Jake and I sat on the couch.

"When are you guys leaving?" I asked.

"It's a two week radio tour staring in two days." He smiled, which lead to me kissing him. What I couldn't help it.

"Well rockstar you better have fun and call me," I said as we walked to the door.

After we said our goodbyes I went upstairs to get ready for bed, seeing as it was 11 o'clock. I thought I had all my emotions under control and I did, until my head hit the pillow and I started thinking. I know bands have girlfriends all the time, and I trusted Jake, but it scared me being alone again. The last couple weeks its been Jake and the band and the girls. What's gonna happen to me when they leave? I'm happy of coarse but I'm so afraid that I'll fall back into the depression I fought way to hard to get out of. I didn't realize i was crying until my mom walked in to say goodnight.

"Hazel Lyric what's the matter?" She asked sitting down on my bed.

I picked my head up out of my pillow enough to mumble out words. "Jake, they're going on a radio tour, isn't that amazing?" I silently cried.

"That's fantastic! So why are you crying my little rockstar?"

"Cause mom when he leaves for two weeks I'm gonna be all alone again! Mom I'm happy for them but I just...I don't want to be alone like before. Jake kept me happy!" I was know full on sobbing. My mom tried her best to console me but at some point the door rang in which she left me to go get it. I didn't understand why I was acting like this, the pain i tried so hard to get over was suddenly coming back and I knew there was only one way to stop it...but I couldn't.

I heard my door open and shut again, figuring it was my mom I didn't move just continued to cry. Suddenly I was being pulled into someone. I relaxed knowing it was Jake, his scent filled the room as his arms curled around my waist. He pulled me closer to him so he could protect me from the 'monster'.

"Sssh Haze, its okay, Babe calm down," He soothed while playing with my hair. My tears subsided enough but I dared not turn to him, not with my swollen puffy eyes. "Haze, love look at me." I fought it all I could but he was stronger than me, once I faced him his lips attacked me making the horrible feeling go away.

"I'm sorry Jake...this is so stupid."

"Haze no its not, but look I promise none of those feelings can get to you okay? Your mom told me you're afraid of being alone, but I promise I'll always be there. Just a phone call away okay?" I nodded into his chest. He held me for awhile longer before grabbing the guitar off my floor and sitting me up too look at him, like he had done all those nights ago.

Pretty little lady with those swollen eyes please won't you show them to me. I know I'm not that perfect but you stay awhile baby then you will see. Miles away I can still feel you lay your head down on my embrace, my embrace far away.