Holding Onto What I'm Feeling

Lost Cause

After losing Jeph, I had made it back to my apartment, my breathing still quite heavy from all of the running. When I regained my breath, I quickly realized that Jeph had yelled my name. Did that mean he had found out who I was? What if he found where I was living? Right now, I didn’t want to see him. I hope to God he doesn’t find me.

Jeph’s P.O.V.

I only chased after that girl for a block before stopping. I don’t know why I yelled Carly’s name. I wasn’t even sure if that was Carly. I knew that was the girl from the grocery store I saw last week. Seeing her again had reminded me of how much she looked like Carly. I also kept remembering how Amanda had told me that girl was Carly, and that Carly was back.

I sighed and walked back to my apartment. I wasn’t sure what to believe. I’ll just try and forget about that girl. If it was Carly, why would she come back anyways? I doubt she loved me anymore. I was terrible to her. I still loved her, but it was a lost cause. I always believed Carly deserved someone better than me. That’s probably the reason I pushed her away by yelling at her and accusing her of cheating. I subconsciously wanted her to leave me. But now I saw that as a mistake, because once I realized she was gone, I regretted every mean thing I had said to her. I had taken her for granted and ruined the best thing in my life.

When I got back to my apartment I dropped down onto my couch, letting my body relax. Man, could that girl run.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short ^_^;; I'm working on the next update. I don't know when I 'll have it finished because this is kind of difficult to write right now. I'll work something out though ; ) The P.O.V. will probably be switching around more than usual for this story. If you've read my other stories, you'll know I usually stay in the main character's point of view. But it helps with this story to switch P.O.V.'s. So enough ranting from me...Comment please?
~Sally