Holding Onto What I'm Feeling

Weirdest Meeting

Carly’s P.O.V.

Everywhere I went now, I was paranoid I’d see Jeph and he’d know who I was and he’d confront me. So I laid low, wearing hats and sunglasses, trying to stay hidden whenever I went somewhere. It was pointless though, I never saw Jeph anywhere I went the following week. I hadn’t seen Amanda since I got back either. It would be nice to see her again, but she’s probably busy.

I sighed and sat on the couch in the living room of my apartment. I don’t even know why I came back. I feel even more alone than when I was in New York and every time I go somewhere, I’m afraid I’ll run into Jeph. I just didn’t know what I was doing. I’m nowhere near ready to tell Jeph I’m back. I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready. I should have just stayed in New York.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by a knock on my apartment door. I got up quickly, wondering who had come to see me. I hadn’t told any one where I lived. Not even Amanda. When I opened the door, a man with messy, black hair that went a little below his shoulders was standing in front of me. I had no idea who he was. He stared at me for a moment before speaking.

“I think I have the wrong apartment,” he said.

“Yeah,” I said. “I think you do too.”

“Sorry about that,” he said. He started to turn to leave but then turned back to me quickly. “You’re new in town aren’t you?”

“Yeah,” I said. “Kind of.”

“Kind of?” he asked.

“Well, I used to live here, about 8 years ago,” I said. “I moved back a few weeks ago though.”

“Cool,” he said. “May I ask what your name is?”

I smiled.

“Carly,” I said. “And you are?”

“Bert,” he said. “Well, I have to go find the right apartment, but maybe I’ll see you again and we can hang out.”

“Ok,” I said.

“See you later,” Bert said.

“Bye,” I said. Bert left and I closed my apartment door. I smiled. That was the weirdest way I’ve ever met someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
To let you know now, there will be no romance between Carly and Bert. Unless you want there to be. But, my initial plan is no romance between them ^_^ Feedback?
~Sally