‹ Prequel: Remembering Sunday
Status: I'll have my laptop Thursday or Wednesday so updating more frequent

My Only One

Momma Barakat

I got all packed up. Aria is driving me to the airport.

"I'm glad you are gong....you need time away from Jack," Aria said.
"I do?" I asked.
"Yes...you too have spent so much time together and you need space from him," she said.
"I guess." I replied and shrugs, "I should at least said bye to him first."
"No Des." Aria says.
"I should have..." I mumbled, "I'm so stupid"
"You are not! Just call him after you get through security." Aria says as she parks.
"Okay," I said and got out took out my bags.

She got out and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. We walked inside and checks in and we walked over to security and stood there for a while.

"Im going to miss you," she says.
"Me too...My parents will be happy to see me," I said.
"I know.. Have a good flight!" she said.
"I will." I said and walked through security. I walked to the Star Bucks and got coffee and walked to my gate and called Jack.

"Hello?" He said as he answered his voice sounded like he stopped crying.
"Hi Jack," I said quietly.
"Hi Desty. What's up?" he said acting like we didnt fight.
"Nothing just at the airport waiting to get on the plane. going to visit my family," I said.
"Oh..They'll be happy to see you." he said, "I'm sorry...for how i acted the other today. I just am scared of losing you."
"I know Jack. I should really try to stop," I said, "I'm scared of losing you too."
"Well....I just want what's best for you..." He trails off.
"I know you do. Oh Hey i have to go...I have to get on the plane," I lied.
"Okay Baby love you," he mumbled
"Uh huh." I said and hung up. I just sat there for the rest of the time.

***
Jack's P.O.V.

"Uh Huh." she said and hung up.

She is so damn complicated some days. I plopped down on the couch and Zack nudged me.

"You okay Jacky?" he asks.
"Destery..." I mumbled.
"She's cutting again?" he said.
"Yes...and we fought about and she's going home to visit her family...I'm pretty sure she isn't coming back" I said and sighed.
"Well you have an advantage only living miles from your folks. Her folks are in Illinois." Zack points out.
"True...." I mumbled.
"Don't worry..We can take a break one day and peel Alex from wedding shopping and drink beer and eat sweets and play videos game and go to clubs like we use to," he suggested.
"Sounds Bitchin!" I said and smiled, which made Zack smile.

He got up, grabbed his eyes and walked outside. I assume he's going to the gym. I sat there and played with my head. I grabbed a small box and walked over to their house to see if Aria was at least home. knocked on the door.

"Hey Jack...Destery is outta town." She says as she answers the door.
"I know...She called me...I want to do a clean out of her room and bathroom," I admitted.
"Fine only cause i care about her as much as you do," She said walking back over to the couch and sat down petting Roofus.

I walked in and closed the door quietly and walked upstairs to her room. I started to dig around her room. Found five in her bedside table and put them in the box...and a box of condom which confused me since she celibate and all. I was already jumping to conclusions. I just had to get my mind straight, so i walked haft way down the steps.

"Aria!" I said nervously.
She walked to the steps, "Yes Jack?" she answered.
"What are these?' I said shaking the box of condoms.
"Condom...You.." She said.
I cut her off, "I know what they are why does Destery need them if she is celibate?"
"Well..." Aria trails off.
"She's cheating on me isn't she?" I asked.
"God No Jack! " She says.
"Well what?" I asked raising my voice slightly.
"She bought them long before she decided to be celibate!" She explains.
"So she isn't cheating?" I asked in a small voice.
"No She isn't Jack." she said

I walked back upstairs and put the condoms away and dug around more. I lifted up her mattress and collect the four that were under it. Damn my girlfriend is dangerous. I put the mattress down and dug in her dresser. Found three in the top drawer, three in the next one, two in the next one, and two small pocket knifes in the bottom one. I just shook and looked around her room and found about 6 more. I dug in her bathroom, 10 more. I put them in the box and walked a downstairs.

"How Many you got?" Alex asked.

I wasn't aware he was here.

"35...give or take a few," I said.
"Holy Shit your girlfriend is dangerous." Alex remarks and Aria shook her head.
"Tell me about it!" I said.
"I hate it that I have to do this knowing she can easily go out and buy more." I mumbled and closed the box.
"Well people are all different...maybe she'll see this a sign and stop," Alex said and I nodded, only hopping he was right.
"All I have to say Jack is that I'm glad you care so much. Her parents are so caught up with her brother anixeity and bipolarness they don't pay attention to her." Aria says.
"Wow...That's kinda sad." Alex chimes in.
"Yeah," Aria says and nods.
"So its like her cry of help?" I asked.
"I guess. At least yo haven't seen her on her bad days," Aria replied.
"This sucks...we cant talk about it without me being a big douche," I confessed.
"Well just don't talk about it," Aria says, "She really hates talking about it,"
"Oh..." I said clutching the box more.
"Yeah She is ignorant," she says.
"Well I am going to take these to the dump, and go to my mom's." I said walking outside.

I got in the car and drives to the dump and throw them in. I drive over to my mom's.

"Hey Jack sweetie." My Mom says as I walk in.
"Hi Mom." I said and plopped down on the couch.
"You okay?" she asks sitting next to me.
"Me and Destery fought over something." i said tearing up.
"Awh Sweetie," she wraps her arms around me and pulls me on her lap, "What did you fight over?"
"S-She c-cuts," I manage to say through my tears.
"She does?" mom asks.
"Y-Ye-Yes" I say.
"Oh deary I'm sorry. Do yo know why?" she says and holds me close to her.
"It's fine. A-Aria says h-her pare-parents dont pay atten-attention to her because her brother is bipolar and he has anxiety." i mumbled.
"Poor girl...."My mom starts and trails off.
"And i hate that she does it..." I said.
"Sweetie its become a costume to her to deal with her stressed." she says and messes with my hair.
"I just dont want to lose her." I replied.
"Give her time...She might clean herself up and stop. She will always have the scars though," she kisses my head lightly.

I spent the rest of the day at my mom. I fall asleep crying.