Don't You Want the Way I Feel for You?

Chapter 13 We're In This Together

In the past month we’ve filmed a total of three episodes that all have Chloe in parts of them and she and Blaine have gotten really close much to the dismay of Kurt. Chloe is still convinced that she can get Blaine back but she hasn’t made a lot of progress yet. Oh well, only time will tell right?

Darren and I are still completely inseparable and still completely not dating. There have been a few rumor mills going around due to paparazzi pictures of the two of us out together but we’ve both put the rumors to rest as soon as they start. It was Saturday night and Lily and I were heading over to Darren and Joey’s to hang out with some people from work and some of Darren and Joey’s Starkid friends.

“I want to be totally stupid tonight.” I said randomly while driving over to Darren’s.

“Um no, you being stupid with Darren around is not good. You still totally love him.”

“Ugh I’m just, I need some lovin Lily. I haven’t had a boyfriend in almost a year and I’m tired of being alone. I want to hook up or something.”

“You’ve hooked up with Darren already. You’re not doing it again. It’s only going to make this whole situation worse.”

“That’s not fair though,” I whined, “I was like totally wasted I don’t even remember what it was like. I want to be with Darren when I’m fully sober so I can’t actually know what it’s like.”

“Is that why you got dressed all sexy cute? Are you going to try and seduce him?”

I gasped “Lily, why would you ever think that?” I giggled a little.

“Ugh, I do not support this!”

“Lil, nothings even going to happen I’m sure he won’t do anything with me.”

“I guess we’ll see huh? “

Autumn’s outfit:

http://www.polyvore.com/autumn-saturday_night/set?id=38912501

I pulled on to Darren’s street and parked in front of his house.

“I guess we will.”

Lily and I got out and walked to the front door and let ourselves in. I don’t knock or ring doorbells anymore, I practically live there.

“Well hello pretty ladies.” Joey said when we walked into the kitchen. Joey was opening a six pack and a bottle of coconut rum.

“Hello Joseph!” I said giving him a hug.

“Hey Lily..” he said

“Hey” she giggled. I looked between the two of them, oh god how did I not see this before?

“I’ll just leave you two alone. Joey do you have any wine? I’m being a classy lady this evening”

“Yeah on the counter.”

I poured myself a glass of wine and wandered into the living room. Dianna was sitting on the couch with Chord, Lauren Lopez, Lea, and Joe Walker.

“Hey sexy!” Lea said getting up and giving me a big hug.

“Hello yourself!”

“Love your dress miss lady, I have it in pink.” Dianna said and then took a sip of wine.

I turned to Lauren and Joe, “Hey, I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Autumn, it’s nice to meet you.”

Lauren shook my hand and said, “Nice to meet you too! Darren and Joey have told us a lot about you.”

“He’s told me a lot about you guys too” I smiled

Joe stood up and smiled at me, “Hey there.”

“Hi, I’m Autumn.” I said extending my hand

“Oh I don’t do handshakes. I’m a hugger.”

I laughed, “Well so am I so let’s hug it out sir!”

Joe wrapped me in a big bear hug. Holy shit this guy is ripped. I pulled back and looked at Joe.

“You are enormous, that’s a compliment I swear.” I laughed

“He’s actually a monster” Lauren chimed in.

“A hideous beast huh?” I joked.

“Only if you’ll be my beauty.” Joe said poking my side. Hello, someone’s forward.

I brushed it off and laughed in response.

“I’m only teasing,” Joe said, “but you are beautiful, just like all of Darren’s friends. It seems like it’s a trend.”

“What’s a trend?”

Darren walked into the living room beer in hand.

“That all of your lady friends are beautiful.” Lea said with a giggle.

“These are facts. All my lady friends are beautiful.”

“Well I just met your newest friend and she’s lovely.” Joe said smiling at me.

“Isn’t she though? Hello dear.” Darren said coming over and pulling me into a hug. The delicious smell that is Darren engulfed me and it took everything in me to let go of him.

“Hello yourself. So, what’s on the agenda for the evening?” I said plopping down on the couch next to Chord.

“I don’t know, hanging out, good food, fun people, throw in a little booze and I think it sounds pretty good.”

“Cheers!” Lauren said raising her glass. I reached over and clinked mine against hers and then took a sip.

“Let the good times begin!”

Everyone was having a great time just walking around and talking with each other. Darren had put some music on and set up platters of food in the living room and kitchen. We all had a happy fuzzy buzz going and I was a little tipsy but still very aware of myself. I decided it would be best to switch from wine to iced tea and give myself a break. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out Darren’s gallon of raspberry tea.

“FREEZE BITCH”

I turned around jug of tea in hand and saw Darren standing a few steps behind me.

“Excuse me?” I smirked.

“I know you aren’t stealing my tea…not in my house, not on my time!” he said all of this while getting two red cups and filling them with ice.

I chuckled and handled him the pitcher, “Oh shut up and pour the tea you weirdo.”

He smiled at me and hip bumped me away from him a little.

“I like that dress.”

“Well thank you” I said taking my cup of tea from him.

“Where’d you get it?”

“Victoria’s Secret.” I replied

“You little slut! Keeping Victoria’s secrets, what did she tell you, what do you know!”

I laughed at him. He looked at me waiting for a witty response.

“I know that I’m matching today and this dress makes my butt look cute.” I said innocently.

“Matching? Like your shoes and jewelry?”

“Yeah…everything’s purple today.” I picked up my cup off the counter and walked back into the living room feeling quite pleased with myself.

“Why are you smiley?” Lily asked when I sat down. She and Joey had been flirting with each other all night.

“Just having fun is all.”

Darren walked in from the kitchen and looked over at me. I winked at him dramatically and he shook his head laughing. Lily looked at both of us and sighed.

“I don’t even want to know.”

“Relax, nothing happened. I made a flirty comment is all.”

“Sure sure, whatever you say.”

“Guys!” Lea piped up suddenly.

We all looked at her waiting for her to continue.

“Let’s be super cool seventh graders and play seven minutes in heaven.”

“Lea oh my god are you serious?” Lauren laughed

“Come on, why not! We’re all single here.” She said smiling deviously

“Let’s play!” Dianna said.

We all gathered in a circle and spun one of the empty wine bottles to see who would be going into the closet with who. I had been lucky so far and the bottle hadn’t landed on me. Joe’s turn came up and the bottle landed on Lea who was seated next to me and he looked a little too disappointed. I feel kind of bad. He’s been so sweet and flirting with me the whole night but he’s not really my type. On the plus side his flirting seemed to be getting under Darren’s skin a little.

“Spin that bottle!” Lea said hugging me

I laughed at her enthusiasm “Okay okay”

I gave the bottle a good spin and round and round it went. I was contemplating shutting my eyes to see who it would land on. I, at twenty two years of age, was a first time player at this game.

“I can’t look!” I said dramatically placing my hands over my eyes.

“No that’s good! Keep them closed.” Lauren said

“That’s a new rule now, the person spinning the bottle closes their eyes and doesn’t find out who they got until they get into the closet.” Dianna said. Everyone laughed and cheered in agreement and I could hear the bottle slowing to a stop until finally there was a big cheer from the rest of the group.

“Now you have to lead her in!” Dianna said.

I sat there with my eyes still closed and waited. A pair of warm hands pulled me up and guided me towards the closet. Once inside the closet I opened my eyes but it was still pretty dark and I could barely make out the person’s silhouette in the dark. I went to move closer to the person to see who it was but they backed up.

“How am I supposed to guess who this is if I can’t even get close enough to you.”

The mystery person shrugged. I stood there trying to make out who it could be. Then the mystery person started walking towards me until I was pushed up against the wall with their hands on either side of my head. My nose was filled with a familiar scent and I took a deep breath and then let it out.

“How did I know it would be you.”

“You sound disappointed.” Darren said. He was close enough now I could see he was pouting at me.

“Not at all.”

“Oh no?”

“I’ve been trying to get your attention all night you know.”

“Oh trust me I do know, but you don’t have to try. You walked in wearing that dress and I couldn’t keep my eyes off you.”

“Friends look, they don’t touch…” I said teasing him.

“Kiss me.”

“I don’t know if I should.” This time I wasn’t flirting. I was being honest, I really didn’t know if I should but God every part of me from my head to my toes wanted to. I want him more than anything.

Darren started kissing my neck and collar bone while still asking me questions.

“Why not? Don’t you want to kiss me?”

“Do you want to kiss me?” I said back my voice getting higher as he started sucking gently on the patch of skin just below my ear.

“I asked you first.” He whispered. Damnit, he was right.

“I just…I don’t know if it’s a good-“

“Tik tok, sweetheart.” He said and went back to nibbling on my ear. I could hear music playing again and the rest of the group talking. Then I heard a small click and a deep chuckle

“I don’t think they’re timing us anymore…” I reached for the door handle to find it locked and I heard Joey outside trying to muffle his laughter. Darren chuckled against my neck.

“Joey is such an ass.” I said trying to hide my smile in the dark.

“Joey is the best friend I’ve ever had.” Darren said and he pressed his forehead against mine. I could feel his eyes on me but I continued to stare at the collar of his v neck.

“Darren…”

“I want you”

“What?”

“I said I want you. Right here, right now.”

“I still don’t know..”

“Don’t tempt me.” He growled. Okay now my defense levels are being diminished. I mean the boy fucking growled at me.

“You’ve been tempting me all night flirting with all the other guys. God I wanted to punch Joe for having you with him for most of the night. You’re killing me..”

“I’m not trying to…”

“You’re teasing me…”

I finally got the balls to look up and I saw that he was staring straight back at me with those big hazel eyes.

“Do something about it.”

Darren didn’t need to be asked twice. His lips found mine in the dark and at this point I was pretty sober. Kissing Darren drunk might’ve been fun but this, this was ten times better. His lips were soft and warm and I couldn’t get enough of them. I decided to be a little daring and I ran my tongue lightly along his bottom lip. I felt Darren smirk a little before he opened his mouth to deepen the kiss and take things a little further. He placed his hands on my upper thighs and lifted me up so I was pressed against the wall with my legs wrapped around his waist. I started running my hands through his thick dark curls and he let out a breath of content through his nose. Darren moved his hands up a little and placed them on my ass. I started kissing him with a little more aggression and he gave my ass a firm squeeze causing me to moan loudly and embarrassingly into his mouth. He pulled back looking at me and asked a little breathlessly,

“What…in the name of all good things on this Earth…was that?”

“Grabbing my ass,” I breathed heavily, “is a really big turn on for me.”

“Oh my God, fuck me”

“Darren…” I giggled while still playing with his hair.

“Ugh I’m sorry but that is so hot, Jesus Christ.”

“Really?”

“Yes, if I grab it again will you make more ungodly noises?”

“Probably” I said and then I started kissing his neck and nibbling on his ear. I felt a shiver go down Darren’s spine.

“Sweet spot?”

“Mmmm”

“What else makes you go mmm?” I asked.

“Nails.” Darren breathed.

“Hot…”

“Yes you fucking are.” Darren attacked my mouth and started kissing me and grabbing me putting his hands where ever he could. He sucked on my tongue a little bit and I let out a small sigh. I bit his lip and snaked my hands up and under his shirt.

“Don’t you dare” he said in between kisses. I ran my hands down the length of his back pressing my nails against his smooth skin ever so slightly increasing the pressure I my hands travelled down.

Darren moaned into my mouth and he pressed his body hard against mine.

“You’re evil...” he said.

“And you love me.”

“And all parts of you too.” He said while giving my ass another squeeze. He went back to kissing my neck but I stopped him.

“Dar…Dar..Darren.”

“What babe?” he said into my shoulder. I could tell he was frustrated.

“I want…I want more than this.”

His head snapped up. Now I had his full attention.

“Again?”

“No I don’t mean that. I mean I want more than randomly hooking up in a closet. I want….” I stopped and bit my lip.

“What do you want?” he asked. Now or never right?

“You, Darren. I want you and I want to be with you. I have for a while and I haven’t said anything because I know you’ve had a really shitty past.”

Darren set me down but didn’t remove his arm from around my waist.

“Who told you..” he asked quietly

“Who do you think?”

“Joey’s an ass.” He chuckled softly

“He’s also the best friend you’ve ever had.”

“True.”

A few moments passed with neither of us speaking until I broke the silence.

“Darren…Dar I promise I will never ever do anything to hurt you.”

“I know you won’t…”

“I want to be with you.”

“I’m not sure if I’m read-“

“We’ll take it slow. There’s no need to rush, we have all the time in the world.”

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been someone’s boyfriend…” he said looking at me finally

“And it’s been a long time since I’ve been somebody’s girlfriend, but I can’t keep pretending that I just want to be your friend anymore.”

“I don’t want to pretend anymore either…”

I leaned in and gave him a tender, caring, kiss and pulled away while placing a hand on his cheek.

“It’s you and me, we’re in this together…and we’ll figure this out together every step of the way…what do you say handsome?”