Status: slow updates

Ice

Gui

" You are not happy to see me?" Gui smirked. 

I held back the urge to scream. 
" Non. You should go crawl back to whatever dark lonely hole you came from. "

" Tsk. Tsk. Tsk" he clicked, shaking his head. 
" Oh bella, that wounds me. " he teased, holding a hand over his heart. 

I rolled my eyes, moving to turn around and leave when his hand clamped over my wrist. 

I let out a shaky breath and looked up at him, into his dark eyes. 

Not like Kris's eyes. 
No. Kris's were warm and sultry. 
But Gui, no. His eyes were dark, and cold, and evil. All reminders of a life I used to life. 
All horrible things. 

I whimpered," Gui. Let me go."

His grip began to hurt. 
I was pulled closer to him.
" Who do you think you're fooling, ma chere? This goody two shoes, sweet, perfectionist persona. It is not you. No. I know the real you. I bet he doesn't. " 

Footsteps down the hall signaled Kris's return and I finally pulled away from Gui. 

I opened the fridge just as Kris turned the corner, and handed him a water. 

" Thanks babe. " he kisses me quickly, taking a drink. 

He then eyes the other male in the room. 

" Bonjour, Je m'appelle Kristopher. Et tu?"

Gui smirked," Guilliame. " 

Kris nodded. 
" And uh- what do you do?"

Gui's dark eyes landed on me, and I squirmed, taking Kris's hand. 

" I repair cars." 

Kris nodded, throwing away the now empty water bottle. 
" You ready?" he asked me. 
I nodded, eager to leave the house. 

" Henri! We're leaving!!" I yelled as we left. 

A long groan from the coach signaled his response. 

I shut the door behind me with a sigh. 

Kris kisses my neck affectionately, holding me in his arms. 

" Are you alright?" he asked. 

I looked up at him, nodding. 
" Just tired"

•••••••••

" - and then my grand mere lot the candles, but I didn't see, so I came running around the corner, Luc chasing me,and right into the table. 
The candle knocked over an hot wax spilt all over the ham." Kris shared. 

We were telling stories of our youth. 

I let out a laugh, " And Luc? Did he get in trouble as well?" I asked. 

Kris's bright smile dimmed to a frown. 
" Yes. He did. Papa made him clean it up too. " 

I sighed," I'm sorry. I know
It's hard for you to talk about him b-"

Kris cut me off with a kiss. 
" No. No. I'm fine. I just miss him. " 

We walked in a comfortable silence through the park, holding hands. 

" What about you? Growing up with Henri? How was that?" 

I smiled sadly,"It was....lonely."

Kris frowned, " How so?"

I sighed," Henri was the pride and joy. He was smart, and had lots of friends, he did well in everything, an I-" I chuckled," Well I was none of those things." I spared a look to Kris. He was watching intently. 

" Growing up In the shadow of your perfect brother- it was not easy. I was always getting into trouble for attention- and all it got me was pain. " 

" And now?"

I smiled," Things are good now. I'm a better person than I was. We halve a very close relationship. My brother is very important to me. He's the only family I have left. " 

Kris stopped us to sit on a bench. 

" What about Mario, and Nathalie?"

I shook my head,"It's....complicated, with Mario. " 

" Why? He is your godfather, is he not? Did something happen to cause you to be so cross to him?" 

I nodded, looking off in front of
Where we sat. 

" He was best friends with my father. And I hated my father. So much. He caused me do much pain. And Mario- Mario was the one-" I choked on some tears, Kris wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him," Mario was the one who found me, one day in warehouse. I was tripping in something- Acid, I believe, and I was drinking, and there was a man, well, a boy, uhm, some things happened, and he hurt me- the boy- an left me there to bleed. To die. "

Kris tightened his grip on me, and I could see his jaw tense as he waited for me to finish. 

" And I wanted to. Oh, i wanted so bad to end it all- everything. End all the hate and pain, and not have to see how much of a failure I was in the eyes of my parents...but I didn't. Mario found me.  He brought me to a hospital. 

I couldn't force myself to forgive him. I had wanted to die but he wouldn't let me. He forced me through rehab. He tried to make me press charges against G- the boy- but I wouldn't. Because deep down I didn't want to. As much as he hurt me, I thought I deserved it. 

And to this day, every time I see Mario, I'm forced to remember. Remember all those things I've tried to forget."

" Does Henri know?" Kris asked.

I shook my head, eyes watering. " No! No. He was away at college. We never told him. I didn't want him to be
Disappointed in me. " 

Kris shook his head, kissing my temple," He's your brother, Aury. He loves you. He deserves to know. " 

I looked down, frowning," I know. There's a lot of things he deserves to know. Things I can't tell him. I don't want him to hate me Kris, he's my brother, mon frere. I can't have him hate me too. "

There was a silence. 
" How are your girls doing? With their skating, I mean?" Kris changed the subject. To which i was grateful for. 

I smiled," They're doing great! Superb! I have full confidence that we'll place this weekend. Will you be there? Come to the competition" I asked him. 

Kris smirked,"Well I do t know, eh, I might have to check with my other girlfriends, see who's more importa-"

I smacked him in the arm, laughing. 
" There you go, thinking you're a player."

He smiled," Just kidding. I'll be there. You know I will. What time?"

" Eleven. At the Civic. " 

He looked up, doing the math in his head. 
" I'll be over as soon as practice get out. How bout dat?"

I nodded, snuggling into his side. 

This is all too perfect. 

_______________

A few hours later, the four of us ( Kris, Henri, Gui, and me) found our way into a cute little French bistro for lunch. 

" Eh Leelee, look! Cherry clafoutis!" Henri pointed out. 

I gasped," I haven't had any since Maman made them for the-"

" Oui! At that dinner at-"

" Yes! I wonder if they're good here, or of they're like-"

" Mme. Gudrais. I know. Eck. T'was 'orrible!"

We both laughed. Kris shook his head, laughing. 

I reached next to me and placed my hand on his thigh. 
" Whats so funny?" 

He smirked," You two. Are you always like this?"

Henri and I looked to each other. " Oui" we chorused. 

" Kris! Let's get the clafoutis!" 

He nodded, " Gui, you in?"

Gui had been strangely silent, but he nodded. 
" If dere 'alf as good as your maman's, it will be worth it. "

I looked to Kris," Maman was the best cook. "

He nodded, put down his menu, and leaned forward. 

" So, Henri, Gui, how long are you in Pittsburgh for?"

Henri finished drinking his beer, and sighed," Only until Saturday night.  I have to get Back to my restaurant."

I pouted," But that's only two days" 

He shrugged. " C'est la vie"(that's life)

I rolled my eyes. 
" Egoïste. " 

" Putan"

I gasped," Bastard!"

" Woman"

I groaned, tossing my bread roll at his face. 

He caught it mid air, bringing it down for a bite. 

" What a beautiful relationship you two have" Kris teased, kissing my cheek. 

" You 'ave no idea" Gui muttered. 

I kicked him under the table, receiving an innocent look. 

The waiter came and we ordered. 

I leaned against Kris and watched as the boys conversed. 

What's to come?
I don't know. 
But I have my brother, and my love. 
Not even Gui can ruin this. 

___________

Kris POV

I ran my hand along Aury's bare arms as we lay in bed that night. 

" You know," I cleared my throat, catching her attention,"As happy as I am for you to see your brother, I am a bit upset he chose now...." 

She rose a blonde eyebrow, sitting up in bed, strap on her silky nightgown slipping down. 
" What do you mean?"

I smirked, placing a kiss on her neck, and then her collarbone. 

" Well, mon belle, the whole plane ride home, I envisioned all the ways I could...apologize to you, tonight" 

She giggled, biting her lip.
" Henri sleeps like a rock, nothing wakes him up." she whispered, crawling on top of me, straddling my waist.

I held her hips in place with my hand, rocking her slightly as we kissed, her fingers running through my hair. 

" What about Gui?"

She stopped the kiss, pulling away, and I caught a glimpse of a dark, angry glean in her eye, but she quickly covered it with a mischevious, wanton glimmer. 

" Let him hear"