Status: slow updates

Ice

Luc

" Looks like you two will be the proud parents of a little...boy. It's a boy. Congratulations. " the doctor smiled.

I let out a shaky breath, trying not to cry.
Kris squeezed my hand, leaning down and kissing me deeply.

" Luc" I whispered to him.
He nodded, face serious and blank.
" Thank you. He would be honored. "

I kissed him once more, and then Dr. Colbert cleared his throat.

He spoke up, " Now. Let's clean you up, and I'll give you two a moment together while the ultra sound pictures are processing. "

We nodded, an waited as the doctor wiped off my skin with a cloth.

He stood, nodding goodbye and leaving the room.

I sat up on the table, paper crunching under me.

Kris moved the chair to sit in front of me.

He slowly place his hands on my still exposed stomach.
" Bonjour, petit Luc. Je t'aime. Je t'aime beaucoup. " he whispered.

I smiled lightly, observing the tender moment.

" Big strong hockey player, huh?" I teased.

He chuckled, running a hand through his hair, " I'm still allowed to be happy."

I nodded, " Yes. You are." I laughed.

" Help me off?"

Kris nodded, grabbing my hand and helping me down from the table.

I pulled up my pants and pulled my shirt down, sighing.

" I'm hungry. Do you want to call your parents and we can all get some lunch? Maybe call Vero and Marc?"

He shrugged, adjusting the cap on his head. " I guess. Sure" he pulled his phone out of his pocket and we left the room, heading to the nurse's desk.

" Mrs. Letang! Here!" A nurse called from behind me.

I turned to see her holding an envelope.

" Here's the pictures. I printed out 5." She smiled.

I grinned, " Merci. Good day. "

Walking back to Kris, who was on the phone, I handed him the envelope, signing my name on a few papers.

When I finished, I smiled to the lady at the desk and squeezed Kris's elbow, getting his attention.

He looked down at me, " - oui. Oui. Alright. See you then." He hung up.

" Done?"

I nodded, " So?"

" We're meeting them at Primanti's"

" Alright. Well, let's go. " I nodded towards the door.

Kris entwined out fingers as we walked out the door an down the hallway to the lobby, then out to the parking lot.

" I want...pickles" I muttered, clicking my seatbelt.

Kris paused, looking over at me as he went to start his car.
" Pickles? You hate pickles,"

I narrowed my eyes, agitated.
" Well, I want them now. Do you have a problem with that?"

His eyes widened and he shook his head, " No. No. That's fine. Whatever you want. "

I grinned, looking out the window at snow covered Pittsburgh, thinking ahead to the future.

30 Minutes later>>>>>>

I smiled at Marc and Vero as we walked into Primanti Brothers, them already at the table.

" Salut!" I greeted, hugging them both.

" Bonjour. "
" Bon"

Sighing I sat between Kris and Vero.

" So...let us see! De baby picture!" She squealed.

I heard Kris laugh as I pulled the sonogram pictures out of my purse.

" Uhm...." She muttered, inspecting the black and white image.

Marc leaned over her shoulder to get a look.

" That's 'is head. 'is spine, elbow, foot." I pointed out.

Her eyes widened, " Yes! Of course! How cute! What is it?"

I smirked, " I'm not telling you yet. You'll have to wait. "

Vero pouted.

" But, Aury! I want to know!" She whined.

I opened my mouth to respond when I heard someone clear their throat.

We looked up to see Christiane an Phillipe sitting down at the table.

" So would we" Kris's mom grinned.

I could see where he got it from.
Kris looks jut like his mother.

" Well, you'll all find out tomorrow...after the game. I'll cook a big dinner, and you can invite the team. " I said, looking to Kris.

He nodded, confused, " You don't have to cook for them you know, they'll show up on their own. "

I shrugged, looking at the back wall for the menu.

" Oui. I know. But I want to. I need something to do during the day while you're gone. "

" I'll help" Vero added.

Kris nodded, satisfied.

I showed Kris's parents the sonogram pictures and watched as they inspected them.

Christiane leaned into my ear.

" He's a big boy, yes?"she whispered, knowing from the picture what the baby was.

My hand dropped to my stomach, resting on the large swell.

" Oui" I grinned.

Kris held my hand under the table the whole time, thumb rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

#####################

" I still don't understand, I mean- I don't care either way, but why all these dinners? This isn't like you." Kris stated after we got back home.
He sat on the bed and watched as I walked around the room.

But that got me.
" Isn't me?What do you mean this isn't me? What aspect?" I asked harshly.

He shrugged, jaw clenched, looking down," It's nothing. It's just- I didn't know you would be doing all this- I hope you don't think you have to be some silly hockey wife, like some of the other WAGS"

I rose an eyebrow, " Some silly hockey wife, huh?" I scoffed, " I know I don't have to do all of this! Did you ever think that maybe I like it?! I like to cook! I like to host! I like your friends! I've never really had any....I just want them to like me. "

Kris frowned, grabbing my hand and pulling me close to him, " Ma cheri, please. The guys love you. You feed them, how could they not?" He teased," And you have Julia, too. And Vero. "

I shrugged, " Perhaps. I haven't spoken with Julia in a while. She's been so busy. And Vero, she's great,I guess. I just feel like I've missed out on so much, by staying so focused on my career when I was young, I never got to have fun. That's all"

He nodded, kissing my hand.
" Just don't overwork yourself, yes? You and Luc need to rest. "

I grinned, leaning down to kiss him.

Me and Luc.
Kris, Luc, and I.

A family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soooo sorry it's been so long. School is killing me.