Status: Done! Read the sequel to see what happens!

If You Can Keep Me Guessing

"Boys, raise your glasses. Girls, shake those"

We made our way around to all the tables to thank people for coming. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that Alex was always smiling at me. I walked by him and kissed his cheek then walked to my dad.

"Hi again Dad."
"Hi Elizabeth. You look beautiful. Your mom would be proud." 
"Today isn't about mom, dad. It's about Alex and I. If she was proud of me, she would be here." 
"I understand. I see I hit a nerve but can I ask why I didn't walk you down the aisle?"
"I wasn't sure if you were here or not. But thank you for the dance. I have to go but can you promise you'll call more? And visit more?"
"Sure. I'll try my best." he nodded. I knew he didn't mean it.
"Or at least send me your address so I can visit you." He smiled when I suggested this. I hugged him and kissed his cheek and watched him leave. 

Then, someone came up behind me and wrapped their arms around me but I knew it wasn't Alex. We just stood there for a minute while I tried to figure out who it was.

"Okay I'm stumped. Who are you?" The person let go of me and I turned around to see it was Vinny with the rest of the guys. We started laughing and I hugged them all.
"You looked great Liz." Flyzik said.
"Alex is lucky. Look at you right now! You're perfect!" Vinny said as he spun me around.
"I do what I can." I laughed. "Thank you guys for coming! It means a lot to me and Alex."
"Are you kidding? We wouldn't miss this for anything! Open bar!" Danny said and they all cheered. We made our way back to the dance floor and Alex came out of nowhere and hugged me.

"Hi pretty girl." he smiled.
"Hi husband." I smiled back.
"Did you see my parents yet?"
"No I was making my way over there right now. Come with me?" 
"Sure." He took my hand and walked me to his parents. 

"Hi Mr and Mrs Gaskarth! Thank you so much for coming!" I smiled.
"Oh please, you're part of our family now. Call us Peter and Isobel." his mom corrected me. I smiled and nodded. They both hugged me and said they loved the ceremony.
"Where's your honeymoon going to be?" his dad asked. 
"Alex won't tell me," I shrugged. "He's keeping it a secret." 
"I knew he was a romantic. Well have fun, sweeties. We'll let you two go party." 
"Thank you! And thanks again for coming!" I laughed.
"Bye mom. Bye dad." Alex hugged them both. I gave him a minute with his parents and walked to the bar and got a small glass of water. 

"Excuse me what did you just order?!" Zack yelled. Everyone looked at me.
"Water...?" I said.
"Who drinks water at their wedding! Get this girl a shot of something!" Rian chimed in. All I could do is laugh. They handed me a shot of tequila and the face I made was probably a good one because they all laughed. 

"What are you making my wife do?!" Alex came over to us.
"If I have to do a shot so does he!" I yelled.
"You did a shot?" he was shocked. I usually just drank beer and mix drinks. Never shots.
"Yep. Your turn." I handed him a shot. 
"No problem." he did it with ease then dipped me back and kissed me. I laughed. Then someone said it was time for cake. 

"If you get any cake on this dress, I will... I will not smile for a week." I whispered.
"Yeah okay."
"I'm serious!" I hit his arm playfully and we laughed. Then we both held the knife and cut the cake. We got small pieces. Alex looked over at his friend for a second and as he turned to look at me, I wiped cake across his face. Everyone laughed and cheered. 

Alex took his piece, pushed my hair out of my face a little, and put cake all over my face. I couldn't help but laugh and that made him laugh. He put his plate down and the photographer took a couple pictures. Alex leaned down to me and kissed me softly, then wiped his face all over mine. I screamed a little but it turned into a laugh. I grabbed a napkin and wiped off my face then grabbed another one and wiped off Alex's. 

"We've been married for a few hours and I already have to clean you up." I laughed.
"It's because you love me. Don't deny it." he smiled. I just shook my head and finished wiping off his face and kissed him. 
"I'll be right back." I found Cass and walked to the changing room. 

"Even with cake all over your face you're still gorgeous!" Cass said. 
"Really? Can you help me get the rest off?" 
"Sure!" she nodded. She wiped the rest off and redid my makeup. 
"Thank you for everything Cass. You've been a huge help."
"No problem! It's good to have another girl in this group of friends that gets all the guys jokes. If Alex married anyone else, I'd be pissed. You're the only girlfriend of his that I actually really like."
"Aw thank you." I smiled when she finished and hugged her. "Now let's go party!" We walked back to the party and saw all the guys dancing. 

One of my favorite things in the world was the way Alex danced. I loved how he swung his hips, held his hands in the air, and looked so cute. I just stood back with Cass, Taylor, Rian, and Zack. 

"It's so funny to just watch them." Cass said. We all agreed. Jeff walked over to me and pulled me off to the side. Something seemed off.

"Jeff, what's wrong. I don't like the look on your face." 
"Its your dad. He needs to talk to you."
"Right now? Why?"
"I don't know. Just go see him." he pushed me in the direction where my dad was. I walked over and opened the door and saw my dad.

"Dad what's wrong?" 
"Elizabeth, please just stay calm. I have two things I have to tell you." He said. I hated his calmness lack of urgency. I felt someone put their hand on the small of my back. It was Alex.
"Alex, give us a second. Dad what's going on?"
"Alex can hear this. He's in our family now."
"God damn it dad! Just tell me!" I exploded. I instantly felt bad, but what do you expect? He's hiding something.

"Elizabeth, just listen to me. Your mom called me. She wants to see you and meet Alex." 
"I don't want to see her. And I don't want her to meet Alex. She walked out on us once, dad. We both know I could never put myself through that again. I don't want to see you go through that again. Tell her no." I put my hand on my hip. 
"Liz, maybe shes changed." Alex mumbled.
"No! She will have nothing to do with my family. She walked out on us. That to me means she wants nothing to do with us! People don't change, Alex. They just don't." I walked away from both of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again to all the readers and subscribers!

Love & rockets