Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Harder now that it's over.

"Hey baby girl, are you ok?" John asked sweetly once she finally answered the phone. He had called her several times already and if she wouldn't have answered he would have sent someone over just to check on her.

"I guess." She stated causing him to sigh. He knew she was sugar coating things for him. It had been almost a week since Garrett broke up with her and if the boy was a disaster he could only imagine how she really was.

"You don't have to lie to me, you know?"

"I know..." She whispered as she fell back onto the bed with a sigh. She hadn't left her house since it happened. Of course she was hurt. She loved the boy and if anything she really didn't understand where he was coming from.

"We should arrive home tomorrow some time. Can I come see you?" He asked. He hated that she felt the way she did. He wanted to at least try and make it better.

"Yeah, if you want." She mumbled.

"I do. I'll call you tomorrow. Get out of bed, yeah?"

"Shut up. Goodbye John."

The boy chuckled, "Later."

He hung up and threw his cigarette to the ground as Pat arrived at the van ready to go.

"Talking to Leah?" The small boy asked and John simply nodded.

"How is she?"

"Fucking sad of course." He grumbled as the others arrived throwing their things into the van.

"Who's sad?" Kennedy asked as they all climbed in to leave.

"Leah." He responded not bothering to hide anything even for Garrett's sake.

Garrett's eyes shot up at that, "You talked to her?"

"Why is that so surprising?" John asked the boy who seeemed to be just a shell of the person he once was.

Garrett shrugged before relaxing in his seat. It was surprising because the girl hadn't returned any of his text or phone calls although he didn't even know what to say to her if she did.

He had never missed someone as much as he missed her. His chest physically ached because of her. He sighed and shut his eyes trying to rid the feeling he now had.

"I'm going to see her when we get home." John stated just to get under Garrett's skin. He couldn't help it. He disagreed with the boy.

Garrett tried to ignore his words as he placed his head phones on. He was not going to give in to John and start an argument. Although he surely wanted to defend himself.

John of course kept to his word and once in sunny Arizona he drove to Leah's house around noon. He didn't bother knocking since he knew she was the only one there. Of course he regretted not doing so as soon as he opened the door.

He stared at the girl wide eyed as she continued crying on the couch. He had never seen her cry and it took him off guard to do so.

Tears streamed down her face as she glanced over at him.

"Are you ok?" He asked and he watched her pause what was on television as she wiped her eyes.

"No. This show is so sad! I mean, he didn't even get to tell her he loved her and now she's dying and he's crying and I hate Grey's Anatomy!" She shouted and he let out a laugh of relief.

"You're crying over a show? You're such a girl." He chuckled as he sat beside her.

"Am not." She sniffled, "They've dated on and off forever and they both never stopped loving each other and she just told him last episode she still did and he was afraid to say it back and now he did and it's too late." She said as she unpaused the show and fell back into it's fiction.

"It's just a show..."

"No it's not. See what happens when you keep shit in?!"

"No, what? You are ironically in a plane crash with your 6 closest friends and the one you secretly love dies?" He questioned staring at the screen confusingly.

"No. See, you always think you have the time to say what you feel but what if time has other plans? What if time runs out?" She asked and he stared at the girl in thought. He liked having intriquing conversations with Leah. She made him think occasionally.

"What if the time you have left is only enough to say what you feel and you have to live with the 'what if' if you would have said something earlier you know? I mean, if he would have told her he loved her when she said it at least he would feel ok knowing she knew how he truly felt." She said staring at the paused screen and John sunk further into the couch.

"Wise words, Leah." He finally spoke and she nodded, "Happens occasionally."

He grinned as he moved his eyes to hers, "Want me to put this in Garrett's dvd player?"

She stifled a laugh and stared blankly at the screen. Just the mention of his name made her stomach erupt in butterflies.

"He misses you." John whispered, although he wasn't on Garrett's side he didn't want her thinking it was her fault.

She shrugged as the show came to a end and he sighed grabbing up the remote and turning it off giving her no choice but to look at hm.

"Do you miss him?" He asked and she rolled her eyes, "What do you think John?" She asked annoyed that he would even ask that. He watched her get up from the couch and he groaned as he followed her up the stairs not sure where he was going. They ended up in her room and he fell onto her bed as he watched her apply makeup in the mirror.

He didn't bother speaking, he knew she would talk when ready and his patience seemed to kick in around her. She oddly made him feel comfortable.

"Of course I miss him. I love him. It's hard not to." She finally said softly.

"Maybe you should talk to him. Maybe seeing you will do him some good. I mean, he's says he is doing this for you, but we can't handle moppy Garrett much longer. The kid's miserable. Make him watch that show with you. Have a good cry together." He joked with a grin and Leah actually let out a small laugh, "Uh, no."

"Come on Lea, look, come to Kennedy's tonight. We are having a small gathering. You said so yourself, what happens if you run out of time? What if you never say what you want to him? Whether it be mean, or nice, or angry?" He asked throwing her own logic back at her.

She sighed and turned to face the boy. He did make a valid point and she did have some angry words she wouldn't mind vocalizing to the boy.

"What time?" She asked and a grin lit his face, "I'll pick you up at 8 sharp. How does that sound?" He asked happily. At least he was getting her out for a bit which he figured she needed.

She simply nodded knowing she would probably regret the decision once she saw Garrett.

John left her house a bit later and headed over to Kennedy's to tell the others to prepare for Leah to come.

"So she agreed?" Kennedy asked with a raised eyebrow and John nodded before taking a sip of the beer Kennedy had sat in front of him.

"Do you care?"

"What? No. I like her of course, I just, you need to tell Garrett. I mean, you know him, I don't want him to have a panic attack in a crowd of people."

"True..."

"Yo! Yo!" Pat yelled as he walked in with Garrett and Jared behind him. The spastic boy fell onto the couch by Kennedy and John let out a laugh.

Garrett lazily threw himself into a chair. Unable to seem excited or to feel anything besides the numbing sensation he had replaced Leah with.

"Leah's coming tonight." Kennedy spat out and Garrett instantly sat up, "What?"

"Yeah. She's coming."

The boy groaned throwing his hand over his face. One look from her would all it would take for him to be begging her back. Telling her how stupid he was and how he loved her so.

"I can't come." He finally stated and Jared rolled his eyes, "She's not coming to see you. You need to suck it up. I mean, she probably already thinks you hate her!"

"I don't hate her." He grumbled and John rolled his eyes, "Well come because if she shows up and you aren't here she's going to think you in fact do hate her."

Garrett didn't respond as he let his head rest on the chair. He could never hate her. Surely she knew that. Surely she knew how much he truly loved her.

"I don't know if I can see her without having a fucking breakdown." He grumbled and Kennedy spoke, "Then be with her Gar. Just be with her! You're miserable, she's miserable...I mean, I get that you think you're doing the right thing, but are you really if it's hurting the both of you?"

Garrett let his eyes wonder to his hands resting in his lap as Kennedy's words sunk in.

"Gar, what if she died tomorrow and you had to live the rest of your life wondering if she really knew if you loved her?" John asked using Leah's own words to effect him.

"She's not dying." Garrett grumbled.

"Maybe not, but things happen you never dream of. What then? Why can't you just live in the moment? Be with her. You both love each other. That should be enough. Some people don't even get the opportunity to do that."

The guys all looked at John with complete confusion.

"Where in the hell did that come from?" Pat finally asked and John shrugged, "Leah. She's a smart little girl."

Garrett sighed and began to mess with his hair, "I think I've royally screwed up." He grumbled.

"Yeah, you have and yet she loves you. She'll forgive you. Go home and shower dude. You look like shit. Oh and shave, I don't know how she'd feel about that facial hair you're rocking. There is a reason why she is not dating Kennedy." John joked and Kennedy shot him a look causing the boy to laugh.

Garrett forced himself up and he mumbled a goodbye as he headed to his car. He would do this for one reason and one reason only. He loved Leah. He loved her so much he couldn't handle being without her anymore. A week without speaking to her was making him insane and he couldn't imagine going any longer.

But he also didn't see her being as understanding and forgiving as John assumed she would be. No, he knew Leah and if anything, he felt as if he was preparing for a war he knew he wouldn't dare give up until he was the one winning. He was planning to give it all he's got. Then again, for her there wasn't much he wouldn't give or do.

He just had to prove it to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was definitely watching Grey's Anatomy when I was writing this...haha. such a nerd...anyways!

Thanks to everyone who commented and sunscribed. :)