Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 15

Fiona’s POV:

“So, you’ve successfully given away all the flowers. Can we talk now?” Gavin asked, nodding toward the cafeteria doors. I followed him out, watching my feet. I really didn’t need to be tipping over a stray apple or untied shoelace. Besides, looking at my feet was a habit; when you have two left feet, you pick these kinds of things up.

I leaned against the wall, waiting for him to begin. I was pretty sure I had a good idea of what he wanted to talk about, but I waited nonetheless. He took a deep breath, shoving his hands in his pockets.

“I don’t want to be friends with Julia Reynolds. Trust me, I ran with that scene in my old town. It looks fun, but really, inside that seemingly tight-knit group is tons of drama, backstabbing, and heartbreak. Julia may seem like the perfect girl, but I know for a fact she’s not.” He began. “I’ve heard the horror stories about that chick. She’s a hot mess underneath all that makeup.”

I couldn’t look at Gavin. I couldn’t comprehend his hesitance toward Julia. She was like the golden girl of the school, she could get Gavin anything he wanted. He could have the best senior year, but he chose not to. And for what? For the girl who’s been completely exiled from popularity? The girl whose only bid was a sarcastic comment?

“Fiona.” He said softly, capturing my attention. I crossed my arms as I looked up at him through my eyelashes. “How about me and a couple of my guys go out with you and a couple of your girls this weekend?”

I flipped my hair nervously, giving my best confident smile. “Sure. Sounds fun.”

Gavin’s face looked relieved, like he’d just been released from a chokehold. I could see his stance was more relaxed and less rigid now as he swept his hand toward the lunchroom. “I’m starved.” He said breathily, a wide grin spreading across his face.

***

“I’m home!” I announced into the house as I dropped my backpack by the door. I kicked my shoes off and slid out of my coat, leaving them behind as well. I ventured into my house, looking for my mom. Not in the garage smoking, not in the living room reading: must be in her room. And when I peeked into her room, there she was, reading a book.

I stepped into her room, giving her a smile. “Hi.”

“Hello, Kylie.” She replied curtly, taking a sip of her root beer.

“How was your day?” I asked, trying to lighten her up. It worked most of the time…

“How do you think it was?” She snapped, looking back up at me from her book. “Same as always.”

Well that didn’t work. I took a deep breath, preparing to ask her permission to hang out with Gavin this weekend. Lame, I know, but after my brother, she had to know where I was at pretty much every moment.

“Hey, mom.” I started. “Can I hang out with Gavin this weekend? He’s the one I did the atom project-,”

“I don’t care.” She said, as if it was obvious. “I was going to ask you if you wanted to watch a movie over the weekend, but I guess not.”

“Well I didn’t know.” I defended, shrinking back at her tone. “We can still do it. I’m not going to be gone all weekend.”

“Whatever.” She replied, picking her book back up.

I laughed in disbelief, walking away angrily. It was so frustrating living with someone who suffered from Bi-Polar because you never know what kind of mood they’ll be in. It was worse when I was younger because she also suffers from anxiety. I’d ask her if I could go somewhere and she’d come up with an excuse as to why I couldn’t go. My childhood was basically fucked.

I went into the kitchen, looking for something to eat. I found a box of hot pockets, so I grabbed one and put it in the microwave. More microwave food, fantastic.

I heard my cell phone ring over the hum of the microwave and I dug it from my picket, checking the caller ID. My stomach flipped as I pressed the phone to my ear.

“Fi?” His voice rang grainy though the speaker.

“Asher.” I replied, a smile crawling across my face.

“I’m coming home.” He stated, a smile shining through his words.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to re-post, which means I lost all my comments from before the contest. I'd love if you guys could re-comment.. but only if you love me.

~Kylie