Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 38

IMPORTANT! Go check out a sneak peak of my other story I've been working on. Clicky! And then maybe subscribe if you want to know absolutely the minute I really start posting. And maybe leave a nice comment so others will feel incline to read? I'm not trying to guilt you or anything. But seriously.

Fiona’s POV:

It was my turn to visit the Reid house. I didn’t have a pressure like meeting-the-boyfriend’s-parents-for-the-first-time kind of thing because I’d already met them and knew they were lovely people. Now the Uncle Garrett on the other hand, not so much.

Gavin picked me up and we chattered aimlessly through the entire car ride. It was relaxing aside from the little voice in the back of my head that kept bringing up the fact that this dinner was to ‘discuss matters’, as Mrs. Reid said. I was a bit nervous about what she meant by that. Did she want Gavin and I to separate? Was she going to try to convince me not to keep the baby?

Whatever it was, I’d still brought a peace offering: a picture from my last ultrasound.

I took a deep breath, jamming on the door handle and winging it open.

“Take it easy.” Gavin chuckled, but I could tell he didn’t really think it was funny. I forgot that this wasn’t anything like my mom’s piece of crap car. You have to treat it gently.

“Sorry.” I replied, giving a sheepish smile.

“I know you’re just nervous.” He said, swooping down and kissing my cheek. I smiled as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and led me up the steps to the front door.

“Fiona.” Mrs. Reid greeted, giving a giant hug. Gavin stepped out of the way to let her in, and to my surprise, Mr. Reid followed. He gathered me up in a warm embrace, dress shirt softer than expected. His cologne was a bit overpowering, but I smiled and hugged him back.

“Nice to see you.” I said to both the parents.

“Don’t look so nervous, hon.” Mrs. Reid smiled. “We’re not going to try to convince you to get rid of the baby. That is entirely up to you.” I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Come, sit.” Mr. Reid said, motioning to the sitting room beside him.

I followed Gavin in and sat next to him on the scratchy couch, his parents sitting across from us. This seemed so business like, which made me nervous, even though I knew it shouldn’t have.

“We would like to discuss finances.” Mr. Reid explained. I was still a bit confused, but I let him go on.

“Technically, this baby is part of our family as well.” Mrs. Reid continued for him, clasping her hands in her lap. “So we’d like to invite you and your family to come stay with us at least while you’re raising the baby. We’ve got so much room in this giant place, you’d barely even know we were living together.”

“We really just want to make up to you all the harm our son caused you.” Mr. Reid went on. “We’d also like to pay your medical bills and anything else you’d need.”

“I’m touched.” I admitted, smiling broadly. “But it’s not your fault Gideon did what he did. And he apologized… sort of.”

“It would help to put our minds at ease.” Mrs. Reid replied. “And I’m really excited to have a grandbaby.”

“Mom.” Gavin groaned, slapping both hands over his face.

“It’s okay, my mom’s the same way.” I whispered to him.

***

“What about this one?” Lune Mae asked, stepping out of the dressing room. Nicholas and I gasped. She did a twirl, the fabric perfectly showcasing her petite frame. I smiled as Nicholas ran after her, sweeping her up princess style.

“It’s perfect.” He replied, spinning, making the dress fly around.

Gavin came back in from the bathroom, sneaking up behind me and snaking his arms around me. I got all tingly.

“Let’s go look some more.” He suggested, breath blowing on my neck. It was like when you come inside after walking in the snow, and it made me shiver.

“I don’t think I really want to go anymore.” I admitted, cringing.

“Why not?” He almost whined.

“Because I’ll be showing by then.” I explained, then added, “Like, to the point where I probably won’t be able to hide it.”

“Who cares?” He asked, resting his head on mine.

“I do.” I said. “People will get the wrong idea. And I don’t know how I feel about squeezing into a dress.”

His hands glided up and down my stomach, leaving a trail of goose bumps. I reveled in the feeling until a pain shot through my skin. I clutched my stomach, sucking in a breath.

“Are you okay?” Gavin asked, removing his hands quickly. He walked around to face me, peering down as my face twisted.

“I think it just kicked.” I said. Nicholas and Luna Mae were long done with their moment as they rushed over to see what the matter was.

“I’m fine.” I assured.

“I got a reaction out of the little bugger.” Gavin smirked, running a hand over my belly again. He got down on his knees, placing a hand on either side of my growing abdomen. He stared it down determinedly and I laughed, but he didn’t lose his focus. “Hey. It’s me, your… well Gavin.”

“Ow.” I withdrew in shock as the baby kicked again. “Please stop.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know it hurt that bad.” He apologized, eyes sincere as he stood back up, towering over me. He planted a light kiss on my cheek and placed a hand on my back.

“It’s okay.” I replied, sucking in a breath as the baby began kick boxing with me.

“Can I… Can I feel?” Nicholas asked. I nodded and he looked to Luna Mae, who also nodded, looking at him like he was stupid.

He took the position Gideon was in and placed a hand over my belly button. I watched as his face changed from concentration to amazement while my insides got murdered. “Whoa.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! I'll love you forever. But you don't have to if you don't wanna. I mean.. I only spend lots of time writing for you. It really lifts my spirits when I get those alerts.

Sorry about the late update. I've just been in a weird place where I want to write, but I can't. It's not like writers block.. it's different. I really enjoy writing Fiona and Gavin, but then I wonder if they're being too cute. Maybe? I've been getting down on this story lately because I feel like I've been just cranking out chapters. I dunno.

Anywayyyyy.

Song of the day:
Jack's Mannequin - Hammers And Strings
Because it helps me sleep sometimes. You may not like it at first.. but give it at least two tries. It will grow on you. Like fungus. But something pleasant.

~Kylie &lt;3