Status: Something New

Damon Salvatore Is A Monster.

Adrenaline

The heavy scent of blood got stronger as I neared the maintenance doors, until my eyes reached a blonde girl crouched over a man. Being sure I was hidden in the bushes, I inched forward until I could see the whole bloody attack. The girls face was twisted with hunger, her eyes bloodshot and pulsing, dark red blood smeared all over her face. The young black man lay motionless beneath her, obviously dead while she drained every last drop from his body. My body was rigid with fear. I knew there were vampires in this town, but I had no idea I’d come across one on my first venture into town.

The girl lifted her head with a gasp, her fangs glinting in the bluish service light. I watched in a horrified stupor as the veins below her eyes dulled and disappeared, her fangs fading back into her mouth. Her shoulder were slumped in despair as she curled up a foot or two away. Suddenly, a man swept in from nowhere and stood beside her. He was moderately tall, dark hair and had piercing blue eyes... and dashingly handsome.

The girl was silent for a second, before she shakily said, “He’s dead... I killed him.” The meaning of that sentence seemed to sink in and she started to hyperventilate. “What’s wrong with me?” She gasped.

“Hey... hey, it’s okay” assured the man, placing his hand on the blonde’s shoulder as she started to sob. “I can help you.”

“You can?” She gasped, tears still in her eyes.

“I have to.” The man replied, a small smile on his face. Something about him made me anxious. I couldn’t put my finger on it at the time, but there was something in my instincts that told me to get away from him.

“What are you going to do?” She asked, looking down at her knees.

“The only thing I can do” He replied, tucking a golden lock of hair behind her ear, that same deceitful smile playing on his face. “I’m going to kill you.” It was just then that I noticed the long wooden stake in his hand.

The blonde girl back away from him, panic in her tearful eyes. “Please don’t... I don’t want to die.”

“Yeah, but you’re already dead.” He taunted her, that smile never lifting from his face. There was sadism in his voice. He was seriously enjoying this.

“No, I’m not! Don’t say that, okay? Just help me, okay? Just help me, please!” She argued.

“Okay, okay!” He said, showing her his hands and pulling her into a hug. “It’s gonna be okay... it’s just the only way.” He said, hugging her with one hand and raising the stake with the other. I was about to stand and shout no, but there was a blur and suddenly there were two more people here and the man was on the ground.

They talked about someone named Katherine for a bit, the blonde girl, Caroline according to everyone else, steadily spiraling into a panic attack.

“No, then why did she look like you, and why- Why did she do this to me?” Caroline yelped.

“Stefan, we’ve got to get her inside” Said the long hair brunette to the handsome guy who saved Caroline.

“It’s alright Caroline, come with me” Stefan said, reaching for her hand.

“She will die, it’s only a matter of time.” Said the dark haired stranger.

“Yea, maybe so, but it’s not going to happen tonight.” Stefan retorted, pulling Caroling towards the school.

“Oh yeah, it is.” He said glaring and with blinding speed that could only belong to a vampire, he reached down, grabbed the stake and flashed towards them, stake raised to kill. The long haired brunette shielded Caroline with her own body and the man hesitated.

“Damon, she’s my friend.” She said, staring up into his face, her chest heaving with adrenaline.

The stake slid a bit in his grasp and he brought his arm down. “Whatever happens, it’s on you.” He said, stepping back. Another girl stepped in, her face stricken with disbelief. She grabbed Caroline’s arm and drew back with horror. Then she noticed the body and a wave of grief swept over her. Stefan whisked Caroline inside, and Damon grabbed a shovel.

I wanted nothing more then to disappear back into my new little cottage, but I didn’t move a single muscle. Damon was a vampire and I had no idea what the other two were... I had no desire to let them know I had witnessed the entire scene.

“I can’t believe this is happening” Said the dark skinned girl.

“Come on, don’t pout about it.” Said Damon, the shovel leaning on his shoulder. “We’ve got a body to bury.” He walked closer to the corpse. “Sucks to be you, buddy.” He said disrespectfully, amusement in his tone.

The dark toned girl began to shake softly with rage and Damon suddenly bent over in agony, shouting in pain. It looked like he was experiencing the same thing I had last night when I heard that ear splitting sound. The watering hose attached to the wall suddenly sprung to life, water spewing out onto the concrete as Damon crumpled to the ground in anguish.

“I told you what would happen if anyone else got hurt.” She said, glaring down at him.
“I didn’t do this!” Damon screamed, his hands clutching his head

“Bonnie, it wasn’t his fault.” Said the long haired brunette in his defense, the water creeping closer and closer to his writhing body.

“Everything that happens is his fault, Elena.” Stated Bonnie. Suddenly the surface of the water bursted into flames, rushing toward Damon.

“Bonnie, what are you doing!? Bonnie, stop it!” Elena shouted over the leaping flames separating her and Bonnie. The fire burst onto Damon’s pant leg, the flames instantly covering his body. “Bonnie stop it, you’re going to kill him!” Elena shouted as Damon flailed on the ground screaming, trying to pat out the flames. She ran forward and jumped over the flames, shaking Bonnie out of her trance.

“Why, why did you stop me?” Snapped Bonnie, yanking her wrist from Elena’s grasp.
“Because this isn’t us, Bonnie, this can’t be us.” She said, hugging her friend. Bonnie took one last look at Damon, gasping in pain on the ground, then turn and walked into the school with Elena.

My body was slowly coming back to it’s senses now that the danger had passed. The fact that I met a vampire loathing witch and a sadistic vampire on my first day here told me I might have picked the wrong town to move into. Damon was still panting on the ground, slowly rising to his hands and knees. As slowly as I possibly could, I backed up, trying to silently exit the bushes and blend back into the carnival.

A loud snap echoed from my hiding place when my foot broke a brittle twig. A split second later, I was sprawled out in the grass, Damon pinning my arms and legs to the ground as he crouched on top of me. Instinctively, I struggled with all my strength, but I was no match for him. My heart raced in my chest as I watched Damon’s face twist into the monster inside, blood rushing into his eyes, fangs sprouting from his mouth. He smelt like burning flesh and hair, his skin bloody and burnt where the flames engulfed him. Pure undiluted panic shot a newfound strength through my body and I started bucking against him. I actually managed to unseat him, surprise taking his face.

Despite my adrenaline rush, he was still stronger than I was. Damon grabbed a handful of my hair and wrenched my head backwards, my neck creaking painfully. I saw his mouth open wide, his fangs long and razor sharp, before they disappeared into my throat.

His other hand clapped over my mouth, muffling my long scream of pain. I started mauling him with my nails, tearing his shirt and leaving huge gashes in his skin. His hands tightened in my hair, his fangs ripping deeper into my neck. I could feel the wounds I inflicted on him healing under my fingertips as he swallowed gulp after gulp of my blood.

Suddenly, Damon let me go, wrenching his fangs out of my throat and running his tongue down my neck. The second he released me from his grasp, I scrambled away, getting grass stains on my knees.

“You’re something different... your blood...” He said panting, blood still sliding down his chin as he got to his feet. “I’ve got my eye on you.” He said with a devilish grin, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Be seeing you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, another chapter. Couldn't resist, I'm pretty awake right now, despite the fact i have to get up in 5 hours. Please let me know what you think, I really appreciate the feed back. Happy reading :)