Status: Something New

Damon Salvatore Is A Monster.

Survivor

And as suddenly as the attack began, I was alone. I slowly and shakily got to my feet, looking at my surroundings. The corpse was gone, as well as everyone else. Everything seemed muted and distant, my vision blurrier. I clasped my hand over the bite on my throat, trying to stop the blood flow. I needed to get home. Now.

Avoiding all the people enjoying the carnival, I stumbled to my truck. Blood was oozing through my fingers and I was starting to feel light headed. I climbed into my truck and dug around trying to find something to stop the bleeding. I found an old black bandana and tied it tightly around my throat.

I was about to start the truck when the reality of what just happened hit me. I started it shake and hyperventilate, panic and fear coursing through my veins. A strangled sob escaped my lips and the tears began to fall. Near death experiences can have that effect on you. Finally, the last wave of my panic attack subsided and I felt calm enough to drive away. I started up my truck and slowly made my way home.

I was never more relieved to be home than I was when I unlocked that front door. The second I was in I locked the door and the windows, making sure all my curtains were drawn closed. Once I felt a secure, I grabbed a mug and went to the fridge. My hands were still shaking and my body was tired. I guess that’s what happens when you get fed on by a vampire. I grabbed a bottle of blood and poured some into the mug. My neck gave a sharp stinging twinge, so I went to the bathroom to get a better look.

My face scrunched up with pain as I untied the bandana and peeled it from my throat. I gasped in surprise when my eyes met the bite in the mirror. The skin was red and irritated around the deep vicious wound. Gnarled flaps of skin oozed thick dark blood where Damon’s teeth ripped through my flesh.

I threw open the cabinet under the sink and grabbed some peroxide and a hand towel. “Glug, glug” went the brown bottle as I poured the clear liquid into the towel. As gently as I could, I dabbed the bite, watching the peroxide foam wildly when it made contact with my skin. Once I had mopped up all the blood, I took another good look at the mark. I had a perfect dental imprint of Damon’s mouth ripped into my flesh.

My body ached for more blood, so I took a deep swig from the mug. I could feel the blood slide down my throat and rush to the surface of my neck, beginning to healing the wound. My vampire heritage sped up the healing process. It would scab over completely in an hour or so, and fade to nothing within a day. I didn’t scar either, cuts and scrapes healed and disappeared like they were never there in the first place.

The blood had already coagulated, the irritated bloody holes now a dark burgundy. I slapped a dinosaur bandaid on it and stripped down to my underwear, leaving my blood stained clothes in a heap on the bathroom floor. Downing the last few gulps of blood, I rinsed out the mug and headed for the bedroom. My ears were perked to pick up the slightest sound outside, but all was quiet and peaceful. If Damon was going to be keeping an eye on me, it looked like it wasn’t going to start until tomorrow.

I crawled into bed, wiggling under the fluffy comforter, feeling the warmth. Slowly and calmly, I took in a deep inhale and let it out with a sigh. My muscles unraveled, my body finally relaxing after being so tense for so long. I was exhausted and sore, but most of all, ready to crash. The light in my consciousness switched off, and I instantly drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this ones a little short, TVD was on and it was hard to concentrate. Post more soon. Enjoy!