You Give Me Hope

Do You Remember

Brittany-

I was sixteen and they were eighteen and seventeen. We were at the lake house for the weekend. It was just me awake. I quietly walked toward the door and grabbed my beat up black converse before stepping out the door. I pulled the sweatshirt Jack had given me tighter around my small frame. The sun wasn’t up yet, it was still somewhat rising however. I couldn’t sleep much after last night. Just a few hours ago Jack and I sat out here.

We were lying under the stars and moon. In the stillness of the night we lay there silently. There was just something about when Jack held me in his arms that felt right. I didn’t know what it was though. I’ll admit I always had a soft spot for Jack. He was the hot older brother’s friend. Yeah, we were all friends. But he was more Rian’s friend. He was the only one of his friends to actually acknowledge me. The one who would talk to me in the middle of band practice. The one who would beat up an ex boyfriend if he broke my heart alongside Rian. Jack and I would even sneak out together for our usual midnight ice cream runs. Rian never seemed to care how much time we spent together. Hell, I was even Jack’s prom date his senior year.

“What do you want for your birthday Jacko? You’re finally eighteen.” I looked up at him.

“I don’t know. There is one thing. But she doesn’t see anything in me. And not to mention she’s kinda off limits seeming as how were best friends and she’s my best friend’s sister.”

“What is it and who is she?” I sat up and looked at the skunk haired boy.

“Just this girl. I’d give anything for her. I really like her. Fuck, I think I might even love her. But it doesn’t matter. She wouldn’t feel the same anyway.

“Oh Bear… Any girl would be lucky to have you.” He sat up and hugged me. Just as we pulled away, his dark chocolate eyes caught mine. He glanced at my lips then back to my eyes. Slowly, we leaned in and met half way for a soft kiss. His tongue pushed against my lower lip begging for entrance. I gave in. It started out slow and sweet before quickly becoming hot and heavy. He pushed me back down gently as he hovered over me. His kisses trailed down my jaw line and to my neck. He stopped at my sweet spot before nipping and sucking at it, leaving his mark, causing a slight moan to escape my lips.

“Be careful, Rian might see it.” He smirked against my skin.

“Your- room?” He asked in between kisses. I nodded and he picked me up to my feet and we went to my room. Just as we entered the room, he shut the door and connected our lips again in yet another heated kiss.

---x---x---x---

“We should go out there for breakfast and before they see you’re not in your room with the guys.” He nuzzled his nose in my neck, in that affectionate Jack way.

“Mm.. But I’m comfy.” He whined and nodded. I sat up with my blanket covering my bare chest and slid my shirt on. I finished changing as he slipped his boxers and pants back on.

“No one can find out. Especially Rian.” I said to him as we fixed our hair.

“I know.” He looked at his feet sadly. Before we reached the door, he pulled me in for a quick kiss. “It was fun though. Like last year.” He gave me a playful wink.

“I’m glad you were my first.” I mumbled against his lips.

“Mine too.” He kissed me once more.


I awoke in a bright white room. I groaned as the faces became clearer. My “family” and “friends” were standing around me. I heard my step mother say something before leaving the room. Jack and Rian’s eyes were fixed on me. I tried to avoid their stares as I looked over and saw my step mother walk back in with a nurse.

---x---x---x---

“You’re going with your brother.” My father said sternly.

“Oh you mean the brother that completely ignores me ever since his stupid band got signed? The one who acts like I don’t even exist?” I grumbled. We sat face to face with a therapist. Being stuck in a rehab facility sucks. I don’t want to be here.

“Brittany, it’s either here or with your brother and friends. We’re giving you a choice.” The therapist spoke with a heavy Russian accent. I groaned and pushed myself out of the chair before slamming the door behind me. I was sitting alone under a tree when the sun was blocked.

“What do you want?” I asked with anger residing in my voice. The person didn’t speak, only simply sat next to me. “What. Do. You. Want.” I repeated.

“To talk to you.”

“Rian, why bother? You have your band. My dad and your mom don’t want to deal with me. My mom never wanted me.” My eyes grew warm and my vision was clouded with tears.

“I want you to come with me. It was mine and Jack’s idea. We know you hate people. Maybe this could help you.” He sighed. “Do you remember the weekends at the lake?” I did all too clearly.

“Fine. Only because if I’m stuck here any longer I’m going to commit homicide.” I reluctantly agreed to go.

“Good.” He flashed a white smile. “And we need to talk.”

“About?”

“Oh… I dunno… The last two years! How my baby sister is doing.” I glared at him as if to say, ‘Really. You are that idiotically stupid.’. “But first. Tell me. When the fuck did you and Jack hook up? I mean Jack of ALL people on this planet. He was drunk and said you two, ‘made sweet, sweet love’ one night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! sorry its off to a bad start. it'll be better! i promise!