You Give Me Hope

Sometimes We’re Broken and Don’t Know Why

Jack-

Our tour started in a week. We were at Rian’s parents house helping Brittany pack. Well, I was mostly. Rian and Zack were going over plans and such, hiding anything sharp, she’s with someone at all times and so forth. Alex was going over the set list with Flyzik. Just as I closed her last suitcase, I noticed her staring out the window. It felt like I was being pulled by an unseen force. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her head.

“It’ll be okay.” I moved in front of her. “Barakat Pinky Promise.” I held up my pinky finger and she locked hers with mine.

“Barakat Pinky Promise.”

“Remember how we used to seal it?” I put my forehead to hers. Her eyes stared into mine. She let out a shaky ‘yes’ and I closed the gap between us, usually she would kiss back but this time she didn’t. I pulled away and looked at her with a look of confusion. She moved out of my embrace.

“What happened to your eye?” She was avoiding the subject of the kiss.

“Oh, that’s nothing. It was just a bar fight.” I ran a hand through my black and blonde hair.

“No, it wasn’t. Rian clocked him for sleeping with you.” Alex said through a mouthful of cookie. Brittany glared at me.

“I can’t believe you told him!” She screamed causing me to flinch.

“I was drunk, okay?!” I raised my hands in defeat. “I’m sorry… Okay…” Rian came in and sat on her bed. He gave me a look. I just shook my head before moving out of Brittany’s way. She put her suitcases in a cluster by the door.

“Mom and Dad said they’re going out. So you are coming with me tonight. We don’t want you alone.” He told her and she grabbed her camera.

“Whatever.” She muttered and walked out slamming the door behind her.

“Am I a terrible older brother?” Our friend looked at us with pain filled eyes.

“No, you’re not. She’s just- well- a difficult person. Give her time. She’s used to people walking out on her.” I gave him a small smile. Alex walked to her desk and held up some pictures.

“These are really good.” Under the stack were some of the band. There were a few of Alex and Zack. Then a few of me. And at the very bottom, a lot of Rian. There was one picture, it was a group shot of all of us that she took. Just as she took it, I kissed her cheek and RIan glared at me. He moved causing everyone to blur but us.

Brittany-

It had gotten late and I decided to head home. Or well, Rian’s for tonight. When I got home no one was there. Or so I thought. I walked to the back door and I heard someone call my name. I jumped and almost dropped my camera, until I saw Jack sitting in the tree house.

“Are you just gonna stand there or come up?” He laughed. “I’m lonely.”

“You got a hand right? Use it.” I growled. Jack and I slept together, yes. On more than one occasion too. It was just a casual fuck. Nothing more. But honestly, I didn’t want it to be. I loved Jack. I wasn’t anything to him. He got back down on the ground and walked toward me. I rolled my eyes before trying to find my keys.

“Why so bitchy?” He poked my side. “What happened to you? We were best friends.”

Were.” I moved away from him and inside the house. Only to be followed by him. I flipped on the light and set down my camera. “What do you want Jack?”

“My best friend back.”

“We weren’t friends. Just fuck buddies. You took my virginity and that’s all I ever was. A fuck buddy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
here's another chapter! comment for a chapter. i mean come on, these chapters dont suck THAT bad...