Status: DISCONTINUED

Brighter Than the Stars

Chapter 7: Bad Dreams

Zach' POV

I have been getting to know my sister- wow I have a sister... She is pretty cool actually. Last night we had stayed in the living room and we fell asleep. It was early when I had woken up, no one was awake so I just laid there.

"Zach..." Vic said

"What?" I asked

"Zach..." he repeated

"Zach, please!" he said louder

"Please what?" I asked

"Don't go! Please! Stay with me! Zach don't!" he yelled, I turned around and realized he was dreaming. I shook him until he woke up, Madeline had also woken up and she was looking at us.

"Relax." I told him softly

"Y- you died..." he said pretty freaked out

"I didn't die so just forget about that ok." I said

"I wasn't real." Madeline said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I just watched him die!" he yelled at her and my dad came running down.

"Who died?" he asked

"Zach, I watched him die." Vic said

"I'm right here and ALIVE." I said, "It was horrible." he whispered

"What happened?" my dad asked

"It was when Zach went to rescue me but when Zach attacked the guy instead of dropping the gun like it really happened he shot it... at Zach. The guy told Zach he could have me back so he pushed me down next to Zach and he shot him again. Zach wouldn't stop beading and I told him that he couldn't leave me but he did..." he explained to my dad

"Things didn't happen like that, you know that. Besides, you saw the guy drop the gun, so everything is fine." I said

"It is exactly because of that, that I didn't want you to go. What were we going to do if something happened to you? We could have lost you as well." Dad said

"I got Vic back right?" I asked

"We could have gotten our son back but lost the other one, forever." he said and I thought I saw his eyes water. I didn't know what to respond to that so I stayed quiet.

"Things were so much easier when you boys were little." he said sighing

"Tell me about your band." Madeline said changing the subject and I told her all about Allstar Weekend.

"Wow so I have two little brothers and one of them is famous." she said and I shrugged.

"Let's go out." Vic said

"Ok." she said and they turned to me.

"Please Zach." Vic said

"I don't know." I said

"You're no fun." Madeline said pouting

"Fine." I said. She wanted to know our favorite places to hangout so we took her all over town. Then she wanted to go shopping. Vic had actually been driving my car but I didn't care. She was riding in the front with him and they were talking but I stayed quiet in the back.

"You ok back there?" she asked me

"Yup." I said looking out the window

"You don't look so happy." she said

"Just thinking." I said. I have been wanting to talk to Kira and Cam but they always seemed to be busy. I'm not even mad anymore. Maybe they just don't care about me anymore. That's what I get for being such a jerk to them. We got to the mall and walked around and we ran into Michael.

"What do we have here? Zachary is out of his cave." Michael said

"Shut up dude." I said

"Let's have some fun. I'm going to get that wild side out." he said confident

"But I have to give my sister a good impression of myself." I said

"She can just look at our Allstar Weekend videos, at outerspaceallstar, or just type Zach Porter being... well Zach Porter." he said

"I don't even know what goes through my head when I do half the stuff I do." I said laughing.

"We're going dancing." Michael said pulling me by the arm into a store. We put on funny clothes and started dancing with the mannequins. We saw a lady approach us and we ran from her. We got back to our normal clothes and we couldn't stop laughing.

"Sadly we are related to him." Vic said to Madeline and shook his head. We all went back to my house and hung out there.

"I see you guys are getting along." Dad said

"Where are you going?" I asked

"You're mom and I are going out. Please take care." he said and then left with my mom. Kira just came down but she was talking to Michael. I'll just talk to her another time, if she ever wants to talk to me again. I was laying across the floor watching tv but not really paying attention.

"Are you ok?" my sister asked me and I nodded.

"Just tired" I said yawning.

"Did you have fun?" I asked and turned to look at her. I was getting really sleepy and my eyes started closing slowly.

"Yes I did." she said

"Do you like me as your brother?" I asked

"That's a silly question. Go to sleep." she said kissing my forehead. I smiled and went to sleep.

I was walking when all of a sudden someone came up from behind and threw me in a dark room. I was confused and didn't know where I was.

"You have 30 minutes to save a person you love." said a voice. The lights turned on and my family and my best friends were in tanks. I don't understand what's going on.

"You can only save one person, something horrible awaits who you don't save. Oh, I almost forgot, the room you're in will fill up with water as time goes by. Chose wisely." the voice said

"Please save me!" they yelled all at once. I ran up to one person then another. I tried breaking the glass but it felt like it was going to take me forever to break it. I found a shovel and I started banging on all the tanks.

"Zach save me!" they yelled. I don't know who to save. I ran around hitting all the tanks with the shovel trying to break then all. I stood in the middle and looked at everyone. I feel so overwhelmed.

"You don't love me?" they started asking

"I love you all, I can't chose!" I yelled. The water was now above my knees.

"What do I do?" I asked my mom

"Why do you ask me, you don't even want to save me?" she asked

"I do." I said

"Then save me." she said

"So you're going to leave me here?" my dad asked

"You're not going to save your oldest friend?" Kira asked

"Kira no, please." I said going up to her

"Oh I see how it is." Michael said

"Zach!" they all started calling out

"I hate you! I knew you were going to choose your friends over me! I hate you!" Vic yelled

"I hate you too!" Cam yelled

"Yeah, me too, you don't love me!" Kira yelled. No this can't be happening! The water was now up to me chest. Soon they all started saying they hated me and telling me what such a bad person I am.

"Make up your mind Zachary. Chose one person and it will all be over." the voice said. They all looked at me with pleading eyes and I stood there looking from person to person. Their expression hardened and they looked at me with hate. What do I do? The water was so high that I had to float.

"We hate you!" they repeated over and over. I can't take this anymore! It’s too much, I can't! Soon my head was the only thing above the water and I started to choke.

"Bye Zach" they said smiling

"No!" I yelled and the water started rushing in and I couldn't breathe.

Kiara's POV

Madeline and I were talking about Zach when he started tossing and turning. He had tears running down his face and we tried to wake him up.

"Zach wake up." I said. He looked like he was having a hard time then it looked like he couldn't breathe and it is making me scared.

"NO!" he yelled and sat up.

"Shh shh, it's ok." I said hugging him tight. He looked at me and hugged me even tighter.

"I couldn't chose, I'm so sorry." he said with guilt in his eyes.

"Chose what?" Madeline asked holding his hand.

"Who to save. I'm sorry I couldn't choose. Please don't hate me." he said and we made him explain what was going on.

"We don't hate you." I said. He started falling asleep again.

"Go to sleep." Madeline said and he shook his head. I softly started to sing him a song.

“I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why i need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is You

and the reason is You
and the reason is You
and the reason is You

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you”

"I'm sorry." he mumbled "For what?" I asked but he had already fallen asleep.

The next morning I woke up to me and Zach hugging each other.

"Are you ok?" I asked when he woke up.

"Yeah. I- I'm sorry..." he said

"For what?" I asked

"For not listening to you and Cam. I'm a bad friend. I'm sorry." he said

"No, I'm sorry. We should have told you." I said

"I should have let you explain. I took things too far. I was mean to you and Cam. Please forgive me." he said

"No, you forgive us." I said

"It's all in the past." he said

"So we're good?" I asked

"We're good." he said
♠ ♠ ♠
song credit: the reason by the hoobastank

Zach finally forgave them, took him long enough :P

plz vote for adub here: http://www.z104fm.com/pages/boybandbrackets.html