Life Happens

Trois

“Don’t stop we’re going to be late. I’m fine really.” Grace reasoned for the millionth time but, I knew her. She was freaking about meeting the guys and leaving for tour. She needed just a few minutes and a couple words to take her mind off it and I was hoping gas station treats would help.

“Come on let’s go inside,” I said, motioning for her to follow me inside the gas station. I turned around to see her reluctantly following me inside. I waited and held the door open for her, she was still unbelievably nervous. I could see it clearly written across her face. “Let’s get some road food, my treat.”

“Sunflower seeds and guava juice?”

“Whatever you want Grace.” I laughed, while the looks of nervousness practically melted off her face. I knew this would work, it always did. “You should probably grab some sleeping pills too. It’s kinda hard getting used to sleeping on the bus with the noise and movement.”

“I’ll be alright. I have my blanket.” Grace mumbled, while she was scanning the variety of mints that the store had to offer.

“Whatever you say Grace,”

~ ~ ~


“Are you sure you don’t want me to answer it?” Grace asked. Vic had called me practically a million times already. I didn’t blame him, I mean I was pretty late but, Grace needed to relax a bit before we met up with the guys. They could wait a few minutes.

“Nah, Vic is overreacting as usual. We’re practically here.” I said, hoping the calls weren’t making Grace nervous after I had just calmed her down. I mean, a nervous Grace is bad for everyone involved. I didn’t want the guys to get the wrong idea about her ‘cause Grace was great once she let you get to know her.

“Whatever you say Mike.” She smiled while she put my phone back into the center console. As if on cue, I turned the corner and saw the bus parked in front of my parents house with all the guys surrounding it. Vic was pacing, fuck I might as well pull my ear plugs out right now.

“So this is it?”

“Yeah, I’ll grab the stuff real quick. Then we’ll head inside the bus.” I said, hoping to get Vic’s yelling over with before I introduced Grace to the guys.

“Thanks for coming on time Mike. I really fucking appreciate it.” Vic growled, once I got and started to take the stuff out of the back of my car.

“Whatever man, I had some things to deal with. Just drop it.” I said, trying to unload as quickly as possible. I hoped Grace wasn’t hearing any of this, it’d only put her on edge.

“You knew what time you were supposed to be here. We were supposed to leave more than an hour ago.” Vic said, he was going to drill into me for the sake of it. We both knew we had more than enough lag time in the schedule.

“Tone, you think you can give me a hand with this stuff?” I called over my shoulder, I could see that he was clearly enjoying the spectacle Vic was putting on. “Put them in the empty bunk on the bottom of mine.”

“Grace! Tony has your bags, he’ll show you your bunk.” I called. She nodded and got out of the car and walking towards the bus. “Alright, sorry bro. I just had some things to do with Grace before we left. Relax we’re here now. Let’s go.”

“Whatever man.” Vic mumbled. I grabbed the last of the bags, tossed them over my shoulder and walked towards the bus.

“Let’s get the fuck outta here.” I said, walking onto the bus with Vic right behind me. He was still pissed but, he’d get over it in a few. Vic sat down with the guys in the front lounge, I walked to the bunks to put my bags in my bunk. Grace wasn’t in the front lounge with the guys, so I pulled back the curtain on her bunk. She wasn’t there.

“They’re dating?” Someone yelled, I knew they were talking about Grace and I. Fuck, they were acting like this was high school.

“Grace?”

“I’m in here.” She said, while her head popped out of the bathroom door. “This bus is soooooo cool.”

“Yeah, I know.” I said, watching her scan the entire bathroom area, I assumed she hadn’t seen the back lounge yet. “I’ll show you the back lounge.”

“There’s more?” She exclaimed, looking back at me. “This place is practically a hotel on wheels!”

“Never really thought of it but, I guess it is.” I laughed, motioning for her to follow me further into the bus. The back lounge was always my favorite place to hang, it was always quite back here opposed to the front lounge.

“Can I just live here forever…” She trailed off, plopping down on the chairs and pillows and closing her eyes. “This is just sooo great.”

“See! I told you that you’d love tour.” I said, sitting down next to her. This was going to be a great tour, I could already tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well now that we have the first three parts out of the way, the next parts will be mostly from Grace’s pov. There might be a few Tony or Mike parts here and there. Anyway, get excited. I have no patience whatsoever, so updates will come pretty frequently.

Ah, I have so many ideas for this story. You guys seriously will not be disappointed. As always, leave me some constructive criticism. I really wanna know what you guys think about this so far. Have any suggestions?