Set It Off

Stay With Me

Heyley's POV

"What time is it?" I asked Josh.

I saw him part his lips to answer me back when I felt my phone vibrate. I took it from a secret pocket this dress has provided me with.

I unlocked my phone to see Zack has texted me.

*Where are you?

I quickly replied to lie and said I asked Josh to help me to my house to get my purse. Hoping he wouldn't recognize that it took us a good 2 hours to get a purse.

*Oh, okay, hurry up and get back here.

I slid my phone to my pocket to see Josh smirk and look to the floor.

"What?"

He was smiling and just shook his head.

"You're weird. C'mon, the guys want us to go back."

My feet were heavy, I think Josh noticed it and held my hand.

As we arrived, Jaime headed our direction bringing us each a glass of wine.

"Whatever happened to your hair?" He asked as he handed me a glass.

"You know I'm not used to my hair all tied up. Do I still look human?" I asked.

"Course you do, you still look like a star you know."

I blushed.

I caught Zack's figure at the corner of my left eye.

"I see you let your hair down. You look lovely." He said and gave me a hug.

"Whoa, guys, what the hell is up? I'm still Hayley. No need to go all formal. Creeps me out." I put the glass back to the nearest table, shocked to see they were grinning at me when I came back.

"Seriously guys. Stop."

Jaime said he'd go check out some chicks, and Josh went to the bathroom leaving me and Zack alone.

Miserable at best started to play.

"Oh my god. I love this song. Come on let's dance." Zack said as he offered me his hand. Even though past midnight, it was still his birthday party, so I couldn't refuse.

We walked to the dance floor and faced each other. He was wearing a periwinkle colored polo shirt with it's two first button undone and black pants. He looked good in them.

"Uhm, how? I mean. I'm wearing flats." I said. This is so embarrassing.

He tapped my back looking at down suggesting I step on his feet. I didn't bother knowing I wasn't heavy. At all.

He moved his hand to mine and placed them around his neck. I could feel his arms wrap around my waist. It felt weird. But 'good' weird.

"Let me guess, you want to tell me something? You have a problem?" I asked, I can imagine my face full of worry.

"No, I'm fine. Just, let's just stay like this for a while. Please." He pulled me closer to him. His body was warm. I couldn't pull back.

"Sure." I whispered as I rested my right cheek to his right chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's too long D: