Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Sweet, Sweet Interview

Chapter 22: Sweet, Sweet Interview

"You two are so gross." Harry grumbled after Zayn and I kissed for the umpteenth time.  I rolled my eyes.

"Says the boy who almost always leaves his boxers in the fridge. Why do you leave them there, anyway?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That was one time!" Harry protested. I shrugged.

"Told you she wasn't going to let you live it down." Louis said with a grin.

"She's like a more evil version of you, Lou." Liam pointed out. My mouth dropped open and I put a hand up to my chest as I acted offended.

"Why must you hurt me with your words, Liam? Throw him in the arena to be eaten by muttations!" I exclaimed and fake sobbed into Zayn's chest.

"I knew I never should've gotten that book." Louis murmured and I turned to look up at him.

"You! What district are you from?" I asked him in a snotty tone.

"Apparently, not the district of raging lunatics." He answered which made me glare at him.

"Throw him in the lab so they can experiment on him!" I hissed and pointed at Louis.

"You can never be a role model for children." Liam said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and huffed as I snuggled into Zayn's side. Said person grinned and kissed my temple affectionately.

"I can't help it if I'm a fan." I mumbled indignantly as everyone chuckled.

Right now, we're on our way to the boys' first interview in LA. I think I was more excited about the food that they'll be serving us than the interview itself; granted that I won't be included in the list of the poor suckers to be interviewed.

"You're obsessed with the book. I bet my entire month's salary that if we see Josh Hutcherson a.k.a. Peeta Mellark, you'd go fangirl on him. Maybe even kiss him which will result in Zayn getting upset and you apologizing for your actions." Louis stated. I rolled my eyes and mocked him.

"I already have my Peeta Mellark right here, you fat lump of a brother. The boy with the Pita bread.." I said with a giggle.

"And you're my little Catpee Evergreen. And, yes, I spelled that as C-A-T-P-E-E." Zayn said in a teasing manner which made me pout.

"How come I get a completely gross altername!?" I whined aloud which made all of them laugh at me.

"What in the bloody hell is an altername?" Harry asked.

"It's a character's alternate name. Like, for example, Louis William Tomlinson. I can dub him as Louisa Wilma Tomlinsina in my sick, twisted universe. That would be Louis' name if he was a girl." I stated which made the boys don fascinates looks on their faces.

"Girl-ify my name!" Niall piped up.

"What's the magic word?" I sang.

"Die, bitch?" Niall asked which made me burst out in complete, loud, raucous laughter.

"No. It would be 'PLEASE'. Besides, that's two words." I pointed out.

"Mine, too.. PLEASE!" Harry all-but-screeched which made me laugh.

"Fine, fine. I'll girl-ify your names for you." I said with a grin.

"Niall, yours would be.. Nellia Janelyn Horina." I stated. The boys all laughed and i shook my head before thinking up a girly name for Harry.

"Haz, yours would be.. Harriet Edwina Styla." Afforementioned person chuckled and then nodded in acceptance at his girlified name.

"Liam.. Leann Jane Paynee." I said with a laugh. Everyone joined me and then we all turned to Zayn.

"Well, what's mine?" He asked with an upbeat tone which lifted my mood even more despite the subtle pain in my abdomen due to my period.

"Zamia Janelle Malik. I'm sorry, but your surname is just so hard to girlify.. Since it's gonna be mine soon enough." I said with a wink which made all of them, bar Zayn, whoop with a teasing edge. 

***

"Send him in the arena!!" I yelled as Zayn ran along with the boys in the hall.

"Never, you evil little witch of a sister!" Louis answered which made me exaggerate a gasp and eventually choke. They all stopped to laugh as I coughed.

"You guys are so mean." I gasped out through coughs which made them laugh even more. I glared at them and noticed Liam go over to the dispenser and fetch me some water. He slinked over to me and handed me the cup of cold water. I put it up to my lips and gulped a quarter of it down.

"Thanks, Daddy D." I said with a smile on my face.

"Green room in five minutes, guys." Paul stated which made me glare at him.

"You always forget that I'm a girl." I whined.

"Okay. Guys AND GIRL, green room in five minutes." He corrected himself which made all of us chuckle.

So, Zayn trudged to the green room with the boys. Me? Well, I just enjoyed the ride. Insert smiley face here. Haha. I'm one barmy lady.

"Behave, Lil. And try not to stuff yourself with food. You know how cranky you get when you're overly full." Louis said with a grin which made me roll my eyes.

"Will do, Lou. Good luck with the interview. Just be yourselves, and be honest. No use in lying to everyone." I said with a smile. All of them leaned down to my level on the couch and wrapped me in the middle of a group hug. After that, I kissed all of their cheeks, bar Zayn, whose lips I kissed.

"Welcome to the 74th Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" I shouted as they entered the conjoining booth. The DJ greeted them and they sat down. I could see them because the booth had a glass panel.

After a minute or so, the interview began. Paul gave me some paper and crayons as well as multi-colored Sharpies which made me laugh but thank him all-the-same. That's a very sweet thing of him to do; considering my boredom.

I remember what Lou said once: "As long as we have a place to sleep, colouring books and crayons we'll be fine."

That thought made me laugh quietly.

"Good morning, good morning, good morning!" The upbeat male DJ said into the mic. I surveyed them from my spot on the couch and grinned when I caught Zayn's eye. He waved and I blew a kiss at him which he pretended to catch and store in his heart. It was a sweet yet dorky gesture that had my heartbeat running a mile a minute.

The DJ then started asking them questions that would be asked in a normal interview; like, where they were from, what their hobbies were, and the like.

Then, he started digging deeper.. which somewhat irritated me. I mean, who was he to pry into the lives of my boys? I feel like an overprotective mother.

"So, Zayn, word is that you're dating Louis' sister," The DJ began. I couldn't help but notice the goofy smile that crossed his face. "How long have you two been together?"

"It's been almost two weeks. The best two weeks of my life." He said the last one smugly which made me blush and look away for a moment.

"She's actually here with us. You can see her right over there. Hey, Lil!" Louis said enthusiastically as he waved at me. I rolled my eyes at him but smiled at the DJ.

"Pretty little thing, ain't she?" The guy complimented.

"Please don't refer to her as a thing. She hates it when you objectify her." Zayn piped up which had me grinning.

"Well, I'm sorry, Lillian." DJ guy apologized. I wanted to strangle him, but I reigned that urge in and smiled at him instead. "Would you mind telling us more about Lillian?"

"She's one clumsy girl," Harry commented which made everyone chuckle. "When we were filming One Thing, she came up to visit us since her school was only a few blocks off. As she was walking up the hill, she slipped and came tumbling down."

"Lil sprained her ankle two days ago because she tripped on the sidewalk." Niall piped up which made all of them laugh heartily.

"And, one time, when we went to their apartment in London, she ran down the stairs and ran into the table at the hallway beneath the stairs." Liam shared which made me blush in embarrassment.

"What about you, Zayn? Any stories?" DJ guy asked. I started drawing six stick people on a sheet of paper; a girl strangling five boys with her hands. Then, I pressed it up against the glass before pointing to the boys and making a slitting motion with my index finger.

"Who's she gonna murder after this?" Louis asked.

"Probably you, mate." Harry answered.

"What!? I haven't even spoken yet." Louis defended himself. I made a circular motion using my finger while it was pointing downwards before pointing at them again.

"I think that means all of us." Liam stated.

"You don't think?" Niall said sarcastically.

"Guys, guys. Let's just cherish our last moments alive on this planet. Zayn, share away." Louis said somewhat seriously which made me crack a grin despite all my efforts to remain emotionless.

"Well, we were all walking in the park near Harry and Lou's house..this happened before we became an item, though. Lil and I decided to go off on our own; to explore. So, we did, and when we got to a lake, she just started screaming her head off. She then started jumping around while flailing her arms like a lunatic and just sprinted off. When she was a fair distance away, I ran after her and she tripped on a tree root which made the mud and leaves coat her dress. I called out to her but she didn't answer; she just kept running until she ran through the bushes and stumbled upon these lads. They all screamed in fright and once it everything was settled, I asked what made her run like that," Louis cut Zayn off.

"A frog. A frog made my sister act like that. We went to the lake and saw that the frog was the size of a small apple. From then on, we never bring Lil to any potential frog-homes." Louis concluded which made me glare at him. All of them laughed at my expense.

"What about you, Louis? What can you say about your sister?" DJ guy asked my brother.

"She's an evil and female version of me," everyone chuckled. "But, underneath that.. She's kind, and responsible, and smart, and everything a guy could ever dream of for a girlfriend." Louis said smugly which made me a bit teary-eyed.

"And I'm extremely lucky to have her. She puts out 140% of herself just to make others happy." Zayn continued which made me brush away a tear that escaped my left eye.

"She cooks great food! And everyone gets along with her. Even the grumpy old woman near my house." Niall piped up which made me brush more tears away.

"She always puts others first even though you don't always notice her efforts. She'll snap and whine and curse you to bits, but in truth, she's trying to help you out." Liam said softly which made me choke on a sob. These boys will be the death of me.

"Even though she hurts us verbally ad physically, we know that she does that because she loves us. Sure, she has a funny and weird way of showing it, but that's just how he is. And, she always knows what's best for us." Harry concluded.

"We owe most of our career to Lil a.k.a. Sister Direction. And, if you don't see us walking around town, feel free to assume that Lil has murdered all of us and stuffed our bodies in potato sacks or garbage bags." Louis bid and I shook my head as I wiped my tears.

They all exited the booth when DJ guy exchanged farewells and thank you's with them. Then, all of them ran up to me and enveloped me in another group hug.

"Damn all of you to hell." I said through sobs as I tried not to full-out laugh.

"We love you, too, babe." Zayn answered and pressed a kiss to my lips which made everybody fake gag.

"Could you two stop snogging for a moment? Like normal couples?" Louis said distastefully.

"I think Louis' just not used to seeing his baby sister snogging her boyfriend yet." Niall stated.

"You don't say?" I said sarcastically which made all of us laugh.

What a great start to a presumably wonderful tour. :) 
♠ ♠ ♠
Not exactly the best chapter ever.. But, meh..

xodangersbellaxo: thanks for the comment. :D I hoped for a bit more Layn action but I couldn't sneak the action into this chapter. Sorry. :(

I'll try to make the next one better. I promise. :)