Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

CHAPTER 56: Enlighten Me

As soon as my talk/cry scene with Liam was done, I tried to straighten myself out as best as I could. My hands automatically flattened my ruffled hair to my head, and Liam wiped the tear tracks from my cheeks before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Go on and tell him." Liam whispered before offering me a small smile and walking out of the kitchen with an apple in hand.

I looked at the clock that was hung on the wall and saw that Liam and I were here for a solid fifteen minutes. Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. Notice the sarcasm.

I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with cold water before taking a sip and wiping my eyes with the back of my hand then walking back to the living room and handing Zayn the glass of water.

"What took you so long?" Zayn asked as I smiled and sat down beside him.

"Nothing. It may have to do something with Nutella and a spoon." I lied; flawlessly, if I do say so my self.

"Really?" Zayn asked skeptically before turning back to the telly and just watching in silence. I looked at Liam and he subtly shook his head; silently telling me to not tell Zayn about our little talk right now.

I looked at Zayn from my spot beside him and noticed that his eyes held this coldness and harshness to them. For a brief moment, he set his gaze on Liam who was chuckling at something that Niall said.

"We're having pork steak and veggies for dinner." Mum announced as she bounded down the stairs.

"Zayn doesn't eat pork. I'll run to the grocer's and get something for him." I said with a frantic look in my eyes. How could my mother forget that Zayn didn't eat pork?

"I can come with you." Liam offered. I shook my head as I plastered a smile on my face. I was hoping that Zayn would offer to accompany me. After all, that is what gentlemen do, right?

But, I was met with his silence. And, my heart wrenched a bit as I looked at him and noticed his lack of interest. His eyes stayed glued to the telly where the channel was stuck on some soap opera, since Lou had stopped channel surfing to look at me.

"You want me to come with you?" Lou piped up. I shook my head; still not taking my eyes off Zayn who just sat there, unmoving.

I stood there for about a minute more until Niall slapped my thigh gently.

"Lil," He said with a chuckle.

"What?" I asked as I snapped out of my temporary daze.

"Harry and I asked if you wanted us to go with you." He said with a grin. I smiled slightly and shook my head before patting Duchess' head and looking at Zayn once more. The boys followed my line of sight and furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, but said nothing of it.

"It's almost dark out, come on," Lou said as he got up off the recliner.

"I can go with her, Lou." Liam stated before standing up and walking to stand next to me.

"We can take my bike." I suggested.

"You have a bike!?" Harry asked aloud.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Problem?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No." Harry quipped. I smirked and tugged on Liam's sleeve before dragging him outside. If Zayn wasn't making any effort to be a good gentleman, then, so be it. He can go fuck himself, for all I care.

Once Liam and I got to the garage, I grabbed my bike and pushed it outside before turning to Liam. He walked towards me and smoothed my creased eyebrows before pulling up the corner of my lips; making me smile. He was a good brother-from-another-mother.

"How will we ride this thing?" He asked with a chuckle.

"You can 'drive'. I'll take the back seat." I answered and hugged him tightly before we walked towards the hot ride that I called my bike. Liam sat on the white seat and helped me sit down on the metal-rail thingy that was at the back of the bike.

"I think I'm going to fall!" I shrieked as Liam kicked back the little anchor that the bike had. I hugged him tightly and rested my cheek on his back as he began to laugh uncontrollably. "Fuck you!"

"Hang on tight, you little bugger." Liam stated before pushing his shoe-clad-feet against the concrete and pedaling off as we laughed aloud. Little did I know, a pair of golden brown eyes were watching my every move.

***

When Liam and I got home, I immediately went to the kitchen and started preparing Zayn's special dinner: Baked chicken with veggies. And, for dessert, I made Nutella toast. Yeah, that's not dessert, but, my Nutella toast has vanilla ice cream and chopped strawberries. It can be either breakfast or dessert.

During dinner, though, all my efforts for Zayn's meal went unnoticed by the man who ate it all. He didn't even say a thing during dinner! He never thanked me for cooking a different meal for him. Nothing. And, it was irritating me to no end.

I trudged up to mine and Zayn's room with an angry look on my face right after I finished eating what little my appetite let me eat. Then, I slammed the door, only to hear it open after a few seconds, and slam again.

Looking over my shoulder, I hastily wiped the angry tears that rolled down my face as I glared at the man who caused them; Zayn. He stood there with an irked look on his face. His eyes were cold as steel, though there were still that warm, golden brown color. I looked away from him and continued glaring out the window before crossing my arms over my chest. I bit my bottom lip to keep the sobs in, and let out a shaky breath to steady my self.

"You've got no right to be angry." Zayn muttered darkly before walking past me and entering the en-suite bathroom. I whirled around in complete rage before grabbing him by his forearm and anchoring him in place.

"Oh, you've got some spunk to say that! You're the one who's been ignoring me all day; acting all angry about something I don't even know! And, you're not the one who went out in the cold night to buy something for her fiancé... while said fiancé didn't even accompany her to the grocer's! And, to top it all of, said fiancé didn't even thank her for the special meal that she put so much effort into making!" I shouted at him; jabbing his chest hard with my index finger with every word that spewed out of my mouth as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Well, I'm not the one cheating on my fiancé with one of his best mates!" He snapped back at me. His eyes were ablaze that when I looked into them, my blood ran cold.

"What!?" I hissed at him.

"You and Liam! The kitchen? Or are you just trying to play dumb!?" He asked me with this incredulous expression as he spread his arms out in a fit of rage.

"We were just talking!" I shouted at Zayn.

"Talking about what!? How to elope to some place that I won't ever find you!? Go on, enlighten me. Or is it between just the two of --" I cut him off.

"I'm pregnant with your child, you bloody bastard! Liam was trying to convince me to tell you soon! And, I would have told you after we had hot, passionate sex tonight... but, you just had to go and act all snobbish and ruin everything!" I shouted at him, shoving him once in my anger.

He stood there with his mouth agape. His fingers were twitching at his sides, and his breaths were very deep. His eyes connected with mine as I glared at him through my tears, and I saw those beautiful golden brown orbs soften with each passing second. Suddenly, Zayn rushed forward and cupped my face in his hands before crashing his lips down on mine.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? When did you find out? How far along are you?" His questions came out rushed, as a smile lit up his face.

"I found out when mum told me yesterday. I'm 14 days along. I didn't tell you.. because I was scared that you would back out and leave me and the baby." I said; still irked at him for accusing me of adultery.

"I would be stupid to let you and our... little bugger go. I guess you deserve an apology. I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating on me with Liam." He said softly; a pleading edge accompanying his tone.

"Apology accepted." I mumbled.

"Oh my God... I'm going to be a dad," He whispered in realization. I smirked and nodded. "I'm going to be a dad!" He said aloud before racing to the door and opening it before yelling, "I'm going to be a dad!"

I smiled and laughed quietly when he slammed the door again and turned to me before pressing his lips to mine and then racing over to the window where I was earlier. He pushed the glass open and poked his head out into the cold night.

"Vas happenin', Doncaster!? I'm gonna be a dad!" Zayn yelled clearly into the outside world and I placed a hand on my lips to silence the oncoming laughter.

He looked back at me with so much love and adoration floating in his eyes, that I could drown in it. Then, he closed the window and walked back to me before bringing his arm around my waist and pulling me close to him before placing his lips upon mine in a sweet kiss that literally took my breath away.

"I love you so much, Lil." I smiled and kissed him again in response.

To say the least, his enthusiasm shocked yet enlightened me at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lil's Outfit

Here's Lil's bike

Ohai, guys.. :D I just got home from the embassy.. I meant to post this up while I was there since they had free WiFi, but I got called to the front desk as soon as I was done with typing it up.

Btw, if you're looking for something awesome to read.. here's Your Reason to Be by xodangersbellaxo. It's an awesome story in the making. :D

xiheartonedirection Thanks for the lovely comment.. :D Welcome to the fanfic I dub as Narnia.. haha..

grl_lk_moi_320 That was my plan.. :D Great minds think alike.. ;D

yellowroses Welcome to Narnia.. :3 And, please.. stop it.. you're making me blush... haha..

xodangersbellaxo Thanks for being my confidante for this chappy.. :D And, thank you for talking to me while I waited in line at the bloody French Embassy.. :D

Well, toodles my lovely potatoes.. I need to brush Duchess' hair.. :D Please tell me if you liked it or hated it.. I really do like comments.. and, they make me update faster.. Seriously. ;D