Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Chapter 70: Date Night

"Lil, I-" Zayn said softly before shutting his mouth again. My heart thumped wildly in my chest and my palms began feeling sweaty.

"What?" I whispered; afraid of what he was going to say.

"I'm sorry," He mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and desperately tried to find anything in Zayn's eyes that would give me even a clue of what was going on in his mind.

"For what?" I asked softly; placing my hands in his cheeks so as to make him face me properly.

"For having past girlfriends, for not reserving myself for you, for fancying other women, for loving them.. or thinking that I loved them. But, Lil, I promise you, you're the only one that I've ever loved like this-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist and drew me closer to him. Tears fell from my eyes; tears of joy. Who else would have the nerve to admit what Zayn just did? Only a handful of people will own up to their regrets.

"It's all in the past, babe. What matters is now... and forever." I murmured and kissed the tip of his nose.

"Forever," Zayn whispered tentatively as he wiped my tears.

"Forever." I answered him.

***

After a really joyful lunch, Zayn and I went up to his old room to pack up for our trip to our flat in London.

"Love?" Zayn asked as I zipped one of my two bags up. I smiled up at him in acknowledgement. "Ed has this concert here tonight... and, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me? Like.. on a date?" He asked nervously; even fiddling his fingers. You'd think that we weren't engaged yet. It was cute.

"Of course. But, what about Cam?" I asked and silently thought of ways to keep Cam busy while Zayn and I went out on our date.

"We can bring her along?" He suggested. I looked at Zayn like he had three heads.

"She doesn't roll like that. No third-wheeling on dates," I said with a frown. "I guess I better ask her."

Zayn nodded and kissed my forehead before I smiled at him and crossed over to Cam's temporary room. She was also packing her things.

"Want some help?" I asked as I knelt down beside her.

"It depends. Are you gonna Avada Kedavra me again? One does not simply die twice in one day." She joked. I laughed with her and we started packing her things in a very comfortable silence.

"Cam, Zayn and I are going out tonight." I said with a small smile ob my face.

"What? You need me to babysit? When the little angel is born, I can't babysit them, y'know. Unless you floo them over to France." She answered with mirth in her eyes; we laughed silently. (A/N: For those non-Potterheads, floo is a means of traveling via chimneys with a special powder called 'floo powder'.)

"Well, I didn't want you bored tonight, so, I was thinking of how to keep you entertained while Zayn and I are out. God knows that you won't go shopping all by yourself; besides, I won't allow it. You might get lost." She made an offended face at that.

"Hey! You're the one who always runs the risk of getting lost." She said and nudged me. I rolled my eyes.

"No need to point it out." I mumbled.

"I'll hang out with Zayn's sisters. We'll do each other's hair and gossip all about you two." I smiles and hugged her tightly.

"Thanks, mudblood." I whispered and she hugged me back.

"Avada Kedavra!" She said and poked my ribs. We started laughing loudly. "What are you going to wear tonight?"

"I don't know. One of my old dresses, maybe? For pete's sake, Cam, I'm going out with my fiancé. It's not like Zayn's going to cancel the wedding because he doesn't like my dress for tonight." I answered with a light laugh.

"Yeah, and Louis doesn't have the arse of a Kardashian," She said with a knowing look.

"What does my brother's arse being a Kardashian have to do with my dress?" I asked incredulously; grinning for I found the fact that Lou had the bum of a Kardashian really funny and true.

"It just seemed appropriate to say." She answered with a shrug.

"Really now? I think you still have a smidge of a crush on Lou." I teased her. She pretended to blanch.

"Nope. I was young and naïve back then. My taste in men has improved by a long run." She said proudly. I smirked.

"Good. Because Louis' gay." 

The expression on her face was so priceless that I would give my spleen to see it again.

"What!?" She asked incredulously.

"I'm just joking. Lou's straight. He just likes to make people think he's gay. What with Larry Stylinson and all."

***

"I know how to put make-up on, Cam. Bugger off." I said irritatedly and swatted Cam's hand from my face when she assaulted me with the foundation.

"But, this is your first... well-planned date. The other one was spontaneous. It was sweet and all, but, once in a girl's life, she needs her friends to fawn over her for her date." Cam reasoned.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "What?"

"Nothing. Just shut up and let us do all the work." She said and continued assaulting me with make-up again.

For an hour, they practically strapped me down to the chair in Cam's room. It was pure agony. They teased, straightened, and re-curled my hair lots of times. I was being tortured by my future sisters-in-law and my best friend.

"There." Walihya said with finality as she dropped the last strands of my hair that she re-curled.

"You look beautiful!" Cam gushed. I put on a mock-offended face and she shook her head.

"More beautiful than usual." Safaa corrected on Cam's behalf. I blushed and smiled at her.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"Zayn isn't going to be able to keep his hands to himself tonight." Doniya said with a grin. I blushed madly and looked down at my newly manicured hands. Cam really knew how to apply French tips.

Three knocks sounded on the door and Walihya opened it. I looked at the doorway through the mirror and on the other side was Zayn. He looked flawless... Who am I kidding? He'd always been flawless. His outfit was composed of a black, crew neck shirt that had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, dark brown pants, a pair of these black suede shoes. In his left hand was a varsity jacket.

My heart stopped then and there. He looked so handsome. How could someone as perfect as him love someone as plain as me.

I slowly got up off the chair that I was in and smiled shyly at Zayn. He smiled back and held his hand out to me. I gingerly took it in my own and he bent down to kiss it; causing a wave of butterflies to terrorize my stomach.

"You look gorgeous," He whispered and I blushed before biting my bottom lip and avoiding his gaze.

***

"Tickets, please." The usherette at the door stated with a smirk plastered on her face. She eyed Zayn up and down and I wanted to claw her eyes out. But, Zayn's arm around my waist kept me at bay.  He handed the girl two tickets and she checked them.

"Date night with the girlfriend, huh?" She asked with a sly wink towards Zayn which I caught. My eyes narrowed at her, but, she didn't even look at me. Her eyes were too busy undressing Zayn in her mind. And, was she living under a rock for the past month?! Girlfriend!? I'm more than that! Right?!

"Date night with my wife, yeah." Zayn answered with a smug smirk. My face flushed and I bit my tongue to keep from laughing at the creatfallen expression that the girl held. I'm usually not so mean, but she was asking for it. I should really get used to women flirting with Zayn, or at least trying to flirt with him. He is, after all, a superstar.

"Come on, love. We need to get to our seats." He ushered me into the venue and pressed me into his side even further when we entered the main arena. "Just breathe, love. I'll protect you."

With those words, he led me through the throng of wild girls that kept us from our seats. People bumped into me, and I kept my hands pressed to my womb; a subconscious habit that I've developed over the past few weeks.

"Are you okay, love?" Zayn whispered in my ear. I nodded and sighed in relief when I saw two empty seats. He led me over to them and sat me down before crouching in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, babe. Just a wild crowd. Though, your fans are wilder than this." I whispered the last part. Zayn chuckled and kissed my forehead before holding out his hand. I placed ny hand in his and we stood on the balcony; careful to leave a few inches between us and the railing.

We were at the very middle of the arena; not too far from the stage and not too near. We had the perfect elevated view of everything.

"How'd you get such awesome tickets?" I yelled over the squealing of Ed Sheeran's fangirls. Oh right, they were friends. "Nevermind!"

I looked out on the stage again and saw the cause of all the squealing. Ed was making his way center stage while carrying that little guitar. He looked all blurred to me since my eyesight was just so bad. But, I could still make out his fiery ginger hair.

"He's looking at us." Zayn whispered in my ear. Tingles shot down my spine and I nodded dumbly before holding my right hand up and waving at Ed while plastering a smile on my face.

"I see some friends over there. And, they're late... as usual." Ed joked. His fans were confused, but he paid no mind to them. He didn't want to expose Zayn and I to everyone. That would cause a riot in here. I'm not even joking. Fangirls would riot for a picture with Zayn.

"This song is for you guys. Best wishes to the happy couple." Ed stated and grinned before turning to us for a brief second and then turning back to the mic.

One, two, three, four..
Settle down with me,
Cover me up,
Cover me in,
Lie down with me,
And hold me in your arms


Zayn wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him as the music flowed in the room. I rested my head on his chest and placed my hands on either side of my head; against his chest. My eyes involuntarily closed themselves as I got lost in Zayn's embrace.

I opened my eyes and subtly looked around because it became eerily silent; save for Ed's melodious voice and all the instruments that accompanied it.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved
You wanna be loved, you wanna be loved
This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love


All eyes were trained on Zayn and I. My face flushed and I twitched a bit; making Zayn tighten his arms around my waist and kiss the crown of my head.

"I love you," He whispered. I smiled and leaned my head further against his chest.

"I love you, too." I mumbled and closed my eyes again; completely ignoring all the cameras and stares that were intruding on this moment.

***

After the concert, Zayn and I started walking around. Wherever we were going, I had no clue. I wasn't the one who used to live in Bradford.

"I should have thought this out." Zayn mumbled. I squeezed his hand and he looked down at me with a frown on his face. I pouted a bit and placed my thumbs on the corners of his lips and pulled it upward; making him grin.

"What's troubling you?" I asked softly as we stayed rooted to the side walk where we were surrounded by closed restaurants and establishments; save for this quaint little café at the end of the strip.

"Dinner." He sighed. I smiled at him and looped an arm through his.

"There's a coffee shop over there," I pointed out.

"I wanted to take you to this restaurant. I wanted to tell you everything that happened to me here..." He said sadly. I leaned my head on his arm and looked at him from the corner of my eye as we stood in front of the family restaurant that Zayn used to work at.

"Is this the restaurant where you first worked?" I asked softly. He nodded solemnly.

"We can eat here tomorrow." I suggested.

"But, we leave tomorrow."

"That doesn't mean that we can't stop by to eat brunch."

"Really!?" He asked with this twinkle in his eyes. I smiled and nodded. He leaned down and kissed my lips before walking towards the café.

"I'll tell you everything tomorrow." He stated happily. Seeing him that happy made my heart swell with joy. I wonder what his reaction will be when the baby's born...

Once we got to the café, the owner told us in a polite way that she was about to close up. So, Zayn made our coffees and pastries 'to go'.

"Where are we going to eat now?" I asked softly as we stood outside the café.

"I know the perfect place." Zayn said with a determined smile on his face before grasping my hand and balancing the coffees in his right hand and tucking the pastries in his arm. I tried to take the bag earlier but he refused to give it to me.

We walked around for about five minutes and reached a little park. It was deserted, but it wasn't like those creepy deserted parks in movies with the self-swinging swings and all that jazz. The park was lit by lamp posts, and I had the urge to scream out 'Holy shit, we're in Narnia!' but swallowed it down. I refuse to make a fool of myself tonight.

Zayn led me over to a set of swings and helped me sit down on one before sitting down beside me. I shuddered involuntarily when his fingers brushed my arm; and he mistook that as a sign that I was cold. Well, yeah, I was cold... But not to the extent of shivering. He took his varsity jacket off and wrapped it around my shoulders like the gentleman that he is. He sat down beside me again and handed me my hot caramel macchiato.

I took a dainty sip and made a choking sound when the hot liquid burned my tongue. I held it out and Zayn chuckled as he looked at me; causing me to blush.

"Want me to kiss it better?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes, "You might as well take me now."

"Really!? I'd love to do that!" Zayn exclaimed. I blushed madly and looked away to hide my flaming cheeks.

"You're a pervert." I muttered.

"And you love me for it." He countered.

"Touché."

***

We took the bus to go back to his house. Not exactly the most perfect means of transportation in the whole world, but it would have to do until one of us got our driver's license.

"I had tons of fun tonight," I began as we walked up to the front door.

"Anything for you." Zayn answered with a grin plastered on his face. He rooted me in place and started to lean in, so, I waited eagerly for his lips to crash against mine. When it did, tons of butterflies fluttered wildly in my stomach. "Goodnight,"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and Zayn started laughing quietly.

"Oh, right... I live here, too. Come, love." He fished the keys from his pocket and opened the door. I was about to walk in when he literally swept me off my feet and carried me through the front door.

"Zayn," I said with a silent laugh as he got the keys from the keyhole and kicked the door shut behind him before locking it and dashing up the stairs; making me wrap my arms around his neck.

All I can think was that I was in for a very long night of passionate love-making. But, who was I to complain? ;D
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, guys.. :) No more guessing games for a while. Because I think it irritates people and makes them think of me as a comment-digging bitch when in reality, I just want to know what you guys think is going to happen next.

Anyways, thank you to yellowlover777 (Zayn bought the house long ago, love.. :) ), xodangersbellaxo (I like your idea! Maybe I'll let Zayn handle the honeymoon to surprise Lil. Thank you. :D), dj tommo (Lol.. Frogs are Lil's natural sworn enemy. Maybe I'll do a back story about why she's afraid of them. :3 Thanks for the comment and the suggestion for my intro speech thingy, Hannah Montana... ♥), and Dance.Dance.Dance (Well, here it is, beb. Enjoy.. :3)

So, I don't know if I can update tomorrow.. because it's gonna be Mother's Day. and the yearly fiesta here. If you don't know what a fiesta is, I suggest you Google it. But, if you don't want to... A fiesta is the feast/celebration of a saint. For me, it means food, food, and more food. XD

Tell me what you guys think, okay?

Songspirations for this chapter are:
Kiss Me- Ed Sheeran
Porte Par la Vague- Natasha St-{ier
Tell Him- Colbie Caillat
Droplets- Colbie Caillat
Chasing Pavements- Adele
Quand Aimer Ne Suffit Pas - Natasha St-Pier
God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You- NSYNC


If you listen to these, you'll get why this chapter is so fluffy.. LOL..