Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Chapter 77: Celebration

Chapter 77: Celebration

"Lil! Oh my God! LILLIAN JANE TOMLINSON-MALIK-OR-WHICHEVER-SURNAME-YOU-WANT!" Cam shrieked from the other side of mine and Zayn's bedroom door as she pounded harshly on one of the double wooden doors.

"Huh?" I asked groggily as I stirred from my slumber. My hand flew up to the warm and naked body next to me as I stretched my limbs out.

"Lil! Open the fucking door!" Cam shrieked like a banshee.

"Wait the fuck up. I'm naked." I grumbled angrily as I picked Zayn's shirt up off the floor and threw it over my head in a flurry.

"I really didn't need to know that!" Cam answered. I opened the door and yawned widely; not caring about manners and all that jazz.

"Well, I wanted you to know it. So, ha!" I mumbled sleepily. She rolled her eyes and then perked up before literally shoving something in my face.  I, instinctively, stepped back and stared cross-eyed at the thing that she was holding up. I could only make out that it was a magazine.

"Is that-" I trailed off as I snatched it from Cam's grasp before ogling myself on the front cover of Teen Vogue; shamelessly, if I may add.

"It came in the mail this morning." Can stated with a grin. I hugged her tightly and then jumped on the bed before straddling Zayn and bouncing up and down; probably wasn't a good idea.

"Zayn! Babe! Zayn! Zayn! Zayn! Wake up!" I exclaimed happily as I bounced on him and shook him awake at the same time.

"Whu-?" He asked sleepily. I shook him again and he fell asleep; so, I slapped him. Hard. Zayn sat up in a flurry.

"Wake up!" I shouted through my girly giggles. He narrowed his sleepy eyes at me and I giggled again before grabbing him by his cheeks and kissing him full on the mouth. Screw morning breath. I'm too happy to care about proper hygiene.

"I'll leave you two alone." Cam said with a smirk before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind her.

"Oh my God! It's here!" I gushed and looked down at the magazine. "Wait. I did the shoot and interview for Teen Vogue France... This is Teen Vogue UK." 

"That's what I fixed yesterday. They asked me if they could use the same material with the UK edition. They already had a few copies printed out, and I knew that you would want to accept the offer..." Zayn couldn't say anything else since I cut him off with a kiss to his lips. I could sense that he wasn't saying something else, but let it pass. He would tell me if it was important, right? Besides, he had Liam and Harry with him... I trust all three of them.

And, let's just say that we both got a rigorous amount of exercise that morning.

***

"We should celebrate!" Eleanor piped up. I grinned at her and nodded.

"Let's go to Harrods! I need to spend those hefty gift cards that Niall gave Zayn and I." I winked at Niall and he started laughing that infectuous laugh that also made all of us laugh.

"The question is, how are we going to get there? We can't all very well take the bus. That would be like asking for murder." Cam pointed out. I laughed and agreed with her.

"The van!" Harry piped up.

"Van?" I asked.

"Yesterday, we asked the people that drove us home to leave one of the vans so that if we decided to drive around, we'd have a ride. It's in the garage." Liam explained.

"I'm driving!" I exclaimed.

The look of horror on Lou's face was so funny that I had a hard time trying to act offended.

"Please, Louis?" I pouted. He looked over at me and sighed.

"Fine." He answered reluctantly.

"Yay! Come on, you slow turtles! Let's go!" I ushered them to the garage. Zayn grabbed my bag for me and locked the front door before hopping in the van; sitting down on the seat behind me since Lou sat on the shotgun seat.

"Let's say a little prayer before we go." Louis said and made a sign of the cross before mumbling a prayer.

"Oh, you're being melodramatic." I waved him off.

"Melodramatic? We almost ended up in an automobile pretzel a few months ago." He reasoned. I looked at the rearview mirror and rolled my eyes when everyone strapped their seatbelts on.

"As I said earlier, melodramatic." I sang as I held my hand out for the keys. Louis begrudgingly set the keys on my palm.

I put the key into the ignition and turned it, making Louis scream in terror and me to jump up in surprise at Lou's girly scream. Everyone in the back laughed as I turned towards Lou and hit his arm; hard.

"You're an arse." I stated with a glare before turning back to the steering wheel and placing one hand on it, and one hand on the gear shift. I stepped on the clutch before bringing the gear  shift to the 'reverse slot' and slowly easing my foot off the pedal.

The van started moving backward and I smiled in triumph as I eased out of the garage and onto the cobblestone driveway.

"See, I can drive." I stated as I stepped on the clutch and the break to stop a few feet from the tall, wrought iron gates. Zayn got a small remote from his jacket pocket and pressed a button which made the gates slowly open. The thing that I love about these gates is that they can be opened either manually or automatically.

"Well, this is it. It's been nice knowing all of you." Louis said seriously as he knelt on his seat to face everyone. I rolled my eyes and stepped on the clutch before slowly releasing it and then stepping on the gas with my other foot.

Breathe, Lil. Breathe. You can do this. You hold 9 lives in your hands. 5 of which are of the members of One Direction. If you survive an accident and they don't, billions of girls will eat you alive. Well, gee, brain! Thanks for the pep talk. I'm absolutely pepped!

We drove out of the gated community that Zayn and I moved to, and Louis gripped his seat in terror. No one dared to make unnecessary noises, or even breathe loudly which made it so awkward.

"Can anyone say something?" I asked from the front.

"Potato." Niall piped up which made all of us chuckle. And so, for the first few minutes, everyone was tense. I'm telling you, they were winding themselves up for no reason. I'm a pretty good driver. I never would have gotten a student's permit if I wasn't, right?

"I can see Harrods!" Cam piped up as she pressed her nose against the glass. I veered right and pulled into the parking lot.

"Lou, you really should park the car." I mumbled sheepishly as another car pulled out of a parking space.

"I thought I was going to have to pay for any damage you might inflict upon all these innocent cars." Louis teased as he hopped out of the van. Then, he knelt down on the ground and stretched his arms out before crying out, "LAND! Oh, land!"

"You're such an arse." I muttered with a roll of my eyes as I climbed into his previous seat.

"Look at the pot calling the kettle black." He answered with a laugh as he shut the door beside him and parked the van.

***

"Niall, I really want to thank you for these gift cards." I said happily and hugged Niall. He grinned and ruffled my hair.

"It's nothing, Lil." He answered. I hugged him again before going back to Zayn who was, like the other guys, wearing a disguise... i.e., sunglasses, hats, and... well... Louis had a fake mustache taped to his face. Leave it to my brother to make a complete and utter fool of himself.

"Look. It's a wedding shop." I whispered in awe as my eyes landed on the said shop. Three wedding gowns adorned the front and you could see that the set-up was just like a wedding reception. I looked up at Zayn.

He chuckled, "Of course."

"What just happened?" Harry asked in confusion.

"It's one of those 'couple moments'." Eleanor piped up.

We entered the shop and a lady greeted us.

"Good morning."

"Good morning. I'm looking for invitations." I answered quietly.

"Over here, miss." She said perkily and led me over to a table where albums of sample invitations were laid out.

***

"When I get married, I won't go invitation shopping with my fiancée. You took two hours, and you still haven't decided what to buy." Harry grumbled as we sat at a table here in Starbucks.

"It was only an hour and a half, Harold." I answered with a roll of my eyes before taking a sip of my caramel frappuccino. 

"Well-"

Louis cut Harry off, "Listen!"

And so, we listened.

"You're insecure, don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the door
"

"Well, holy lemons." I said with a laugh before grabbing a cookie from Zayn's plate when he wasn't looking.

"This is so awkward." Liam mused which made all of us laugh; causing all the business people on break to look at us. There weren't any other teens in the shop since it was a school day.

"Shush, everyone. My favorite part is coming up." I silenced all of them and then made a gangster hand sign thing with my right hand before 'dropping' it twice.

"So c-c'mon, 
you got it wrong
To prove I'm right I put it in a so-o-ong
I don't know why,
You're being shy,
And turn away when I look into your e-e-eyes.
"

Zayn blushed madly and I smiled before pecking his lips. Then, we all joined in to sing the chorus before laughing loudly and attracting the attention of all the people in the store.

"You guys are such nerds." I muttered   as I took another cookie from Zayn's plate. Suddenly, a hand shot out from the side and grasped my wrist.

"Let the cookie go, Lil." Zayn whined.

"But... I want it." I pouted.

"You ate all my other cookies."

"I didn't. I ate my own."

"Are they really fighting about cookies?" Harry mumbled quietly and all of them laughed.

"We can share." Zayn bargained.

"Fine." I grumbled before breaking the cookie in half and quickly eating my half and placing Zayn's half in my mouth. To say that Zayn was shocked would be an understatement.

"I though I lost this Lil a long time ago." Cam teased.

"You're such a kid." Niall said with a laugh and I swallowed the cookie in my mouth before answering,

"I can act like a kid in my own right."

"My cookie..." Zayn trailed off.

"I'll make it up to you later." I said with a wide grin as I hugged his arm.

"You better." He grumbled.

"I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, guys!

Thank you to:

xodangersbellaxo : Everyone wants a big brother like Louis... Gawd... Should I write more brother-sister fluff? :)

dj tommo : i'll make the actual labor scene funnier and more credible.. Lol... I'll have to interview my cousin for first hand experience.. ;) and, there's still something that Zayn's not telling Lil.. Any guesses? XD

LeDeuxxx : thanks, love. :3 and, this story loves you, too... Well, The writer loves you, too since it's impossible for a non-living thing to love. Excuse me while I sort my crazy thoughts out...

thelovelyreader : Thanks, beb! I'll make sure to give Lil and Zayn a happy ending... but not without more drama.. ;)

hi.my.name.is.steph : thank youuuu! XD I'll write the wedding in a few chapters, so, expect a message soon.. :3

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ZAYN STILL SMOKES? I really want to tell him to stop smoking since my uncle was rushed to the hospital two days ago becuase he couldn't breathe (he's a smoker)... Turns out, he has emphysema. And he's still in the hospital now, but he's fine now. He underwent surgery this morning at around 12:30. He's only 33... And, I'm scared for Zayn. If he keeps his smoking vice, he's gonna end up like my uncle.

anyway, toodles.. And, please.. Tell me what you guys think of this chappy.. :)