Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Date Morning

Chapter 8: Date Morning

"Where the hell are we going, Zayn?" I asked as he grabbed hold of my hand and started running down the road. To say that I was flustered would be an understatement.

"Just come on before anyone catches us and tells Louis." He whispered as we ran to who-knows-where. We eventually made it to the main road and we just stood there.

"Zayn, where are we going?" I asked as I tapped my foot impatiently. He grinned and squeezed my hand before pecking my lips. "Don't change the subject."

"You'll find out soon, love. Patience is virtue." He answered with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

"And honesty is the best policy.. So.. Spill."

"Technically, I'm not lying. I'm simply keeping a secret."

"Please, Zayn?" I pouted and stood on my toes so he could see me clearly.

"I'm sorry, Lil. You'll just have to wait and see. I promise that it will be worth it." He said softly and wrapped an arm around my waist before pulling me close to him and kissing my temple.

I sighed and nodded in defeat.

Zayn eventually hailed a cab and helped me get in before joining me in the back seat and closing the door behind him. He handed the driver a slip of paper and the driver nodded. I assume that that's the address o the place that we're going to. Sneaky little git.

***

"Are we there yet?" I asked quietly as the driver drove on and on. We'd been in this cab for almost an hour.

"Nearly there." Zayn answered with a chuckle. "Patience, love."

"Don't 'patience, love' me, Zain Jawaad Malik. I demand to know where you're taking me." i hissed at him.

"You're as stubborn as Louis." He pointed out. I narrowed my eyes at him and pinched his arm.

"That's because he's my brother, you dolt." I said hotly. I was not one for long car rides without knowing my destination. "You're changing the subject again. Stop doing that!"

"We're here." He stated and handed some money over to the driver before helping me out of the cab. "And we're just in time."

I took my surroundings in and saw that we were at a beach. Not just any beach, though. The same beach where they shot the What Makes You Beautiful music video.

"It's.. Well.. Unexpected." I whispered as we started walking around.

"Yeah. But, this really isn't my surprise." He answered softly and I smiled.

"Well then.. Surprise me, Zayn."

He looked at me and smiled before squeezing my hand and gently tugging on it which made me follow him in the darkness.

"Close your eyes." He instructed. I grinned and poked his side which made him flinch.

"And why should I do that? So you could murder me without feeling any guilt?" I teased and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Just do it." He muttered.

"You're stealing the tag line from Nike! Plagiarism!" I shouted indignantly but closed my eyes all the same.

"Shut up, Lil. Now, follow me and try not to trip. The sand will most probably explode and make a ditch." He joked. I scoffed.

"You really know how to please a woman, Zayn. i'm absolutely wooed. I want to have your babies." I said in an annoying fangirl voice and he groaned.

"You can open your eyes now." He whispered and I opened my eyes. There was absolutely nothing there.

"What?" I whispered. He chuckled and pointed up at the sky. So, I looked up and saw tons of stars shining brightly in the sky.

"They're beautiful." I said in awe. He sat down on the sand and gently dragged me down with him. Then, we laid down on our backs and admired the early morning sky where the stars were as bright as ever.

"You love stars." Zayn said softly before turning his head to look at me. I looked at him confusedly.

"How did you know?" I asked quietly as a smile played on my face.

"Louis would never shut up about his little sister who loved stars and books.. His baby sister who needed glasses to see but refused to wear them.. The girl who preferred white chocolate over plain old chocolate. The same girl that I'm in love with.. The very girl that I'm with, right here, right now. Do you know that you're the only girl to ever give me butterflies? Big, manly butterflies in my stomach." He said with a chuckle. At this point I was blushing like mad.. My throat had run dry and my heart was beating on overdrive.

"I... You.. Love.. Me?" i stammered out. He chuckled and nodded solemnly.

"I like smart girls who aren't mainstream. When Lou talked about you during the X Factor.. I just.. I fell in love with you. Then, when we met.. I couldn't stop thinking about you. It's like I was addicted. I'm sorry.. I must be freaking you out." he apologized. I put a finger up to his lips and smiled.

"Don't be. It's sweet. And, I've been feeling the same things ever since we first met." I admitted and placed a short but sweet kiss on his lips.

"So, what does this make us?" he asked softly. I shrugged and smiled at him.

"Secret lovers? Lou would murder you if he found out that we're already an item after the first date." i giggled. He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist before pulling me close to him and kissing my lips.

"Well then.. Hello, my secret lover." he said with a grin and i giggled again.

"Hi, babe. So, how long do we keep this secret stuff up?" I asked giddily. It's like I'm having an adrenaline rush by just being 'together' with Zayn.

"Up until my two-week mark is over? That way, Louis won't bloody murder me." he answered with a chuckle before pressing his lips to mine again.

"Yeah. I prefer you alive and with me." i whispered and ran my hand through his hair. He didn't protest.

"You know.. Normally, I'd swat your hand away.. But you're my girlfriend.. You have a special place in my heart. So special that you're allowed to touch my hair." he said with a chuckle.

"Wow. I feel so special. Thanks, babe." I muttered and rolled my eyes. Zayn chuckled before hugging me and kissing the tip of my nose, then my lips.

"I love you, Lil." he whispered and i blushed madly as i buried my face at the crook of his neck.

"I love you, too, Zayn." I answered and kissed the skin that was in front of my lips.

"Good to know." he chuckled and then kissed my forehead before yawning. "Night, babe."

"Morning, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again.. Hi to all of you!!

Gawd.. I was in such a good mood so I decided to update again.. :D

A massive thanks to Zayren for commenting!! :D

I told you guys that comments make me update faster. :)

anyways.. I'm updating from my iPhone again since this chappy was a spur-of-the-moment thing. Yeah.. I had to avoid being caught by my 'boss' while in the middle of a Production Staff meeting. (we organize school events and some other stuff).. Aaaand.. I have some good news.. I don't have to study as much for my second year of college since i'm exempted from most of my classes due to being a production staff member. Sooooo.. More updates!! Yaaaay!!

Please tell me what you guys think about this chappy? Is it too quick?

--Jen Malik :3