Status: Almost Done... :')

When I Think About You

Chapter 87: One More Chance

Chapter 88: Promise Me

"No."

I was surprised that I outright said that to Liam Payne of all people. The very handsome and talented Liam James Payne.

"Liam, this is wrong. I- I'm sorry... But.. No... I love Zayn... and..." I started rambling.

Liam chuckled and placed a finger over my lips to silence me. Then, he moved forward and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you as my little sister, Lil. And, I'd just like to say that what I had for you the first time we met was nothing more than a schoolboy crush. So, don't feel bad about 'letting me down' or anything."

"What? So... That thing about you marrying me..." I trailed off; my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I said that to scare Zayn out of his wits; so he would realize how lucky he is to have you."

"But, I'm the one who's lucky to have him."

"No, Lil. You have it all wrong. He's the one who's lucky to have you. You're a special girl and he couldn't be luckier to have you in his life."

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I hugged Liam tightly, "You're the best second brother ever!"

"Help him get over his addiction." Liam whispered in my ear as he hugged me tighter.

"But.. how?" I asked softly; looking up at him with tears shining in my eyes. "I can't always be with him. Especially when you go to America again."

"I'll help you supervise him when we're away, okay? Tell him that he can do it; give him rewards if he goes a week without cigarettes."

"But... alright. Fine." I said and sighed.

"It's not easy, but, it must be done." Liam said and pulled the corners of my lips up; making me smile.

"Thanks, Liam."

"You're very welcome, Lillian. Here's what we're going to do."

***

That morning, I woke up with a wide smile on my face; thanks to Liam. He gave me hope that Zayn could change; that he could stop his vice if given the proper encouragement.

"Good morning!" I greeted Louis happily and kissed his cheek before sitting down on the sofa next to him.

"Are you okay?" Louis asked and placed a hand on my forehead; making me swat it away while laughing quietly.

"I'm fine. Thanks to Liam." I stated and winked at Liam who sat across me. Zayn, from his spot beside Niall who was next to Liam, gripped his fork tightly and stabbed the omelette that was on his plate with such a force that the plate broke in half. Everyone looked up at him and he huffed before tossing his fork into the plate and crossing his arms over his chest.

"What's gotten into you, mate?" Harry asked from beside Cam who was beside me; across Niall.

"Nothing." Zayn hissed through clenched teeth.

"Would you like some apple juice, Lil?" Liam asked; purposefully ignoring Zayn's little outburst earlier.

"Sure, Li-li." I answered with a flirtatious giggle while offering my empty glass out to Liam. He poured some apple juice in it and I blew a kiss at him in thanks. I subtly looked over at Zayn to see that he was fuming on the spot. Like, you can sense the jealousy and anger that was rolling off of him.

"I'm not hungry." Zayn stated angrily before throwing his table napkin on his chair after he got up, then walking off to our room.

"Excuse me." I excused myself and went after Zayn with a smile on my face. Liam was right. Jealousy really is effective.

I pushed the door to our room open and saw him pacing at the foot of the bed while pulling his hair out; metaphorically yet practically speaking.

"Stop pacing. You'll wear the carpet out."

"Shouldn't you be out there with Li-li?" Zayn spat Liam's nickname. I rolled my eyes.

"How does it feel like to be the one who's hurt, frustrated, and angry?" I asked while looking intently into his eyes.

"Not good. It's like.. I want to kick something so badly to numb the pain!" Zayn answered frantically. I smiled a bit and walked over to him before giving him a hug.

"Now, you know how I always feel when we fight," He hugged me back. "I will help you through your smoking vice."

"Really? But... Liam... and.."

I cut him off, "Liam was bluffing when he said that to you. He wanted you to realize a lesson.. I'm not exactly sure what lesson it is. But hey, it's Liam handing out life lessons, so you better listen to him."

"I'm so sorry for not stopping. I'm really, really sorry, Lil." Zayn apologized and buried his face in the crook of my neck; making me smile and braid my fingers through his hair as a way to comfort him as he cried.

"I'm not gonna tell you that it's okay, because it really isn't. But, what I'm going to tell you, though, is that you have one more chance to prove to me that you can stop that vice of yours. One more strike and... I don't even want to think of what will happen." I whispered and kissed his clothed shoulder.

He hugged me tighter and nodded against my shoulder, "I promise. I'm really, really sorry. I wanted to stop... but.. I couldn't. I'm so sorry."

"Hush now, babe. I love you. We can make it through this, okay? I will help you." I said softly and cradled Zayn's face in my hands before pressing a kiss to his lips. He nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist before deepening our lip lock.

"Lil, Zayn?" Harry called through the door; making Zayn and I jump apart at the intrusion.

"What?" I asked aloud.

"Nothing! I was just curious!"

"Just fuck off, Harry!" I shouted.

"Well, we're gonna go to the studio today and we were wondering if you wanted to come along!"

"Sure! Just.. let me get ready!"

"We're gonna talk about this later, okay?" I said softly with a smile before pecking Zayn's lips. He nodded. "Right now, we need to get ready to go to that studio so you can record the new album."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll try to make another video soon. :D

BTW, my Liam story will be called 'Born To Love You'... is it good or is it bad?

I apologize for my suck-y acting skills. I know that that wasn't my best performance.. lol.. :3

Comments are a great thing to wake up to.. Well, I'm off to sleep now.. :3