Status: In progress :)

Haunt Me

14.

"Good morning, Sebastian."

"Good morning, Mr. Shingler." Sebastian looked up from his desk with a movie star grin.

"Please, this isn't an interview anymore. You can call my Hank. Welcome to the job." Sebastian rose from his seat to shake his boss' hand.

"It's my pleasure, Sir."

Sebastian's day flew by without a single complication. All of the people we helped out were exceedingly pleasant, and all of his co-workers welcomed him warmly to his new position.

He looked down at his new watch, which he had only purchased the day before in celebration of his new job, to see that there was only twenty minutes left in his shift. Wow. That went by quick.

The bell of the banks door rang and Sebastian looked up to see who his next client would be. "Hello." She said brightly. There stood the beautiful brown eyes, dark blonde haired Peyton Emmerson. She wore tweed pants and a royal blue T-shirt- She looked stunning.

"Um- Hello." Sebastian was at a loos for words. Of all the banks she could possibly have visited...

Darien eyed the two of them from over Peyton's shoulder and rolled his eyes. "Yes. Hi. We need to make a transfer for some money left in our name. A form from our lawyer should be being faxed to you right now."

"Do I know you, Sir?" Peyton asked, eyes narrowed at him.

"You know, you look familiar, too." He replied, jumping up from his chair. "I hear the printer. I'll just be a moment."

When he returned to them he tried his hardest not to pay particular attention to Peyton. He helped them with their transaction and let out a sigh of relief as they said thank you and left the bank. It was twenty minutes past his punch-out time.

Sebastian grabbed his coat on the way out the door and called goodbye to Rebecca, happy to be collecting his letter from Peyton and heading home for bed. He smiled to himself as he climbed onto the bus and took his regular seat.

She recognized me.

__

"I cannot put my finger on where I've seen that guy before!" Peyton slung herself onto the couch, trying to be dramatic.

"You just thought he was cute." Darien retorted.

"Cute or not, I know I've seen him before."

They brewed a pot of coffee and listened to the Anastasia soundtrack while playing cards until Darien decided to go to bed at nine o'clock.

Peyton checked the porch to make sure that her letter was gone. It was. She smiled, closing the front door and heading to her bed for a good night's sleep.

__

I went to the University of Michigan for my teaching degree. I actually thought about staying in Ann Arbor after I graduated, but I missed home too much.
I'm really sorry about your mother... I know how hard it is. And I know you may find this a bit strange, but you can write to me about it if you ever need.
We're in a sticky situation, aren't we? I want to let you know that I really have forgiven you. I don't like what you did, to say the least, but hating you isn't going to bring my mother back.
Now I'm more interested in getting to know you, to be honest. If you wouldn't mind, that is.

Until tomorrow,
Peyton Emmerson


Sebastian folded the letter up, put it back in the envelope, and lay back in bed with a smile on his face. It faltered, though, the more his mind wandered. Will she turn me in if she finds out who I am?
He turned over and turned his bedside lamps off, ready to go to bed. He knew that it would be worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?