The Rising

Justin

“Did you hear that?” she asked beside me. I turned and looked at the terrified girl. The usually well kept girl was messy and her dark eyes look around terrified.
“There are none in here” I reassured her as I peered over one of the clothes’ racks and looked around, it looked generally empty. It was weird since on a normal day Wal-Marts would be fill but since the zombie outbreak… well people have had more important things to do.
“Get back down” Colette said as she pulled my shirt and looked around. I listened and I heard nothing.
I laughed, “you’re being paranoid.”
She glared at me, “shut up Justin before I feed you to them.” I got the strange feeling she might do, but then regret it later. I am the only reason we are alive now, she nearly got bitten twice already; once by my mother (her aunt), and another time by one of her friends. Both times I saved her. I looked back over the racks to see no one was there and I felt my stomach growl.
“Let’s go and look in the food isle?” I asked and she nodded her head. We both walked/crawled toward the food section. We walked past the frozen goods which we could not eat (obviously since it was frozen and we have no method of heating it up). Then I heard a loud noise. It sounded like cans falling. They are here? Colette stiffened behind me and I took a deep breath as we slowly began to back up but I stopped when I heard some voices.
“Don’t make so much noise” a female voice whispered.
“Sorry, I vill look to see if anyone heard” a boys voice said and I saw him peer over and look straight at us. He had blonde hair with blue eyes that were framed by glasses. He was sort and skinny, probably around the age of 11. His eyes widen then went back to normal. He cleared his throat and asked, “are you two…” We shook our heads no and walked toward them.
The girl quickly appeared behind him and asked, “is everything o- oh wait I know you. Don’t you go to my school?” The girl was tall a bit chubby had short hair that ended around her chin and dark green eyes. I looked back at Colette who nodded her head. We walked into the isle to see they had a small little camp.
“Vho are you two?” the boy asked.
“I am Justin and this is my cousin Colette, you two?” I replied.
“I am Alfreda, and this is my friend Gustav” the girl replied I walked over and looked at some of the cans. I picked out a random can of raviolis and opened it.
Gustav picked a bag up and said “ve have forks.”
“Thanks” I said taking one and so did Colette as she walked over and opened a can. Colette and I ate as the four of us talked about how we arrived here.
“I don’t understand how bad meet caused all of zis” Gustav thought aloud and I just shrugged my shoulders. Does anyone understand? I peered down the isle out the window. I saw a group of zombies walking around looking for their next victim. Luckily they did not pay any mind to us, they wouldn’t even see us if they tried because the room was dark.
“Do you think it has spread far yet?” Colette asked beside me.
“Most likely” Alfreda said.
“I wonder if any famous people have been infected” Colette thought aloud.
“Hopefully Rebecca Black was on of them” Gustav said.
I laughed, “she is not famous though.” The four of us laughed quietly and there was a loud noise. I looked straight to the front of the store and sighed. One of the idiots broke a car window and now the alarm was going off. That was going to attract every zombie in a 5 mile radius. I leaned back against the shelf; we were going to be stuck in here for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it <3